Default Couples Swept Away Info

Hi all-
    Looks like so many return visitors to this particular resort. That's always a good sign.
    Just a few questions....
    We opted for an Atrium Suite. I really kind of liked the idea of the open air concept, if you wanted it. However, I need to be cool at night, so much so, I'm bringing a fan, does anyone have an input on how cool the room will be with AC? I like to be around 70 when I sleep.
    Also, I have wondered if the upstairs Atrium would be more private and a better bet than downstairs, as far as breeze? Or if downstairs is just a the same? Any room numbers that I could possibly request that would have beach views and are still Atrium? I understand you can't request in advance, but when I get there if it is available, why not ask?
    Also, can you ask to pre-stock your mini bar with the things that you know you would prefer?
    Thanks in advance for your help! I can't wait to go and spend time with my love! Privately honeymooning! June 27th - July 4th 2015

Leave the fan at home. The room has good A/C, and a ceiling fan with, as I recall, 3 speed settings above the bed. I like it cool and last year on the first night, I actually had to turn the AC thermostat UP.
    Neither 1st or 2nd floor has an advantage in terms of breeze that I've ever noticed. The second floor rooms have a vaulted ceiling, which makes the room feel more spacious.

We like 2217...had it 2 straight years in fact. You can kinda sorta get a little sliver of a peek at the ocean. I've heard a few people mention that there are a couple of rooms among the atriums that offer a bit of a sea view, so hopefully someone who's had one will see your post and share their secret. Good luck.

You'll love it at CSA!

We always stay in the Atrium Suites, turning down free "upgrades" to do so. Just love the ambiance of the room.
    You won't need a fan. The room gets PLENTY cold enough with the AC on.
    We've stayed on the 1st and 2nd floors - both have advantages. With a first floor you can come and go through the verandah door and save a few steps back and forth to the beach. The 2nd floors have better views, and the verandahs are more private.
    I can never remember the room numbers we stay in, but I can tell you it was just 72 steps from my back door to the beach bar.

We have stayed in 2217 and there was no ocean in sight, if anything it was more towards the back of the resort. This room looked out onto where they hold the garden weddings. I know that there are some atrium rooms that are closer to the water than others potentially providing an ocean view. You can try to find a map of the resort and then get an idea of where the ocean view atrium suites might be.

Thanks so much for the info! That's great to know. We are so excited we can hardly stand it.

Thanks everyone! We are so excited. I have been to Negril about 5 years ago, but stayed at CC. Looks like this resort is very close, but I never walked down the beach that way. I became a magnet to my spot on the beach. The rooms at CC were open concept like the Atrium's and I loved the feel of them. I searched for 56 straight hours for our honeymoon spot. We didn't find one bad review about this resort on any site, and that was what got me!

BeachBum Baby,
    We just returned from 10 nights in an Atrium Suite room 1233. There were 4 couples on this trip and another one of our group stayed next door in room 1232.
    These are considered in the Atrium Room category but they have an awesome view of the beach. You will pay a price for that view though. Both of these rooms overlook the main pool that is right in front of the Palms Restaurant. It really has a tremendous view but you will hear the morning set up for the breakfast buffet beginning at about 6:00 EVERYDAY!! We stay up late so the shows going on at the Plams didn't bother us. What did bother us was the power washing of the pool deck every other day for hours at a time. There were pros and cons, we loved the view, the morning noise was a bit much.
    As far as the room being cool, no worries, shut the shutters, turn on the cieling fan, drop the thermostat and you will be looking for extra blankets
    Enjoy your stay

Atrium 2227 has a nice view of the ocean.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016

Quote Originally Posted by blueseagolf View Post
    BeachBum Baby,
    We just returned from 10 nights in an Atrium Suite room 1233. There were 4 couples on this trip and another one of our group stayed next door in room 1232.
    These are considered in the Atrium Room category but they have an awesome view of the beach. You will pay a price for that view though. Both of these rooms overlook the main pool that is right in front of the Palms Restaurant. It really has a tremendous view but you will hear the morning set up for the breakfast buffet beginning at about 6:00 EVERYDAY!! We stay up late so the shows going on at the Plams didn't bother us. What did bother us was the power washing of the pool deck every other day for hours at a time. There were pros and cons, we loved the view, the morning noise was a bit much.
    As far as the room being cool, no worries, shut the shutters, turn on the cieling fan, drop the thermostat and you will be looking for extra blankets
    Enjoy your stay
    Thank you very much for the info. I hope your stay was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Atrium 2227 has a nice view of the ocean.
    Thanks for the room number. I've been trying to find a map that I can see room numbers on and I've been unsuccessful, so I appreciate the tip!

Thanks for the great insight and room numbers. We really appreciate it!

We are traveling to CSA in October 2015 for our honeymoon. We opted for a Beachfront Suite and have requested a second floor room. Reading some posts here about concern for privacy in the Beachfront suite rooms. If we end up with a first floor room, is privacy enough of a concern that we should consider a different room? We were torn between the Atrium suite and the Beachfront suite but decided that we would like to wake up to see the Caribbean, so we picked the Beachfront option. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Ashbud, go beachfront suite, best room at csa behind the premiers!

We were at CSA last fall. It was awesome. we got upgraded to a Beachfront Veranda suite and were very happy. We got a ground floor room, room 3123 in building 43. At first we thought there would be a lot of foot traffic, but it worked out that there wasn't. Although I didn't feel OK enough to sleep with the door open all night. But the bonus was we were literally right off the water, and the view was awesome (see below.) And no stairs!

Name:  DSCN1120.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  327.7 KB
    Last edited by Ragtop63; June 29th, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

Here is a map with building / room numbers. You get this map when checking in. Not sure why they don't have this one on the website.

Name:  img007.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  251.6 KB