Default First trip next month to CTI

My hubby & I just booked our vacation to celebrate our 2-year anniversary- we're so excited! We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon in 2008, so we're looking forward to exploring a new place.

We will be staying at CTI for eight days and would love recommendations on activities. We enjoy a little sun & beach action, but we are usually most interested in exploring and excursions. Though we intend to relax plenty and take advantage of the resort as much as we can stand, we're looking for the best things to do in the Ochos Rios area.

So what are the not-to-be-missed activities? So far we've found a few online, including the Dolphin encounter place and a couple of plantations. We will definitely do the Dunn's Falls excursion. Any reviews?

What's the best way to get off-grounds for a day? I saw someone mention renting a car.

We can't WAIT. It's only six weeks away and I'm already on the edge of my seat!

My husband and I are at CTI right now and it is AMAZING!! I could not be happier. We just went snorkeling for the first time and it is awesome. Dunn's River is great, too. Horseback riding is great, but it seemed less organized than Dunn's River.I have heard Dolphin's Cove is great, but I think that we will spend the majority of time here at the resort. There is so much to offer (including watersports) that I don't want to go anywhere else. Well, better get off here and have more fun!

My husband and I love CTI!! I would recommend the Chukka zip lining and my husband really enjoyed scuba diving. We heard a few couples saying that the horse back riding from the resort was not much fun!!! A couple we meet on our vacation in june said that Dolphin cove is sooo worth the money. Have fun and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy06 View Post
    My husband and I love CTI!! I would recommend the Chukka zip lining and my husband really enjoyed scuba diving. We heard a few couples saying that the horse back riding from the resort was not much fun!!! A couple we meet on our vacation in june said that Dolphin cove is sooo worth the money. Have fun and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
    We weren't one of those couples who bagged on the horseback riding. We loved it and those in our group who attended thought likewise.

I will admit tho that if you're experienced at riding horses then it probably wouldn't be your cup of tea. What we did was pretty much the adult version of the pony rides when we took as kids. It's really nothing more than a very slow, very safe walk thru the plantation property. But it was still quite enjoyable, we learned a little something about Jamaica's flora and fauna, and besides, how can you beat inclusive to boot?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy06 View Post
    My soon to be husband and I want to do this when we come to CTI for our first time in January. How did you guys get transportation to this activity??

Our first trip to Jamaica is next month as well. We'll be at CTI too! We are super excited!

Chukka picks you up at the resort and we booked it at the excursion desk two days prior to. Enjoy!!!!!

Thanks, everyone, we'll definitely check out the zip-lining! And the horseback riding, too, since it's included. Why not?

Dolphin's Cove was quoted to us around $215 each for the option to swim with the dolphins. We'll have to see once we get closer if we have extra budget for an activity like that.

Quote Originally Posted by theHabs View Post
    Thanks, everyone, we'll definitely check out . . . the horseback riding . . . since it's included . . . .
    From Randymon's July 7 post:

In the interest of safety, due to a recent unpleasant incident, we are suspending our included Horseback Riding excursion immediately and until further notice.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

What happened with the horseback riding? Who was hurt?

SoontobeMRS......
    Any and all of the excursions offered by Couples come with transportation to and from the activity. In the lobby, you will find employees that will help you with all of your needs, wants, questions, etc. The best advice I can give you is to find and meet Ms. Maxine Williams (Guest Servioces Manager) as soon as you arrive. She is an absolute jewel, very personable, will answer any question, and can help you with anything you need.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012