View Poll Results: Please bring Jheanel back to the pool bar at SSB!!!

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

29 90.63%
  • Disagree

3 9.38%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bring Jheanel back to SSB pool bar?

I created this poll to get a consensus from the "Couples Family" on their thoughts on the move of Jheanel Wilson from bartending at the SSB pool bar to making smoothies at the mineral pool at Couples Sans Souci. Let us know what you guys think.

My two cents:
    I would like to say that Jheanel has really made our trips special the last two years and we were really looking forward to seeing her beautiful smile again at the SSB pool bar when we return this weekend. If she is still working over at the mineral pool when we get there, we will have to make a special trip over to see her. It will be a shame if she isn't working on SSB since we don't spend time at the mineral pool. I believe that I speak for our whole group when I say, "PLEASE BRING JHEANEL BACK!"
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I agree with Jeffmon. SSB will not be the same if Jheanel is not there! We spent 9 days with her at SSB last November and she is one of the reasons why we booked again as early as we did because we had such a great time at SSB with her as bartender. We will be at SSB again in November (only 148 days but who is counting) and I too will be VERY disaapointed if Jheanel is not there. It just won't be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annarundel

We are going back to SSB in November and really hope that Jheanel is back by then. She is a wonderful young woman who really helped to make our trip special. She remembers each and every guest at SSB. If she is not at SSB we will definitely go and see her but it won't be the same if we don't see her beautiful smile every day!Please, please, please send Jheanel back to SSB!

YES PLEASE BRING JHEANEL BACK BEFORE COME HOME ON JULY 9th...

JHEANEL IS NUMBER 1!!!

WHEN ROGER LEFT JHEANEL TOOK OVER AND WE NEVER MISSED A BEAT.
    WITH ALL THAT SAID IF JHEANEL WAS PROMOTED, RECIEVED A PAY RAISE AND WAS PLACED IN A NEW POSITION WE WOULD UNDERSTAND HER BEING MOVED...
    SHE CERTAINLY IS DESERVING OF A BIG PAY RAISE...

We were at SSB the first week of June and she was one of the people we are looking forward to seeing again when we return. If she has been moved from SSB the experience will not be the same without her and her smile. Jheanel is one of San Souci's biggest assets.Jheanel we Love You.

Jheanel's sweet smile, warmth and sense of humor needs to be returned to SSB. Without her SSB will not be the same. I tried all the other bars @ CSS and she makes the best Mango Tango!!!

I agree with bigwillie, Jheanel deserves to be promoted and to receive a big pay raise. She is such a joy to be around. She was at SSB 3 of our 4 trips there and made each of those trips special. If SHE wants to be at the smoothie bar, then that's where I want her to be. Having said all that, though, I WILL MISS her at SSB when we return in November if she's not back over there.

what is SSB? I'm a newbie.

We will be there in a couple of days and I plan on visiting with her. I will let the board know what is going on as soon as I talk to her. I really do hope she got a big raise because she really deserves it! We would really like for her to come back over to SSB, but only if she wants to. It just wont be the same with out her.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

MOVE HER BACK, MOVE HER BACK...come guys say it with me...MOVE HER BACK!!!!

Just look at the Staff Shout Out thread. Count the Shouts that she gets... I'm just sayin...!

We'll be there on July 14th, and, I guess we'll just have to choke down a smoothie or two at the mineral bar before headin' over to SSB. Gotta have a little conversation with the nicest person at CSS.

Bilkat

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Cod Sue View Post
    what is SSB? I'm a newbie.
    SSB (Sunset Beach or Sunset Beach Bar) is the Au Natural Beach & Beach Bar @ Couples Sans Souci.

We were at CSS in early June we have to say Jheanel is fantastic. She really is an asset to SSB and CSS, as I'm sure she's a great asset to anywhere she's working. Bring her back to SSB & give her a pay raise.

While I don't disagree about Jheanel (she was there for our 08/2009 & 05/2010 trips & I really enjoyed our chats), other bartenders can be great too.

We were at Sans Souci in 12/2007 (for our 3rd visit) & Duane was our bartender. He had only been there for a few months, but he was really nice & very polite. We didn't spend too much time talking to him, but he still left us w/ a good impression.

Well.....fast forward to 08/2009 (almost 2 years later) to our next CSS visit. We were in the pool over at SSB & Duane happened to walk by, saw us in the pool & recognized us right away (I was stunned) !! He was, by then, working at the main Beach Bar. So, every night we'd stop by for a drink to say hi to Duane.

Fast forward again, to 05/2010 & back to CSS again. On our 1st day back, Duane saw my husband across the main lawn & went after him to say hi. This year he was working the bar in Palazzina for breakfast & lunch, and sometimes worked the Beach Bar at night too, so we saw him often.

Anyway, my (very long-winded) point is that while a certain employee can be great, their "replacement" can also be great, so hopefully whoever replaced Jheanel can fill the big shoes she left behind for him/her to fill !! I remember all the todo when Roger was gone, but then Jheanel came & everything was just fine again over there. So, maybe this transition will be just as smooth !!

Jackie

I agree with all of the above. Last year when we arrived, it was round 3:30 or so. We dropped our bags in our room and headed straight over to SSB to see her. Got greeted with a huge smile and a hug. She is one of the best. I also will say if this is a promotion for her - great, she deserves it, but if not, or it was not at her request, please bring her back to SSB.
    Linda

While I agree she is a great bartender (we met her on a trading places day from CTI recently), I am 99.9% certain there was a definite, valid reason she was moved to another position. I doubt any "begging" from the MB will get her moved back. I am betting she is happy to have her job no matter where on the CSS property she is.

Who is tending bar at SSB now that Jheanel is over at the mineral pool? We love both places, so it will be great to see her either way. Once, when my wife and I were at SSB, Jheanel was on vacation, and the week at SSB was covered by one of the nicest gentleman on the resort, Dave. He was just as awesome as Jheanel. Hey, when it comes to CSS and SSB, it's all good, no matter what. I was looking forward to seeing Jheanel in August, and the great thing is it sounds like we still can at the mineral pool....And, I bet we'll make a new great friend at the SSB bar...Any chance Dave is over there at SSB full time now?

Hey Jeff
    Let us know who is bartending at SSB. We may already know them... I pretty sure I remember Duane. He worked at one of the other bars.... He was outstanding...
    Jeff

Just like we have to deal with Damien moving from TI to the mainland bars and not seeing everyday like we did the first two years. Hopefully, they are being presented with growth opportunities.
    Vicky

yes, bring her back Jheanel is such a wonderful caring woman. She remembers each and every person and is always ready to make each person feel so welcome. Also she is a lover of m&m which we bring her bags of. Please make our stay all that it can be with her back to sunset beach.

I just got off the phone with a friend of ours who works at CSS. When asked about Jheanel I was told that she has been moved but it is not a promotion. Yes, Jheanel is glad to have a job but would love to be back at SSB. Hopefully she will return soon!

PLEASE bring Jheanel back to SSB !! I will be there in 7 days and she is the person I am most looking forward to spending time with !!! She is so very sweet and ALWAYS has the most beautiful smile on her face. I will definitely visit her wherever she is, but would really LOVE to have her back at SSB !!!

Hey Randymon - We all said "Please"

WE met Jheanel at SSB in 2008 when CTI was closed and again in2009 on Trading Places. Very Sweet girl, did a great job. For our first 5 years at CTI, Shawn was the bartenber on the Island, When Damien replaced him, we were sure it wouldn't be the same. Damien is great, as is Venque and most of the bartenders we have met there. Couples picks very carefully the people they sent to the AN beaches. Whoever is sent to SSB will have to be a good choice.JMHO.

I will find out tomorrow.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast