Default csa to css ....is it a long walk ?

ok i'm not walking, BUT it's good to laugh. Has anybody gone from csa to css..on a split trip,going to csa in march 2011 ( first time) for one week then going to css one week...(#6).... do you have to go back to MBJ airport.and change shuttles.how many miles is it? how long is JA anyway. my guess about 4 hrs am I right?......thanks.does anybody have any suggestions.

I"m going to repost the info I gave to someone else who had this question recently:

We've done a split between one of the Ocho Rios resorts and CSA three times. First trip we took a small 4 passenger plane. Was quick and the view was amazing. Unfortunately, the price has gone WAY up so on our second trip we hired a private ride. Set it up before our trip and it cost us about $120 and was a nice ride, took about 3 hours. We did our most recent split this past December. Contacted CSS before our trip and they set up a direct transfer(no stopping at airport)free of charge. It was no problem at all. We like to leave early in the morning so as not to waste any beach time. On all our trips we were on the beach at CSA by 10 am the day of transfer! Unless you get caught up in traffic around Montego Bay it should take anywhere between 3 and 3 1/2 hours.

hehe that's funny... walking.. thanks for the smiles!

You may be interested in reading my review of a CSS/CSA split we did in December 09. We just recently returned to CSA because we LOVE it so much!!

In short, we didn't stop at the airport on the way from CSS to CSA and I think it was right at 3 hours (I didn't re-read my review - sorry - but it's in there).

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=4275
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

It's about 3 1/2 - 4 hours between CSA & CSS .......... driving that is .... HA HA. I don't know how they handle the transfer in between resorts or if it's up to you to pay a taxi unless you do want to go back to the airport & go that route. I don't think they provide a direct transfer in between resorts, though. Hope someone else has an answer for you.
    Julie

If you are doing the transfer from CSA to CSS, request an early morning transfer like 6 AM. Most likely you will not have to transfer vans at Mobay and because of the early hour you will have no traffic. The trip at that time will be less then 2 1/2 hours! Once you arrive @CSS you will have a full day there

They do provide a free transfer between resorts. You can tell them when you would like to leave by (we chose early morning) and they will do their best to make that happen for you. As for if it is direct or if it goes to the airport on the way, that is more about what works best for them (unless you want to pay to ensure that happens). I'm sure you can make that request but I would think even if you had to stop at the airport it wouldn't be for more than a half hour. Prepare to stop at the airport and then be pleasantly surprised if you don't - we were.
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

MSHELL....thanks for the repost MELEA...thanks i read your review last time and i read it again,good reading.........MAXERIE...thank you. RICHLI2...thanks but 6am will see what happens the night before....to everyone hope our paths cross at couples....are you sure it's to far to walk.

Yup. Bring two pairs of sneakers.

Bilkat

Depending on when you leave, the trip can be made in less than 2 1/2 hours. When we transferred from CTI to CN back in April, we made it door-door in exactly 2 hours and 27 minutes. It probably would have taken about 15 minutes less had it not been for the construction on the road to Negril just past the airport, which resulted in a bit of stop-n-go. Of course it helped that we left at 6:15am on a Saturday, so traffic conditions were otherwise at their optimum.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Isnt Couple Negril and CSA next to each other? Just curious since we were on the subject. I thought I recall my Travel Agent making that comment

Quote Originally Posted by DanandCindy View Post
    Isnt Couple Negril and CSA next to each other? Just curious since we were on the subject. I thought I recall my Travel Agent making that comment
    CN & CSA are not next door to each other but they are only about a 5 minute drive apart. CSA is on around the bend from CN ...... You can't walk between the 2 on the beach either because the beaches aren't connected ........ CN is on Bloody Bay & CSA is on the longest part of 7 mile beach.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    ok i'm not walking, BUT it's good to laugh. Has anybody gone from csa to css..on a split trip,going to csa in march 2011 ( first time) for one week then going to css one week...(#6).... do you have to go back to MBJ airport.and change shuttles.how many miles is it? how long is JA anyway. my guess about 4 hrs am I right?......thanks.does anybody have any suggestions.
    Well, you got my attention. Now I am a walker and even as close as CSS and CTI are, I wouldn't walk it. I did do the power walk with Alford though and it was a great work out.
    Vicky