Thread: CTI questions

Default CTI questions

My wife and I just booked CTI for Dec 18-25. We spent our honeymoon three years ago at CSA and loved it. We just had a few questions about CTI:
    1) What are the garden view rooms like, and where are they located? The only reviews we've ever seen have been by people who have some kind of ocean view room.

2) How and when should we ask about possibly being upgraded, or is there no chance since I'm assuming it will be full over the December break?

3) How strenuous is the Dunn's River hike?

4) Is there anything specific we should do during a day pass at CSS? Can you stay for dinner there with a day pass?

5) Anyone know if they rent out golf clubs at the course?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by canadacouple View Post
    My wife and I just booked CTI for Dec 18-25. We spent our honeymoon three years ago at CSA and loved it. We just had a few questions about CTI:
    1) What are the garden view rooms like, and where are they located? The only reviews we've ever seen have been by people who have some kind of ocean view room.I think they are in the Main Building and the next, so that would be Building 3 & 4. It should say on the website. We have friends who always book the garden views and love them.

2) How and when should we ask about possibly being upgraded, or is there no chance since I'm assuming it will be full over the December break? Book the room you want. If you are relying on upgrading it may or may not be available when you arrive. We go in July and they haven't been available.

3) How strenuous is the Dunn's River hike?Depends, there are two ways you go up. The first, of course is to climb up the waterfall with the water coming down around you. There are rocks to climb up and you are part of a "human chain" with a guide at the top and at the end. The 2nd way is to use the path that you go down and then follow it back up. It's paved and there are little stopping points where you can actually get into the pooled water without climbing the falls.

4) Is there anything specific we should do during a day pass at CSS? Enjoy it all. The grounds are beautiful and SSb is very nice if you like A/N. The mineral pool was very quiet.Can you stay for dinner there with a day pass? No the bus leaves for CTI at 4:00. But you can have lunch while you are there and visit the bars.

5) Anyone know if they rent out golf clubs at the course? Yes. The last time my hubby golfed he went with another guest from the resort. They went in together and rented a set. They had a very good time and he talking about golfing again next week when we go.

Thanks!
    Enjoy! Couples resorts are magical.
    Vicky

Hi Canadacouple,
    Our first experience with Couples was at CTI back in 2003 and our last trip was to CSA in 2008. We enjoyed CSA better than CTI but that's because we liked the long walks on the beach and along the paths through the grounds. You won't have that at CTI. CTI has more of a cozy hotel feel to it and some people like that better.
    Question 1: Go to the panoramic view on the CTI page. It looks like the Garden rooms are in building 3 which is the building where the lobby is located. These rooms were being upgraded when we were there and our room, which I thought was also a Garden room, was in building 5. It had a partial beach view if you leaned out off the balcony and looked to the right. The rooms were nice, but nothing "WOW" about them. This is Couples and as you know you don't go there for Italian marble in the bathrooms...lol.
    Question 2: I don't know how you made your reservations, but if you made them through this website then call/contact Couples directly to see about an upgrade. If you went through a travel agent like we do give them a call. If you booked online from God knows where...good luck. But maybe contacting Couples directly might get you some results.
    Question 3: Dunn's River Falls isn't a tough hike. My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and we thought she'd have a hard time but she didn't and loved the climb.
    Question 4: Never been to CSS so have no clue what to do there. Day passes do not allow you to stay for dinner.
    Question 5: Yes they rent golf clubs at the "S-resort" golf course (formerly Upton Golf Club). Our son in law played it last fall and rented. I played it back in 2003 but brought my own clubs in my light carry bag...I don't enjoy playing with rentals.
    PS: Don't forget to sign up online for the Romance Rewards program so you'll get your repeater's gifts and the invite to the repeater's dinner. Enjoy your time in Paradise! You should also pre-register just about a week before your stay so they are sure to have your gifts when you arrive.

The garden rooms look the same as the ocean rooms, just with a garden view which is the front of the resort. The resort is very small so the room isn't far from anything.

If you are going over Christmas Break, don't expect any empty rooms. You can ask for an upgrade at check-in, but don't expect it and you will probably have to pay for it unless you are a Passionate Level Romance Reward member.

Dunn's River isn't strenuous and they take it slow. It is like climbing stairs, but they take frequent breaks.

If you are doing the Trading places program, then you can not stay for dinner. The program is from 10am - 4pm. If you stay longer than 4pm you will need to pay for a day pass. There is only one restaurant at CSS that is not a reservation restaurant so I really don't think it would be worth it. And with the pass program you can't eat at any of the reservation restaurants.

Yes, they do rent clubs.

For your day trade at CSS, take the time to walk the entire grounds and see all there is to see. Take a dip in all the pools, a soak in all the hot tubs, and grab a drink at all of the bars. Remember there are bikes available for riding around the lake or property.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks everyone for the responses! I know it's a long way away, but we're both incredibly excited to go back to a Couples resort.