Thread: How early....?

Default How early....?

This may be a ridiculous question...but how early can you be served alcohol? Is 9am too early to swim up to the pool bar?

I believe the bars at CSA open at 10:00.

The bars at CTI typically open at 10:00 also. Suites have minibars so I guess you could serve yourself at 6:00 a.m. if you were in a suite. Also, we have been in the piano bar still drinking at 2:00 or 3o in the morning....which discourageous being up at 9:00 a.m. to start again....if you know what I mean.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

There is vodka and all the other goodies needed to make you own Bloody Mary's, as well as Bubbly for Memosa's at all the Buffet's at all the resort's every morning. I make one everyorning .

I believe all the resorts begin serving alcohol at 10. It's not a silly quesiton at all. Last year we convinced someone to leave the beer fridge on Tower Isle unlocked at night so we could serve ourselves at 9 when we got there.

While the bars don't open until 10:00 you can get Champagne (sparkling white wine) & Vodka at the buffet at CTI for Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's. You just serve yourself. I loved the Champagne with the Cherry juice while we were there last week.
    Vicky

As noted, the bar opens at 10a. However, you can make mimosas and Bloody Marys as early as 7a (IIRC) at the buffet.

I believe the pool bars open at 10am. But the breakfast buffets usually have the "fixins" set up for Mimosas & Bloody Marys
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 13
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

The Pool Bar and Beachgrill Bar open at 10AM at CN.
    At breakfast (full breakfast starting at 7:30) they set out items for mimosas, screwdrivers, and bloody marys (i.e. they have vodka and champagne out).

IIRC, at CSA they had the fixings for mimosas and bloody marys (i.e., vodka and "sparkling wine") at one of the restaurants for breakfast. But, as noted elsewhere, most bars don't open until about 10 (grab a flag and sit on the beach and wait for the bar to open!!!)

I can't speak for CTI - do they have a breakfast alcohol setup there as well?

You can get Mimosa's and Bloody's at a self serve station at the breakfast buffet.

I remember at CSA that you can mix your own Mimosa at the Palms when it opens at around 8am. Or you can hit the mini-bar in the room too. Who needs to wait till the bars open? Life is good in Paradise!

Okay, do NOT be teasing me...bloody mary's on the buffet at breakfast every morning at CSS?? Somebody repeat that! I love them but never dreamed of having them in Jamaica for some reason! Might even make me get up early enough for breakfast!

And of course, all the rooms have mini bars...so you could just serve yourself when you first get up

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    This may be a ridiculous question...but how early can you be served alcohol? Is 9am too early to swim up to the pool bar?
    We usually wait until one of the bartenders makes a big tray of the daily specials and then walks the beach to hand them out. I never turn that down.

Would like to see a bottle of champagne out in the morning so you could start off with a nice mimosa.

Heh, I guess I need to go to the palms sometime. We have spent 22 days at CSA and I have yet to go to palms for breakfast. 22/22 at patois.

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    And of course, all the rooms have mini bars...so you could just serve yourself when you first get up
    I think I saw on the activities schedule there is an 12 step meeting on Thursdays life is about balance

All of the rooms at CN have a mini bar so you can have a drink anytime...also, there is a self-serve beach bar with a soda fountain and liquor that is available all the time as well...vodka and Ting is a refreshing way to start the day!!

Do all the rooms at CTI have mini bars or just the suites?

yep fully stocked mini-bars in all rooms at CSS, and bloody mary's and mimosas at breakfast...life is indeed good at CSS! less than two months til we are home again!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by calgontakemeaway View Post
    yep fully stocked mini-bars in all rooms at CSS, and bloody mary's and mimosas at breakfast...life is indeed good at CSS! less than two months til we are home again!
    Whoot! How could I have done my research and not known!! Calgon, I think I'll change my username to BloodyMaryTakeMeAway! CSS is 3 months and 7 days away!

Quote Originally Posted by LBMV View Post
    Okay, do NOT be teasing me...bloody mary's on the buffet at breakfast every morning at CSS?? Somebody repeat that! I love them but never dreamed of having them in Jamaica for some reason! Might even make me get up early enough for breakfast!
    You normally wouldn't think about having Bloody Mary's in Jamaica, HOWEVER, I like them as a relief from all the very sweet drinks I also enjoy. Ting and Vodka is also a great refresher. Ting is a grapefruit soda.
    Vicky