Default Please define "Shuttle"

We're Jamaica newbies and headed to CN in a few days... I was wondering what the shuttle ride to/from the airport is like? Taxi, van, bus? I'm picturing a lot of people crammed in a small space on a long winding road for a few hours! I'd appreciate it if anyone could clarify what I should be expecting!

Thanks!

It will depend on how many other couples are going to CN &/or CSA at the same time as you are. We have went in a large van or small shuttle bus with 1 - 2 - 3 other couples, we have went in a van just the 2 of us, & we have been on a larger shuttle bus crammed to the max. We've never been taken in a car so when they say "taxi" it's a normal size to extended size van. Don't worry about the road ..... it's not like it used to be ..... still different than the states but not bad & quite interesting to see the sites along the way. It should take less than an hour & 1/2 to get there & you'll have air conditioning ...... the driver may stop for a potty/drink break on the way if you want to. On the way back to the airport, it's usually on a large bus that has already picked people up from CSA but not always. Just depends on how many couples are going at the same time again. Don't worry ...... it's part of the fun!
    Julie

The shuttle bus is typically a multi passenger tour van, and they are very comfortable. Sit back and enjoy the ride, it's a great introduction to Jamaican culture and you'll be at the resort sooner than you might think.
    nobody's favorite poster

Not quite that bad. It is an extended van that seats about 10-12 people and all your luggage. Roads are not that long and winding anymore. The trip to CN takes about an hour to 90 minutes.
    Last edited by Vickyj; June 26th, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Vicky

We've been in a van with 2 other couples and a mini-bus with 8, so it just depends on what's available when you arrive. Keep in mind there are hundreds of people arriving and heading to 39 different resorts.
    Have fun.
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

tjjo9

Been to SweptAway two different times, which happens to be a few minutes from CN. The shuttle ride is usually by bus, and takes about 75 minutes. The road is very good, the most trouble you will have is leaving Montego Bay. If you would like to stop along the way just ask your driver. So take a few Red Stripes with you and enjoy the ride.

WELL, IT ALL DEPENDS!!!! We have been on small vans that everyone had plenty of seating and small vans where we were the only couple on board. We have had large busses where everyone had plenty of seating and some where there were two seats for every passenger. I have never been on an over crowded bus, van or shuttle. Now if you are 6+ feet tall, Jamaica vans seating can be a bit tight but there is always the front seat or the asile for foot space.

One thing you may want to know is that the shuttle is only for Couples guest. You don't stop at a ton of different resorts along the way. Since you are going to CN, there might be guests who are also staying at CSA on the shuttle with you, but you will first stop at CN. In the 4 times we have gone, it has always been a van that seats about 5 couples, but one of the rows is taken up with luggage so you can only get 4 couples on the van. No crowding and very comfortable.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

The shuttle van is nice! I have met some wonderful people on the buses too. They are clean, air conditioned and comfortable. It's a fun trip.

Default shuttle

If you suffer at all from motion sickness, be prepared for the ride from MoBay to your resort. Unfortunately I get very sick and after battling air sickness, hopping into a shuttle bus full of people and winding roads just about put me over the edge. Many folks loved the ride but for those few of us who turn green at every bump and turn, my recommendation is to eat a little something and keep medicated!

We have taken the shuttle many times. Once, it was a full size bus with plenty of room for everyone. All of the other times it was a van with a few other couples. Only once was the van packed to the gills, and that was on a return trip from CSA to the airport on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by KendaO View Post
    If you suffer at all from motion sickness, be prepared for the ride from MoBay to your resort. Unfortunately I get very sick and after battling air sickness, hopping into a shuttle bus full of people and winding roads just about put me over the edge. Many folks loved the ride but for those few of us who turn green at every bump and turn, my recommendation is to eat a little something and keep medicated!
    zofran zofran zofran....

On our return to the airport we actually were taken in a very nice car the driver had to drop a worker off somewhere but we were the only couple.