Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The No Palapas, No weather, No What To Pack, No whining...What I Love the Most Thread

Thought this was long overdue! Let's have a thread where we don't mention palapa hoarding, if it will rain in hurricane season, how many pairs of non-denim shorts to pack, can I bring my 20 ounce bottle of lotion on the plane...etc.... We just discuss what we LOVE about Couples! And yes, I realized I've just mentioned all of those things, but that's the end of it

My 7th trip will be in December, hubby is over 30 trips so it's safe to say we are Couples lovers...primarily CSA, where we go twice a year.

My loves: sunrise and the tranquility at 6:00am. Seeing Jimmy and his new jewelry, and talking to him. Colinette at the Spa. Elvis, of course. The peaceful sound of the tree frogs at night. The hammock in our atrium suite. Rosetta's smile at the Palms. Seeing Barry, Pam, Glenn, Gwen and others we met on prior trips. Meat patties! Jerk chicken! Soft ice cream...I could go on and on.

What are a few of YOUR favorite things?

My two most favorite things at Couples are:
    1) Spending quality time with the most important person in my life!
    2) Total relaxation that comes with "No Worries"

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Lovely thread. We love watching the sunset with a cocktail in hand from the balcony of our BFVS at CSA. There are very few resorts that get you that close to the beach without spending a small fortune. We also like to drink coffee on our balcony in the morning and watch the resort come alive while munching fresh fruit from our continental breakfast room service. And we always talk about how much we love sitting at the Patois bar before dinner - we love the open air bar. But we also love the martini bar, how fun! Bob loves the jogging track at the fitness center. I love the buddha pool in the spa. We also enjoy seeing our friends Karen and Fred and Cindy and Todge. Hmmm, there's a lot of drinking in this response, isn't there???

Calamari, rum floaters and feeling like you really left it all behind.

I love sitting under the palm trees on the beach. Gazing at the amazing blue waters with my drink. Being pampered at the resort. 49 more days to CSA. Cannot come fast enough.

ya mon, here here, enough said, been 39 times and it is home to us, walking the beach, talking to the staff as a member of our family instead of just an employee, and the beach vendors who are our friends, they are to make a living just like us, enjoy all of the restaurants and tell all of the staff how much we appreciate them, do you know where they live, know their childrens names and what grade they are in? how about the house keeping staff and all of the gardeners, yes enjoy your vacation but take a minute to know your family, you will feel better once you know

Spiderman was kinda fun...lol
    Walking Bloody Bay... 7 mile beach.
    Woodcarving.
    Cooking Jamaican.
    Awesome staff.
    Cat cruise and meeting Justin Beiber! [well, kinda!]

There may be more!

One Love

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Great thread, Suzi!

Why I love traveling to Jamaica and Couples Resorts..
    1) The people are so nice; "no problem" and "respect mon" are common phrases.
    2) Premium locations, beautiful beaches, pools and gardens AT EVERY RESORT.
    3) Gourmet meals and premium liquor drinks!
    4) Care-free vacation!... Included airport transfers! No tipping Couples employees! & No screaming kids!
    5) It's a great value, because I cannot find another resort ANYWHERE that has all the same inclusions (for couples only) for the same price.

CN 2009
    CSS 2013
    CN 2014
    CTI maybe 2015
    CSS 2016
    CSA someday!

Ulti's singalong in the Aura!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Here you go..... in no particular order
    Drinking mimosa's with banana bread on the porch in the morning, walking on the softly lit sidewalks at night on our way to dinner, reading in the hammock,
    staring at the beautiful turquoise colored sea for hours, listening to the waves and tree frogs, calaloo and smoked marlin omelettes, jerk chicken, rum cream, spending uninterrupted time with my husband, and the realization that we are incredibly fortunate to experience such a perfect place.
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles with warm woolen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings
    These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
    Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
    When I'm feeling sad
    I simply remember my favorite things
    And then I don't feel so bad

CSS-sitting at Bella Vista, watching the waves lap over the beach. The breeze off of the water. enhanced by candle light, having a wonderful casual but most delicious dinner with my husband and sometimes friends, served by the best staff at any resort, hands down.

There is something magical that happens the moment you step into the lobby at CN and look across the lobby to the pool and then the ocean. All cares and stress completely melt away and you are prepared to be completely relaxed and pampered for the week. That's my first 'love' of the week at Couples. Otherwise, in no particular order I enjoy laying on a floatie in the incredibly calm bay and gently float from one end of the swimming area to the other without a care in the world. I enjoy the walks down the beach and seeing all the different vendors and their wares and watching my husband haggle over his purchase. I love the tree frogs at night. The first night I am there when I hear the tree frogs, I know I am home.

Those are some of mine. I get to experience all of that in 9 short days!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We can't go until 2016 unless we come into some $$$ but it will be #7 to CSA. My favorite parts are pulling into that driveway and checking in to begin with. The smiling faces(mostly) . The great food and drink,the gorgeous grounds, having breakfast on our veranda, the watersports,cat cruise, and the biggest reason is the world class beach.
    I almost forgot the stunning sunsets!
    Last edited by softail19; August 22nd, 2014 at 06:45 PM.

I SOOOOOO agree with you! November will be our third trip to SA with four and five on the Love Away plan. We love making baskets, snorkeling,
    Catamaran cruise craziness with Wayne, Vera, Joseph, and Brandon, eating breakfast in a swim suit and coverup, morning swims after breakfast,
    wine, whiskey and cigars on our verandah, talking to the local vendors when they are on the resort, quiet late night walks on the paths through
    the resort, and soooooo much more. Let's not forget the big one........being away from all the craziness at home and electronics. Put down those
    cell phone, reconnect, talk, stare at each other, hold hands and remember why you love the one you are with!!

