Hybrid View

Default should i/can i switch

me and my fiance are planning on coming to CTI sept 6-11 for our honeymoon and as you could expect i want it to be perfect.
    but lately ive been hearing some negative things about the beach and thats something very important to me.

just wondering if anyone knew if i could take what ive paid (all of it) and transfer it to another resort...??
    or do i have nothing to worry about

You have nothing to worry about going to CTI,but if you wanted to switch you should be able to without a penalty. Just check with who you made the reservation with (Couples directly or a traval agent) and they will take care of it for you

CTI's beach is small but private. The resorts in Negril have large beaches, but they are not private. You have to think about what you drew you to CTI in the first place and look at whether or not the resorts in Negril or CSS will have those things. For instance, if you were hoping to climb Dunn's River Falls, you can do that from Negril, if you want to pay for it and take a whole day from your vacation. You can also go to YS Falls or Maysfield Falls from Negril but it is not included. Only you know why you booked CTI. So go back and check things out and make sure that the Negril locations or CSS will have what you were looking for in your vacation. We return to CTI on July 3rd.
    Vicky

You should be able to change your reservations but you may have to pay a price difference as CTI is typically less expensive than CN or CSA. If beach is your thing, go to CN or CSA! You can just call the resort directly and talk to them about changing -- they will be able to help you. Good luck!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

As long as you are 45 days or more outside of your reservation you can switch, but it will be at today's rates. If you are going to change, do it before June 30th to get the best rate and the $500 resort credit.

The portion of the beach that is affected by the beach erosion is near the end of the beach that doesn't get used much. When we were there in November, that section of the beach was under water and not available. There is still plenty of beach left to lay on. No need for concern. If your heart is set on CTI, then stay with it.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I think it depends on what your looking for. Every couples resport is wonderful and unique in its own way. We have been to both CTI (when it was still Ocho Rios before the remodeling)and CSA. We love them both but at CTI we soend more time at the pools instead of the beach and at CSA we spend more time on the beach. It is no secret that the beaches in Negril are beautiful with the white sands and a little better than the others (7 miles of it). But CTI has the AN island which is great (if you are into that) and CSA does not have an AN area. The beaches at CSA are public so there is more traffic with the vendors which some find annoying. It doesn't bother us.. to us it gives us more of the character and jamaican atmosphere. It seemed like CTI did more pool and beach activities (games) than CSA does and we had a blast with those.
    If I were you maybe weigh out the pros and cons of the 2 resorts and do what feels right for you. Don't worry about making the wrong decision though cause there is no such thing with Couples. You can always try the other one next time cause you will be hooked after your first trip! lol

You have nothing to worry about but you would be able to change if there is availability.

If the beach still has the seaweed problem I'd switch to Couples Negril. The seaweed was bad in April but only at the end by the pier. Now it looks alot worse, so I doubt it will go away real soon.

You can switch now but you will have to pay the current prices I think. The beach is pretty important to me too so I would switch.

Quote Originally Posted by kath7564 View Post
    me and my fiance are planning on coming to CTI sept 6-11 for our honeymoon and as you could expect i want it to be perfect.
    but lately ive been hearing some negative things about the beach and thats something very important to me.

just wondering if anyone knew if i could take what ive paid (all of it) and transfer it to another resort...??
    or do i have nothing to worry about
    if a beach is a priority i would strongly suggest you think about negril. No beach in ochi can be compared to the negril beach.

As amazing as Couples is, you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect perfection and I think that's true regardless of where you go.

CTI is wonderful! We spent our honeymoon there from June 1-8 and loved it. If you looked into the resorts, browsed the website, or read through some of the message board, you already have a good idea of what CTI's beach is like. Small, but private, and with more than enough sun and shade for everyone without anyone having to get up early to 'reserve' a spot. It doesn't seem to have changed lately. In which case, I'd stick with CTI. However, if you're just finding out that it's smallish and you love big beaches, try to change. If you like the public to have beach access and vendors wandering around, try to change.

Good luck making your choice

GO! We were there a week ago. We were told the seaweed was a two week thing. they work there tails off cleaning it up. It was so amazing there! you will not regret it. That was the first time i ever got to see a beach I was not disappointed. Everything about that place was awesome! Not one complaint only wish i was still there!

Default We need a like button!

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    GO! We were there a week ago. We were told the seaweed was a two week thing. they work there tails off cleaning it up. It was so amazing there! you will not regret it. That was the first time i ever got to see a beach I was not disappointed. Everything about that place was awesome! Not one complaint only wish i was still there!
    This is where we need a "like" button!
    Vicky

If the beach, going into the ocean, and watersports is the most important thing to you on your vacation, I'd switch. We were at CTI last week (June 19-26) and the only thing I was disappointed in was the ocean. I'm probably spoiled as we normally go to CSA where the beach and ocean is absolutely fabulous. However, if you care more about rooms and service, I'd recommend staying with CTI. The ocean view rooms at CTI far exceed even the BFS at CSA. It was wonderful to hear the crashing waves from the balconey.
    No need to switch to Negril, though, the beach/ocean at CSS was perfectly clean, calm and private and then you can still go to Dunn's River.