Thread: CTI--Live

Default CTI--Live

You know you are home when you are greeted with warm hugs and champagne from Byron.

It is a bit cloudy, but no worries. For those that are worried about all the algae on the beach. We are not seeing any. The beach does look a bit narrower in the previous years, but still plenty of chairs to lounge on and plenty of space.

Gotta go!
    Vicky

Thank you so much for the updates. My wife and I will see you on the 10th if your still there. Keep them coming if you can.
    Mark & Sylvia

2nd day was beautiful. A brief rain shower but nothing to get upset about. We just shoved our bags under our chairs and stayed in the pool. It was funny though to see people get out of the pool and get under "cover" when it rains. Oh well. The place is very busy. We have heard 80+%. But still empty chairs are seen. Well time to head out!
    Vicky

thanks so much..we arrive in 30 days and was worried about the beach

Yay...thanks for the update!

Enjoy your vacation

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the algea is GONE! Have fun!

Another beautiful day in paradise! The water is calm, green flag is flying as it was yesterday. At 8:00 the beach is clear of any seaweed that may have washed up over night. Bright smiles are everywhere. Time breakfast!
    Vicky

Thanks for the update, especially on the algae - was getting a bit worried as we are getting closer!

Glad to hear things are great at CTI. We will be there in 2 weeks. How is the size of the beach? You mentioned it seemed a bit narrower than usual.

I miss you on Family Feud, Vicki. HA! Enjoy your time back at "home." Please give big hugs to everyone! Kirk, Byron, Evavold, Eddie at the piano, Chris, Adrienne, DAMION, Sheldon, Maxine, etc, etc...

Please say "hello" to Kimoni, Antoinette, Byron, and Kirk for us...or just give them a hug.

Have you heard any stories about what happened with the horsebackriding excursion?

Wow! sounds awesome can't wait to return home in february 2011. Please tell Sean and Devian hi and that we miss them. they both work in the buffet dining room. Hav a GREAT time!

The beach is fine, lots of swimmers/floaters everyday. Still empty chairs. Another green flag day today. Headed over to CSS for the Trading Spaces but came back early. Dinner at 8 Rivers and the Steel Drum band is playing now. We had a down pour this evening, but before it came in, there was a beautiful rainbow.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by gdstravel View Post
    Have you heard any stories about what happened with the horsebackriding excursion?
    Yes, we have heard stories, but as we weren't there, they are just that stories. No first hand experience other than they called to let us know we wouldn't be going as we had reserved for this morning. No problem, plenty of other things to do.
    Vicky

Vicky! we were there together!!! the Steel Drum was awesome!!!
    <3 Cti <3

Azcoo,

I guess we didn't get a chance to meet. So sorry about that.

We had a great time, as usual and I do have photos to post.Maybe someone who is there now will pick up this thread and continue to post.
    Vicky

We were there during the same time! The horseback riding excursion "incident" did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by crmelton View Post
    We were there during the same time! The horseback riding excursion "incident" did happen.
    Please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't saying it "didn't" happen, I am just not willing to repeat a story that I only heard 3rd hand. I was not on the excursion, nor did I speak to anyone that was on the excursion. My info was someone, who talked to someone. So I did not want to give out misinformation. The ONLY information I had first hand was that our horseback riding excursion for the Thursday morning was canceled.
    Vicky

If you look at tripadvisor.com the woman who was involved in this incident shares what happened. Scary!

its pretty sad that 1 bad incident ruins it for that person and then they try to ruin for everyone else. it really saddens me this couple is from Nebraska as am I, I would hope us Nebraskans had a little more commen sense than that.
    The first time we were at CTI a guy got mugged at Jimmy Buffets place but I would never say anything bad or Couples or any of their employees.
    The thing that bothers me the most is that you could get robbed, mugged, anything...anywhere in the U.S.
    anyway, nothing like that would ever stop me from going to my home away from home and make me miss my week in paradise!!!
    42 days........

Fortunately, no one was hurt and Gary Stephens (what happened to be at the resort while we were there and maybe that's why) has addressed the situation on Tripadvisor. I still went off resort on Friday with Alford for the Power Walk. Was I more "alert"? Sure, not a problem though and look forward to returning to "our home away from home" next July. Really--a refund for your trip???
    Vicky