Hybrid View

Default Jamiaca in August?

Hi all,

Couples Negril sounds awesome but my husband and I cannot travel until the end of August. Has anyone been in late August? How is the weather? Does it rain a lot? Should I be concerned about hurricanes?

Thanks!
    Lisa

Just read the Daily Gleaner, Jamaican newspaper, and apparently it is hotter than usual and they expect this to be a very hot August.

We were there at the end of August two years ago and will back this year at the same time. The morings were sunny and hot and the afternoons cooled off after the daily (1:00ish)thunderstorm. Most people did their sunbathing/swimming at the beach in the morings, since afternoon temps were not as warm. But no complaints, the afternoons could be used for other activities and the pool always seemed to be busy.

We Love to go in August. Been there 4 time around the 22 of August...Yes it is HOT but that is what I like!

Last August temps in the low 90s F everyday with the occasional afternoon 30 min. shower. High humidity. Just perfect.

We were in Jamiaca once during Aug.. it was hot!! But a great time! We would go back in August again..
    -Otter,

We've always gone to Jamaica during the last 2 weeks of August. We'll be Jamaica for the 5th time on August 18-30. The weather is hot, but always a breeze, and fabulous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baybreeze View Post
    We've always gone to Jamaica during the last 2 weeks of August. We'll be Jamaica for the 5th time on August 18-30. The weather is hot, but always a breeze, and fabulous!!
    we'll be there the 29th-26th, getting married on the 22nd, maybe we'll see u there. its our 1st time

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CN in August. Will be there in 30 days.

We´ll be there too, 2 weeks from the 7th.
    My wife wanted it hot for our honeymoon, see what she says when we get off the plane (13hrs trip....).

Thomas

We´ll be there for 2 weeks, starting Aug 7th.
    My wife wanted it hot for our (belayed) honeymoon, see what she says when we get off the plane (13 hours trip...).

thomas

edit: double post, please delete....
    Last edited by GerCoup; July 20th, 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Only "bad" thing is hurricane season. We had to reschedule a trip to 2nd week in Sept a few years ago because of storm.

Hot and humid,just keep drinking

We were planned to go in August the year Hurricane Dean hit August. It hit the exact time we were supposed to go, so we were able to reschedule our trip for a later date at no extra cost. Just keep your eye on the NOAA website. We went the following year in April.

We are actually booked for August again this year (1 month to go..wooo..hooo) but if a hurricane is due to hit, we will just reschedule. When are you going? We'll be at CN Aug 15th-22nd.

so lizzie, did you reschedule?? i'm supposed to arrive aug 18, but i don't have cancel for any reason insurance, and there looks to be a hurricane on the way...what do i do?

Hi.

I´m checking regularly on the NHC website, all likes good so far.
    Hope, it´ll stay that way.

Thomas

Bellyblue22 ~ You are worrying WAY too much. Calm down and enjoy the anticipation of your trip. Everything will work out fine.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We were also there two years ago in late August. As a matter of fact, we almost had to reschedule because of Dean. But it picked up speed and we flew in two days after it hit. The water was rougher than normal and the starfish were still in hiding. But the grounds people did a wonderful job of cleaning up the beach. You could barely tell a hurricane had just hit.
    Yes, it rains just about every day in the afternoon. Which is pretty much welcomed to cool things off for a bit because it is hot.
    We had such a lovely time that here we are two years later and going at the same time. We will be at CSA Aug 25th through Sept 1st. Less than a week to go!!