Default Mixed drink question.

Is it true that when you order a mixed drink that they put cream or milk in it? Some one had mention it to us that they put it in all mixed drinks as a filler.

If the drink requires milk, they put it in, but it is for taste, not for filler. There are plenty of drinks without milk.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default drink

That is not true

Never had cream or milk in a mixed drink while at Couples. They do use RUM cream which is nothing at all like milk -

No worries!

Thank you for all of your imput, we had wrong information from someone that said they had gone to jamaica. Our mind is more at eased.

I am not sure I would like my Bloody Mary's or Ting & Grapefruit Juice, or Greyhounds with milk or cream. No they do not put milk or cream in every drink only drinks that require it and it's usually Rum Cream! mmmm good!
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by The Two D's View Post
    we had wrong information from someone that said they had gone to jamaica.
    I have heard that other resorts do water down their liquor and use fillers in their drinks, but NOT AT COUPLES!

You will have a great time in Jamaica and rest assured that you have definitely chosen the right resort!!!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Quote Originally Posted by The Two D's View Post
    Is it true that when you order a mixed drink that they put cream or milk in it? Some one had mention it to us that they put it in all mixed drinks as a filler.
    If you find a drink is not strong enough for you, you can always request a Rum Runner or having the bartender pour additional Rum down the straw. BUT be careful. You will be surprised at how quickly some of the drinks "hit" you when you are in the sun all day. Make sure to keep hydrated with water also to keep from feeling miserable on your trip--an I am not referring to hangover. There is nothing worse than suffering dehydration on a Tropical Vacation. Been there, done that and it was downright miserable.
    Vicky

There was another resort that we stayed at in Jamaica several years ago that did add milk to almost every single kind of drink you ordered ..... but it was not Couples. No worries about the drinks at Couples for sure.
    Julie

What Vickyj said is right on,, start your day with non-alcoholic drinks,and drink water or smoothies in between the "adult drinks".
    Enjoy your stay in heaven on earth..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

No milk unless the recipe cals for it. Like Vicky said "keep hydrated". I try to use the "1 water for every 2 alcoholic drinks" rule. But honestly I usually end up [s]saying[/s] slurring - the crushed ice in this Vodka Slushy will do the trick!!!

the bartenders do an excellent job of giving you the drink you want. You should have no worries!

Do they have bottled water to bring you in between the REAL drinks? lol I learned after my first trip to the caribbean to have water between drinks to prevent dehydration..it sure can be nasty, and it took me a while to figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    If the drink requires milk, they put it in, but it is for taste, not for filler. There are plenty of drinks without milk.
    soooo jealous Two weeks!!! You must be very, very excited. Have you been to either? I'm wondering about the transfer from negril to ss.... we split a week between tower isle and san souci and it was wonderful.... I'd love to hear from anyone concerning other transfers.