Default Helped booked wrong flight

Ok so I booked our flight wrong getting us to jamaica a day before our reservations at CSS, adding a day at CSS sounds great but we are at our vacation spending limit. Spending a day in Montego might be more cost effective, but worried about getting to CSS the following day. Details from those who have done it would be great please.

(800) couples
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016

well red--i sure wish i made mistakes like this ! There are a number of places close to MBJ that one can stay.....just think about how early you will be sitting on the beach at CSS that next morning !

Depends on what the time difference between your stay and your flight is. With enough warning Couples may be able to change your stay by one day if there's room in your category. I've done it before and they were most accommodating.

Red,
    On our last trip a couple said they flew in the day before and stayed at a hotel in MBJ. They then took a cab back to the airport in the morning and went to the couples lounge to be transported to the resort. We haven't done this so cannot speak from personal experience. The other couple said they do it all the time as they don't get in until late in the day and this allows them to unwind before heading to resort in the morning.

I would find out the cost to stay in Mobay and taxis to and from that hotel to the airport vs adding another night at CSS. Might not be that much different. (Taxis are a rip off in Jamaica) We had to add an extra night when we went to Couples Barbados because the airline changed our flights.

Carol and Dave.

Another opinion - by the time you book a Montego bay hotel, take a cab, pay for drinks and meals, cab back to the airport to catch your Couples transfer, it may be just as cheap to bite the bullet and stay the extra day at CSS. It sure would eliminate a lot of stress, packing, unpacking, and traveling. Just a thought. Let us know what you decide!

Beergirl
    Beergirl

www.kenandbrenda.shutterfly.com for my Couples videos

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    Red,
    On our last trip a couple said they flew in the day before and stayed at a hotel in MBJ. They then took a cab back to the airport in the morning and went to the couples lounge to be transported to the resort. We haven't done this so cannot speak from personal experience. The other couple said they do it all the time as they don't get in until late in the day and this allows them to unwind before heading to resort in the morning.
    That would have been us. I posted a reply yesterday but it was removed. That said, the experience was very pleasant. The cab ride each way should be about $15. You will of course be responsible for your own meals. We were back at the airport the next morning right after breakfast. You can't get back into the airport because you are not on an arriving flight, but security will contact the Couples Lounge and they will come get you. We were at the resort before noon and enjoyed almost the entire day there. The only thing you will miss is the quick visit to the Couples Lounge. We actually went to the lounge when we arrived the day before to let them know what was going on.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015

CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    Ok so I booked our flight wrong getting us to jamaica a day before our reservations at CSS, adding a day at CSS sounds great but we are at our vacation spending limit. Spending a day in Montego might be more cost effective, but worried about getting to CSS the following day. Details from those who have done it would be great please.
    There is a resort called Toby's in MBJ that is pretty resonable. Then you would need to go to the airport to the arrival section and see if one of the skycaps could let the Couples lounge know you are there and if they can let you in. Otherwise see if Couples has availability and what is the rate.

Thank-you all for your responses. After worlds best hubby accused me of doing it on purpose lol, he said we will just have to deal with one more day at CSS!!!

We have done this before. We just took a cab and they dropped us off at the arrival location. We went up to security and they went in and told couples we were there. A few minutes later a Couples representative came out to meet us. We also told couples ahead of time, that we were doing this. No problems at all.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to change your flight to the correct day than to pay for a night at a hotel, meals, cab fare, etc???

To change the flight would not of been much cheaper than a extra day a CSS. Plus extra money for an extra day we're ok with almost the same amount of money for flight change no thank you.

Not usually, Suzi. The extra Couple's night alone trumps the cost of MBJ by about 1-200 dollars, even if you stay at an AI in MoBay.