Thread: Packing list

Default Packing list

we are going to CTI for the first time in October and need a packing list of what we might need this is all new for the both of us. also what is the temp like then.
    and help will be wonderful.
    Rhonda

There are several posts on this topic on the old message board with lots of input -- however, a short list that comes to mind is:

Meds like tylenol, Tums, insect bite cream, bandaids, etc. These can be bought at the resort but are pricy.
    Motion sickness pills if you have any concerns over getting sick on the snorkel or catamarin cruise.
    Sunscreen / tanning lotion
    Hair conditioner (they have shampoo in the rooms, but no conditioner)
    Insect repellent (DEET or Avon Skin So Soft)
    Beach bag to hold your books, lotions, sunglasses, etc.
    large zip-lock bags
    $1 & $5 bills for tipping the drivers to and from the airport (and other off-resort excursions)

What you will be wearing from morning to late afternoon is your swimsuit and coverup -- and flipflops. You will want to bring one nice outfit for your reservations dinner. Other dinners you will feel very comfortable in shorts or sundresses. Do not overpack the clothes.

June

Default Packing for Fellow Texans

E & J, Please contact us fellow Texans. We've been to Couples 15 times and we have apacking list that we use. E-mail us at rasta1@gvtc.com and I'll send it to you.

CTI, October 17 -24
    Ed & Lynn, Spring Branch, TX

here is our packing list
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks so much, very helpful

Thanks for the packing list StarrandBrian

One thing we always bring besides our desire to leave the wonderful?? Wisconsin weather in December is an extension cord.

Amazingly helpful! I LOVE the packing list. Thanks so much for sharing!

love the packing list... my favorite item on there was the "hangover pills"

Thanks so much for the packing list. One guestion what is the hang over pills?

lol, thanks

Bring everyting you can think of mon, with regard to medications, salves, lotions, cause if you don't and need something like aspirin, Pepto-bismal, antacid, sunscreen etc., you will pay through the nose. I agree with the first reply. Don't over pack clothes. We always do anyway, then regret it later.

Default Packing list additions

We just got back from CN and took drink coozies to keep our drinks cold while hanging out on the beach. They worked great! Also might want to think about taking a buff puff (scrubbing sponge) for getting the suntan lotion off in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_hawks View Post
    Thanks so much for the packing list. One guestion what is the hang over pills?
    It's a pill they sell at Walmart or other drug stores that is supposed to prevent a hangover. We took them one year and they didn't work.

I'd be happy to send our packing list too (amy.welch@Hotmail.com)
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

my hangover pills are not technically a hangover pill they are a Rx that i got for nausea(sp?) when i had the flu i didn't use them all and had a really bad hangover so i thought what the hell...they work awesome, but i only have one left and it expires in march good think we are booked for feb!

Thanks for the info. Shortly after I asked about the pills, I got them for my birthday from some friends. They made me a Jamaican survial kit. I started laughing because of this thread. How many bottles of sunscreen do you normally bring?

we bring lots of sunscreen (we like the coppertone spray on kind) 2 bottles of 50, 3 bottles of 30, and 2 bottles of 15(we kay out in the sun all day, so if you don't spend too much time in the sun you may not need as much), we also tan before we get there so we don't get fried and so our skin has a base tan. we start with the 50 at the beginning of our trip, but continue to use it on the tops of our feet and my husband uses it on the tops of his ears. last year we came back with one bottle of 30 and like a 1/4 bottle of 50. better to have too much than not enough!

Quote Originally Posted by DFWOKCWS View Post
    love the packing list... my favorite item on there was the "hangover pills"
    Really strange not sure why but hangovers are not so severe in JA, I don't know if it is because you are eating almost as much as drinking or what, but as drunk as we have been, we have never suffered too much there, ahhh one more reason to love JA!!!

I agree, hangovers are not the norm for me when in JA, but if you were biten by a RUM BUG try some Ginger Beer, or a real light Dark and Stormy (Dark Rum and Ginger Beer) or you could just ease into the day with some Rum Cream and some Blue Mountain Coffee, and then maybe a Dirty Bannana. Just remember to stay hydrated with some Red Stripe and you will be A-OK Mon...86 Days 'til Rum Cream All I Want

Default packing list

Quote Originally Posted by StarrandBrianinWI View Post
    here is our packing list
    I would love to see your packing list as we are going to CSA in Novembe, but I cannot open as I do not have excel. Would you mind posting in the actual message board?

Thanks!