Thread: Cn 6-23-10

Hybrid View

Default Cn 6-23-10

Hello everyone! We just returned from CN on Sunday. Our wedding was in CN on the beach 6/23. We chose the 10:00 time slot and we were really glad we did! We no sooner finished shooting the photos and it started POURING about a half hour later. Tis the season, I suppose! Two weddings in the afternoon had to be moved up to the terrace since it was still raining...but they were beautiful just the same!

I can't say enough great things about Couples Negril, Kanisha the CN wedding coordinator and the resort photographer! Obviously they do weddings all day, every day! They've got it down pat!

I am attaching a few wedding pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

I watched you get married from my chaise lounge. Best wishes to you!

beautiful pictures thanks for sharing

LOVE your dress! Congrats to you both!!!!!

peace & LOVE
    Jamie and Craig

thanks so much for sharing. We are pretty sure we are going to book this resort for our wedding. any tips or any other information would be awesome. We want to do the sunset wedding? How many guest did you have? did you dine at their restaurants with your guests? Or pay extra for a band etc. Thanks for your help.

Hi Sharlie,
    I know everyone says to relax and not worry...but relax and don't worry! The wedding coordinator, Kenisha is WONDERFUL and it will be an amazing experience!!
    We got married at CN at 10:00AM. I was told that the chance of rain is less in the morning and also the sky is such a beautiful color of blue, as is the water, which turned out to be true! I've seen pictures of the sunset weddings and they are also beautiful. I read on someone's post that she stayed in her dress after her sunset wedding and they had dinner, which would be a great idea! Instead, we booked "dinner on the beach". This is an extra charge but well worth it! The food was amazing and the service (shout out to Charles ) was incredible! Such great memories!
    We had 2 guests at the wedding. They were helpful in that they took video with our Flip camera. This turned out to be a great idea. We showed the video at our reception when we returned home and also made copies to give to our parents...who were THRILLED! One of our guests took video while the other one took pictures.

I had my hair and makeup done at the salon. I had heard that they do a really good job. My hair gets really curly in the tropical climate and I was concerned about not being able to do it myself and make it look good and I'm so glad I had them do it! Believe me, they can do pretty much anything and it will stay...for DAYS if you want it to! The only thing that I wish I had done was take a picture of what I wanted. I told her to do an "updo" but I really didn't know specifically what I wanted. It turned out fine, but I wish I had been a little more specific.
    That's pretty much all I can think of. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask or email me at leslie.wallace708@gmail.com

thank so you so much for the information that was very helpful. I keep your email address, and when I get closer to planning I am sure I will have more questions. Thanks so much! =)

Okay I have a few questions for you now. =)

We really want to have night time party.

What restaurant would you recommend at the resort for a group of 20?

What night would you recoommend getting married for the entertainment? We really like to dance to hip hop at home but I realize they might not have that style of music but we want to a party atomosphere.

Thanks for your advice.

Hey Sharlie,
    I would recommend The Cassava Terrace restaurant if you are wanting a place for a large group with a party atmosphere. The food is excellent and they have entertainment every night. They encourage the guests to participate and get up on the dance floor. We enjoyed the Friday night show the most though.

The week we were there it was a bit rainy in the afternoons(the week before Hurricane Alex)and also a couple of the evenings, so some activities were rained out. Our scheduled Dinner on the Beach had to be rescheduled from Wed. to Thurs due to rain. Also the Friday evening Chocolate Sunset was moved from the Boardwalk up to the Piano Bar due to a last minute down pour!
    Thursday night they had Beach Night with a bonfire, etc. That was fun! Lobster Night started every Friday night July 1st, so you might want to check that out too.

We only had 2 other people with us, so there really wasn't any planning ahead required.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help!

Leslie