Default Leaving child for the first time.

My husband and I are trying to get in on the rates before July 1st for a trip next December but I am having a hard time committing. We have a 14 month old daughter and we haven't left her longer than one night and even then we were close. Will it be easier when she is 2 1/2? My parents would be watching her and I am not concerned about that because my mom watches her during the day while we work. How do I get past this and just book it? I just can't imagine being away from my baby for a week but I know my husband and I could use the time away alone. Any reassurance is appreciated!

I will be a CSA in 30 days. This will be our first trip away from our 3-1/2 year old twins. I am also nervous, but we really need to get away and reconnect. I know it will be hard, but if my husband and I don't get away we may not survive another 3-1/2 years. We have my mother in law watching them and although I am not always on board with the way she takes care of them I know she would never harm them. We just have different ways of doing things. That being said she will take care of them and they will be fine and we will be better mom and dad in the long run! Just do it. You need it and your daughter will be fine. It's ok for us parents to get away too!!! Hope this helps!

Just book it, to make sure you get in on the special rate. If anything changes from now till 45 days from your trip, cancel. My fiance had a 2yr old daughter when we started dating and our first trip was very hard for her (left with mom). After everything seemed OK, every trip after was easier to leave the kid at home. And with technology today, if you already have a laptop, invest in webcams for you and your mother, so you can communicate with them daily. You can see her and even blow your little one kisses =)

Book the trip....NOW!!!!!!!!!

My wife and I have been married almost 30 years. One of the reasons we have been so happy in our marriage is that we always made time for ourselves. If you have dependable folks to watch the kids make sure you go on YOUR vacation. You will not regret it in the long run. You might consider trying a short trip away in the next few months and see how that goes.

I think it is difficult no matter the age of the child. When we went for the first time I was distraught and my kiddos were 7 and 3. The entire first day I felt very meloncholy and was missing them but I was able to snap out of it and cut loose! Though it is hard to leave little ones, it is necessary to keep a marriage alive, and they will be fine. We are leaving in a week and a half for our second trip and this time I am much less apprehensive because I know they did just fine the last time, though I will miss them like crazy.

Book your vacation, you will enjoy your self. We leave tonight to drive to FL to drop our kids off with my dad and then off to Jamaica. Daughter is 9, we have been away from her longer than a week and we aren't to worried about her. However, we have a 16 month old that we haven't left more than 2 nights. I am worried for him, but he will have his "sissy" with him. Our son will definitely be missed. But, you do need to time away from the kids to rekindle your love with your significant other and to enjoy your selves without kids.

You need to have couples time. Especially with young kids. I have three kids and since the first was born my husband and I take a trip (sometimes just a long weekend) for our anniversary. It is our time to be just him and I again. It is such precious time. We went to Couple Swept Away for our 10 year anniversary for 6 nights two years ago and while I thought of our kids often, I never missed them because of how special this trip was for him and I. As long as you trust who you put in charge of your kids, let go and have some fun.

I understand completely. It's hard to leave your babies -- mine are 11 and 7 and I still miss them when they're off visiting family, going to camp,or when we take a trip for ourselves. It is very important for you and the hubby to have time together. And it's important for you to have time to reconnect with yourself as a woman and not just Mom. I suggest that if this is your first time away, start small -- maybe 3 or 4 nights. It might make it easier on you knowing that it's only a short time away. Good luck!

We just got back from a 8 night stay at CSS. I had a ruff first couple of days but after that, and a few good emails from home, I decided they were fine and I was going to enjoy myself. After that we had an amazing time. Mine are 4 and 2 1/2. I decided we needed this vacation for us and they were having a great time at home without us. I am telling you it will probably be hard the first day or two but you will snap out of it. I just had my family email at least once a day, that helped a ton. My best friend went and left her young kids at home, they did the skype thing. But I think it would have been harder on all of us if we talked so we just did the email.