Ya Mon
    CSA 2012, 2013

Walking through the Lobby, and getting that first glimpse of the Sea. My first deep breath, knowing We are about to totally relax and have a great week. Second of course is going the Seagrapes because our room isn't ready yet, grabbing a Red Stripe from the tap, and ordering a couple of fish tacos. Oh, then I gotta go to the dive hut and book. And of course, that first walk into the water!!! It's good to be back!!!!!

LOVE IT. ..... Thank you suzi. So tired of reading about what's wrong . We go back for all that is right. 10 trips and counting. Next journey home to CSS September 19th. I think our initial draw to CSS was the size of the resort. We had been to large box resorts in Mexico, punta Cana , and Jamaica. We hated feeling like cattle herded into restaurants during meal times. At couples you are treated like individuals. Where employees not only remember your names but engage in conversation and take time to get to know you. We also LOVE the grounds of CSS. The peace, the serenity , the beauty of the tropics. But our biggest reason for going back year after year is sunset beach. The perfect combination of sand, pool, ocean, bar,food all while being au natural. We love it!!!

What I love the most about Couples...

The CTI morning dives, laying on the beach reading a book and not having a phone ring or an ability to work. Jamaican lobster fresh off the grill. Spicy and flavorful Jerk chicken from the beach/pool grill.

Most of all having a romantic beach (no kids, no singles, no worries), to share with my beautiful wife playing catch up, laying on the lounge chairs, throwing a ball, and just being alone with each other.

Mark + Sylvia
    July 9-19 can't come fast enough again
    Mark & Sylvia

Other then everything you just listed I love not having to take care of anything. Our only goal is making it to breakfast then just letting the day happen.

I love stepping off the plane in MBJ and the smell the airport has instantly makes me smile and all stress melts away(yes, I realize the smell might be mold/mildew, but I LOVE IT)... I love seeing Clovis at TimAir, I love vodka and ting, the first sunset on arrival day, how cool the sheets in the bed feel at night, shrimp and beef pad thai and Taylor @ Lychee, lamb chops @Otaheite, the chicken wings @ the beach grill, the warm beautiful ocean water on my skin, the Silver Birds............ and the people! Jamaicans are so wonderful as are their accents!!!
    I love spending time with my hubby and I love that it is the end of August and Dec 19th is not so far away
    Awesome thread choice Suzi!
    Last edited by newtnugget; August 22nd, 2014 at 12:52 PM.

Another of my favorite things....

Seven.... Mile.... Beach!!!!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Great thread ! I luv the first sight of the Lounge at MBJ, spending an uninterupted week with hottie that fell for my "schtick"- hanging with great friends that without Couples , we would never have met- and the fact , that one of the most important questions of the day is , "is it too early to have my first drink ?" Celebrating our 27th anniv and 4th trip in 1 week ! mike

Of everything that's been mentioned, the one thing that sets Couples apart from every other vacation I've ever taken is the magical power of Sand Gravity. The way it pulls, ever so gently at your body and mind, urging you down, washing your cares away, and holding you like a mother's arms until you drift off in a sea of random thoughts. Sure, I've been on beaches at other resorts and hotels, but those beaches just don't have the gift, the depth, or the calmness that flows from the Couples vibe.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

A Spot that is Special for my Husband and I to create the best memories!
    The Beach
    The People
    The Beach
    Couples ONLY
    The Beach
    No Kids
    The Beach
    The Food
    The Beach
    The Hummingbirds (drinks)
    The Beach
    The Sunsets
    The Beach
    The Atrium Rooms & Hammocks
    The Beach

Swept Away Nov/Dec 08'
    Swept Away Jun 10'
    Swept Away Oct 11'
    Swept Away Jun 15'
    (Long time coming after vacationing in 8 other countries...it's time to return home)!

In no particular order but as jumbled as my brain:

Seeing the island out of that little window of the plane for the first time and then the touchdown, I'm home.
    Walking through the terminal on the way to immigrations and Customs and the excitement building for the first contact with the Jamaican people.
    The Couples Lounge and that first Red Stripe, also the Red Hatters, I love those guys and talking to them.
    The ride, sometimes we have Mario Andretti driving and sometimes it's driving Miss Daisy.
    Pulling into the drive way and just knowing that big smile and first Welcome home is just moments away.
    At CN, the view from the Hotel Lobby, I never get tired of that and go back every day while there.
    At Swept Away, the first glimpse of the luscious grounds and the walk to the room.
    Sand Gravity and the shady spot under a palm tree.
    The reconnecting with my wife and the giggling like a couple of teenagers on their first date while holding hands and enjoying every thing we see.
    The Ocean view at any time. The sunsets and the first litany of the tree frogs.
    The food at any of the eating places and interacting with the wait staff, always trying to make them laugh and a part of our trip, for any meal.
    The beach vendors song of selling and the interesting things they can tell you.
    The beach musicians. Love them, some a little more then others, but they are all a blast. Tipping is allowed here and well deserved.
    The staff of the resort, although they may not all be having a great day, they treat you with respect and deserve so much more from us.
    The fact God had to be looking at Jamaica when he said, well done and rested.
    The spontaneous reactions of guests and staff when you greet them with a smile and a greeting.
    The drinks, all of them alcohol or non-alcohol. But for me especially rum cream on the beach and Vodka and Ting in the room.
    The toast to old friends who no longer can be with us and the pleasant memories they bring back.
    The eviction notice for I know we have to go home and it serves as a reminder that in order to experience this all again we have to leave.
    The final few hours, for then we seem to really take it all in and store it in our hearts.

Peace, Love and Respect Mon! Soon Come!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast