Default Bob Marley shots?

I have seen lots of photos of the Bob Marley shots on here and just wondered what was in them? They look really cool and I cant wait to try one.

Crime de menthe, grenadine, banana liquor, and 151.
    Erika & Sean

They do look cool but my wife and I didnt like them. ALot of poeple do but we didnt.

Lots of alcohol!

Unfortunately I don't know exactly whats in it but I do recall it being pretty pepperminty. They were lighting them and calling them Flaming Bob Marley's. You have to try one for sure. ;-)

Granadine syrup... with some creme de menthe floated on it... with some Galiano floated on that. Topped off with a "finish" of overproof rum. So here's the challenge.

Now that you have your Bob Marley ready to go, do you drink it from the bottom up (that is to say, through a straw)... or do you man up and slam it?

Caution! Not for the timid or if you get light headed easily! This is NOT an endorsement of alcoholic consumption! Its only a suggested serving suggestion!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

grenadine,grande marnier,creme de menthe and overproof rum!
    Last edited by lozzilou; July 6th, 2010 at 07:35 PM.

The bartenders tended to keep the ingredients on the down low, however the recipe on-line calls for grenadine, creme de menth, and rum. Interesting little drink. Not great, but a must try while there. Why not mon, you're in Jamaica mon!

Thanks for the info. Doesnt sound that great, but we will definitely be trying one...or ten.

Quote Originally Posted by lozzilou View Post
    grenadine,grande marnier,creme de menthe and [COLOR="black]overproof rum ![/COLOR]
    Exactly right, though the "color white" on a white background makes it hard to see...

Default No Marley for me

The bartender at Feathers took one look at me and said I did not want to try a Bob Marley. He suggested something much more suitable to a person of my age...(OLD). I think he felt the Marley might kill me...he described it as "too strong".

when we honeymooned last month at CSS we didn't get to try one - apparently the bartenders were not allowed to serve anymore due to a recent incident. Has this been reversed?
    Sean & Bekah Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by MarleyBob View Post
    Thanks for the info. Doesnt sound that great, but we will definitely be trying one...or ten.
    I would like to see you try. If you want to remember your trip I would stick to one or two.

We did a marly waterfall around the swimup bar which took a while because people got scared. It tasted terrible but was a lot of fun to see the reactions.