Default GVS or OVS...what to do

ok I have to book our vaca for april monday and I am really torn, I would like to stay in a GVS due to the $ but I DO NOT want to get stuck in a horrible GVS wannabe GS. I want to be on the new side of the resort. So do I fork over the extra $ to be in an OVS or book the GVS and take my chances? Does anyone have pics of the new supposed GVS's that include the bathrooms? Thanks
    Erika & Sean

sorry i don't have a pic to share ,but from what i understand the Garden Suites bathrooms do not have a bathtub, i really wish they hadn't confused the rooms.

Randy

I agree with Randy...I REALLY don't like that they've GS and GVS are now the same room category. We have some decisions to make in the next two days...

I agree with both of you. Terrible decision. But, to answer your question, I would book a GVS and when you get there request to be on the newer side of the resort. Good luck.

Margi,
    That sounds good but if we don't get on the new side it will ruin my vacation..
    Erika & Sean

Quote Originally Posted by EinWI View Post
    Margi,
    That sounds good but if we don't get on the new side it will ruin my vacation..
    I understand and empathize with you. It is hard to not get what you want. Still, "ruin" is a pretty strong word and it sounds like you are setting yourself up for a fall. If I really felt like one variable could ruin my whole vacation, I'd probably choose to stay home.

We booked an OVS, I would never stay home.
    Erika & Sean

EinWI, I wonder if that is why they did it? People that want to make sure to get on the new side will have to upgrade to OVS to get the new side. Mmmm. It still doesn't make sense. I'm happy for you. When are you going?

It doesn't make sense at all, the thread about it has been removed because so many people were not happy about it. We are going in April again 23-30th.
    Erika & Sean

if you feel strong enough to post then logically it would make sense to pay the extra $$ and remove any worry or possibility of frustration.
    It si your vacvation why not minimize as much risk as you can .....

Book what makes you happy - really you can't go wrong with a room - even the formerly known Garden Suites are not bad especially with the soundproofing they've put in....We've stayed in the GVS rooms and never had a problem with road noise....If you really want something closer to the beach then the OVS are definitely nice. Please realize that wherever you stay at CSA you really will not have a bad room....You may not have the view of the ocean you're looking for, but the maid service is consistently good throughout the resort and with everything else included, I really wouldn't worry about ruining your vacay with a "bad" room...Just mho....I hope you enjoy your vacay - just think about it this way - a majority of Americans aren't able to afford to leave their homes for a vacation (hence the recently coined "staycation").....

Go,
    I have been to CSA before, this will be our 3rd trip....

We stayed in a GVS for the first night this year in April because OVS's were overbooked and the road noise was REALLY bad. We stayed in a BFVS for our honeymoon in 2007 and those were the best, but with the $ increases I don't feel like shellin' the $ out for those on a vacation so we went with the OVS again.
    Erika & Sean

We just got back from CSA, and we paid for a GVS, but were put in a Garden Suite. We complained when we got there, and they agreed to move us, but we said we wanted to see the other room before we switched. We walked over to the other side of the resort and looked at the GVS, and liked our current room WAY more. We liked the layout of the Garden Suite way more, and even though it didn't have a bathtub, we were really encouraged by the shower with the seat in it. (Very romantic!) We were a minute walk away from the Palms and none of the rooms are far from the beach. It was amazing - you'll love it!

Tawney,
    Even though we booked an OVS...do you hve pics of the room and the bathroom I could see?

Personally I like being on the new(er) side of the resort, it's near everything we do and like. WE don't eat much at the buffet so being on the side that is closest to the pool and patois is great for us. When we get there I am going to try and request a 1st floor corner room, we had one this year right by the Koi pond and it was sooo great to just walk on and off the verandah when leaving...no stairs
    Erika & Sean