Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you tell?

Default Do you tell?

When you come back from being at SSB or any of the other AN at Couples do you tell your friends and co-workers?

I have told some people and it is amazing the looks and remarks I get. One because I am very much a straight lace person at work and they cannot believe I would let my hair down enough to go to an AN beach. I get teased quite a bit about it in a good way. I just tell them they won't understand until they try it.

The other funny thing was when I went to the doctor for my annual physical and when she opened my gown to do all the poking and proding she stopped for a second and then asked me if I went to a tanning bed and I said no I spend the Thanksgiving Holiday at an AN beach. The doctor looked at me and said "yea, I didn't think you were a tanning booth person" and went on with the exam. I thought that was pretty funny!

So do you tell or is it your Secret?

Annarundel

My children, and my some of my co-workers know. I have even told some of my friends. Like you I am somewhat staight laced, and have a deep faith. But, those that know me and my husband (especially him) understand. And after I explain about the atmoshpere and all, they definitely understand. Not sure how many of them would try it, but I keep encourageing them.
    Linda

It's amazing the looks and comments you get when people ask if you went to a nude beach. It seems that they all have in their mind that it is a wild sexual experience with everyone having sex on the beach. Now you have found out what the experience is all about.

It is TRUE. You simply don't understand the experience until you have tried it and experienced it for yourself.

When people say "nice tan" I respond "YUP" and there are NO tan lines.

Let their minds fall into the gutter. I simply say my wife and I had a great vacation together.

I told a coworker, one of the younger ones, that I and my hubby sunbath au naturale and she laughed and said go for it, our children know but but don't want any details or to really know.
    I think it is a hoot, as I find there are folks younger than baby boomers, us, who think old people are out of the sexual enjoyment experience realm.
    LasCrs

We're in the closet, so to speak. We're not ashamed, it's just that society has taught us all to be ashamed of our nekkid selves. But we've learned better. We go to other placesfor nekkid fun and always have a "cover" story. We ask other couples about this and most of them are staying at the "Hilton", etc. It's kinda funny actually. What's your cover story? You don't need one for Couples, though...cuz it's legit..

Bilkat
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; June 29th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

While we don't hide it,we don't just throw it out there. While our kids know, they don't want to hear anything about it... We are very comfortable with it and wish we had opportunities in our area.

We go to Jamaica two to three times a year and that is just not enough time...
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; June 29th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

We just took our first trip to CTI at the beginning of June, and everyone who heard about our trip also heard about our time on the island. Would've been hard to talk about the trip otherwise considering how much time we spent out there :P

Most people who know me know I go AN on vacation including my in family. I gave up trying to explain it and they do not judge me. My in laws are around alot as we live on a lake and they have gotten used to me being close to naked in string bikini's.
    ... it keepsh me shane

We use discretion on who we tell. Not ashamed, just don't need all of the folks back home getting all upset about something they don't understand. Our kids know, but as another poster said, they don't ask any questions about it. We have told some of our good friends. I think some would do it, others would not. They laugh and have a little look of envy in their eyes...I just say, don't knock it until you've tried it...

We are like SPLASH. Our closest friends know and maybe a few others have guessed. We could never tell my wife's parents and brothers they would never, ever understand and would think it was very wrong. I think most of my family would understand but we just don't tell them. My oldest sister can't believe anyone would sleep naked so maybe they wouldn't understand!! We went to Florida for vacation the past two years and went to an AN beach. Our 19 year old daughter was with us but we went our way and she went hers and we just never talked about it. Don't know if she knew what we were doing or not and it doesn't matter.

We enjoy the experience and we feel good about doing it so we don't need to get buy in from others. I don't know if we will ever have friends go and try it with us or not. Will just have to wait and see.

We tell a few of our friends, some times it comes up in conversation with others but we don't blare "Hey we got naked on vacation".

When I send people a link to the Couples website people will ask "Did you go over to the Island?" and of course we say "every chance we get'.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Our 19 year old daughter was with us but we went our way and she went hers and we just never talked about it. Don't know if she knew what we were doing or not and it doesn't matter.
    Does it matter if you know that she was doing the same thing?

I am not ashamed of spending most of our time at SSB but I do not talk about my AN adventure in Jamaica. My coworkers all know that we go to Jamaica every year but that is it. They have no need to know anything more. I think some people wear their AN experience as a badge of honor. I for one am not looking for any more badges. Just another purple rain please. Or possible another daily special, whatever it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
    Our 19 year old daughter was with us but we went our way and she went hers and we just never talked about it. Don't know if she knew what we were doing or not and it doesn't matter.
    Not at all. She is an adult and can make her own decisions.

Oops.
    Last edited by Bilkat; July 6th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
    Personally, if I was at Couples with my kids, it would matter to me, and I would definitely talk about it! I wouldn't mind if they went to the AN beach, but I wouldn't want to unknowingly run into them there. Being AN with family is just not my thing.

jamaican_junkie - I agree. For many reasons (she didn't know where it was, it had a fee to get in, etc.) I knew she was not going to be at the AN beach. When I first read the question and posted my reply I didn't even think about her being at the AN beach. If I had thought she might be, then I would have discussed it with her. We just don't think we would be comfortable being at an AN beach were there are kids and especially our own.

Bilkat - I was curious what your Oops was for. I hope my reply didn't come across wrong or something. Sometimes the way we write things don't reflect the way we mean it to come across.

kycouple:

I wanted to delete it and I had to have at least two characters left or it wouldn't take my delete so I had to edit. It was a funny (fun) comment that I decided was out of context because of the sequence of postings. Nothing personal to anyone. There, I feel much better now! I'm all thumbs on these dang computers!

Bilkat 4 days to CN!!!

What happens in Jamaica, stays in Jamaica.

I pretty much told everyone what a wonderful time we had on the island at CTI... I even got some looks from my fiance when I was talking to her parents about it.. heh.

I'm just so happy that my girl enjoyed herself enough to keep going out there with me! We'll be back, soon!

Most people who know us, know that when we go on holiday we usually sunbathe nude, when we get the chance. Don't boast about it but don't hide it either. Don't think it is such a big deal these days. Cannot remember getting any negative comments when we have mentioned it.

Anyway not long now till we are back on the Island at Tower Isle. Woo hoo.

Our close friends know what we do on vacation; younger friends are usually more astonished (we are in our late 40s) and some tease us about it (good-naturedly). Those our age may raise an eyebrow but mostly in envy . I don't advertise it but don't hide it either. I don't share the fact at work, except with a few who are close to me - I'm in an authority position and the culture where I work is quite conservative; this probably would be a distraction.

I agree with "oma parrothead" - what happens in Jamaica stays in Jamaica.

Sans Souci has been such a special place to us, since the day we were married on the property. Its a wonderful, private secret. We go back often (will be there again in October), and we never mention SSB or the details to friends/family. Somehow, it would spoil the magic....

We talk about the island and the people we have met out there. If anyone looks into CTI online they'll figure it out, but we don't normally show and tell.

Nothing better coming home with your only tan line being from your wedding ring! About the only vacation questions people ask us anymore are about SSB or "the island." I think our friends would be dissapointed if we didn't go!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast