Default Can you go to the AN beach solo?

Well here's a question for you - if I can't talk my wife into going to the AN beach, can I still go over there by myself?

this is going to be a no in most cases. The only time I have seen this happen is when you are already known on the beach and the staff and those who are on the beach know that your other will eventually be there at some point during the day. Its ok for women to be there by themselves but not men. Its a little double standard but thats just the way it goes some times to make sure there is not someone who goes just to ogle.
    Shane and Cathy

guinnessguy

My personal feeling on this is SURE GO ahead and enjoy the beach. You paid for the vacation. You are most certainly entitled to use the facilities. There are NO signs that say you must be a couple to go to the nude beach and we have on various occasions encountered 1/2 of a couple enjoying and relaxing on the nude beach.

Now if that 1/2 happens to start flirting or trying to pick up a partner then problems begin. The key word is RESPECT. Your space is respected and so should the others.

If we are there at the same time pull up a lounge chair and relax.

While I completely agree with RDYJMJM, I have seen it happen both ways so I would not be surprised if you are asked where your other half is or something to the sort.
    Shane and Cathy

Why would anyone go on a couples vacation and then go to seperate beaches. I don't understand.
    last year we were at CSS and we had a single guy show up at SSB. I don't know how he got to be at the resort without a partner, but he was. On the second day the men in the group asked him to leave because he was making the ladies uncomfortable. He did leave with no problem. We saw him all week hanging around with another couple.
    Again why go without your wife and not be together?

Quote Originally Posted by weluv2bnude View Post
    Well - I guess the answer to that would be that firstly, not every one has a hidden agenda. Secondly, my wife will probably want to do a spa day. That's not my thing. So, the thought was to maybe go to the AN side while she was getting her spa on. Not that I want to go our seperate ways, but we will probably not be joined at the hip the whole time. I will hit the gym every day and my wife won't come within 100 yards of the gym. Once again - not in the same place at the same time yet still on a couples vacation. I have asked her over and over if she would go over there just once to say we did it, and she says "no". I surely don't want to be precieved as a creep or a peeping tom by even one person - so I'll just stay on the clothed side till I can talk her into it. Thanks for taking the time to reply, everyone! - chuck -

I go over to the nude beach every morning by myself. Scott goes diving and I head to the beach. After the dive he joins me and then after lunch he goes and dives again. I've never had a problem being there by myself or feeling left out. I think it is fine to head over there while your wife 'gets her spa on'. I wouldn't have a problem at all. Might even help your wife decide to go over the next day if you meet a few people that you hook up with that night and your wife can meet them. That's how we ended up on the beach. We met some great people that I wanted to spend time with and they were on the AN side, so I got the nerve up to go over there and haven't looked back. GO FOR IT!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Guinness guy: when is your scheduled arrival to CN? Maybe just have her look at the message board (especially the AN part) then maybe she will come around. Maybe she's not comfortable in her own skin. Lord knows I'm not. But hey...gonna try it anyways!
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

At CTI, the watersports staff will not take a man to Tower Island unless he is accompanied by his wife or girlfriend. At CN, however, it's much more difficult to police people coming and going, so I doubt you'll have a problem. We've been to CN 12 times, and although we don't spend all of our time on the a/n beach, we've never seen anyone asked to leave because he or she was alone.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

If you go by yourself I doubt anybody will much notice because in my experiences there is usually 1/2 a couple for up to several hours alone - either male or female. As long as you are not drawing attention to yourself I doubt highly anybody will say anything.

What I would like to encourage is having your wife try the AN hot tub - that way she can check out the AN area for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by airbell96 View Post
    Guinness guy: when is your scheduled arrival to CN?
    We will be there October 1-4. A short trip, I know, but it is all we can get away with having two small children and a business to run. She asked if they would let you just go topless - do you know the answer to that?<br> I can see by all the posts that I have stumbled onto a serious sub-culture here. You guys seem to really take your nudity seriously! I am impressed!
    - chuck -

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    At CTI, the watersports staff will not take a man to Tower Island unless he is accompanied by his wife or girlfriend. At CN, however, it's much more difficult to police people coming and going, so I doubt you'll have a problem. We've been to CN 12 times, and although we don't spend all of our time on the a/n beach, we've never seen anyone asked to leave because he or she was alone.
    Pamela,
    That is incorrect info about CTI. We just returned from CTI and a friend who's wife was doing the spa and not quite finished, went over with us. Hubby and I had been going back and forth as had he and his wife. No problem. He waffled on whether or not to go and when he did, he kept to himself until his wife came over, but they still let him on the island. As stated above though, he and his wife were known on the island by the staff and other guests. I have also gone solo while hubby golfed. But again, we were known on the island by the staff and the other guests.
    Vicky

juli

I bet it was a bunch of April Fools too!

I still have the lotion!

Quote Originally Posted by weluv2bnude View Post
    Why would anyone go on a couples vacation and then go to separate beaches. I don't understand.
    last year we were at CSS and we had a single guy show up at SSB. I don't know how he got to be at the resort without a partner, but he was. On the second day the men in the group asked him to leave because he was making the ladies uncomfortable. He did leave with no problem. We saw him all week hanging around with another couple.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
    [COLOR="Red"]The reason we go on a couples vacation and spit up is that my husband loves the AN beach and I prefer the pool. The AN beach is the reason we came to Couples in the first place and the reason we keep coming back. If the policy would change restricting solos, I don't think we would come back, or at least less frequently. With the dwindling amount of vacation dollars to go around, Couples Resorts is wise to keep the policy as is and to deal with any out of the ordinary situation as it arises with respect to solos. I'm surprised more people don't take issue with the number of topless women on the main beach. There seems to be more prolonged gawking of them than the quick glances on the AN side. Sure, I feel left out being the only solo at the pool, but my husband works long hours and really enjoys his vacation at Couples and the AN beach. We're celebrating our thirty year wedding anniversary at CN in December, so it's the least I can do for him. I used to join him there afternoons and go topless before they made it all nude. Anyway, the reason I don't join my husband is that I'm a melanoma survivor with only a small area of non-sun damaged skin, and want to keep it that way!
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Liz/David

It's you your vacation you paid for it.

Do the things that bring you your vacation pleasures.

You don't need to explain why you do or do not do something to anyone.

All you need to say is "You're on vacation!"

GuinnessGuy
    She asked if they would let you just go topless - do you know the answer to that?
    Once on the AN beach you must be AN. When we were at CN last year a woman left her bottoms on and was asked by the guard to remove them or leave the AN beach. Nude is Nude and Nude you must be to participate on the AN beach. Maybe your wife would be more comfortable in the ocean - that way her bottom could be covered by the water. She could disrobe them cover herself with a floatie on her way to the ocean. Just an idea? Here's another idea that might work - have her drink a few rum punch's with an extra shot of Appleton on top - that's what got me on the AN beach the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    I have to disagree with this comment, sorry. I was allowed to go over to the isle by myself while my wife was at the spa. However, it was probably our 4th day visiting the island and everyone knew us.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinandKaren View Post
    I have to disagree with this comment, sorry. I was allowed to go over to the isle by myself while my wife was at the spa. However, it was probably our 4th day visiting the island and everyone knew us.

I told Tiger not to bring you over alone, Kev. He wouldn't listen!

I concur.

Once the staff and other folks get to know you, there usually no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I told Tiger not to bring you over alone, Kev. He wouldn't listen!
    LOL Bruce! I had to bribe him with my Oakleys to bring me over. Nah, the watersports people get to know everyone just like the rest of the resort employees. I'm sure if they haven't seen you before with with your spouse going over there, they wouldn't take you over. I think they police CTI perfectly without prejudice.

LOL Bruce! I had to bribe him with my Oakleys to bring me over. Nah, the watersports people get to know everyone just like the rest of the resort employees. I'm sure if they haven't seen you before with with your spouse going over there, they wouldn't take you over. I think they police CTI perfectly without prejudice.
    Well said, Kev.