Default Ground floor rooms sleeping with doors open?

Here is my question, does anyone sleep with their doors open at night if you are in a ground floor room?

My husband Matt and I were at CSA in July of last year and had a ground floor GVS. We left the doors open while we were awake but shut them when we went to bed. I guess I just worry to much about people coming in, or bugs, birds, lizards, or the huge crabs that walk around at night!

I loved that we could just walk on to our verandah, but I wanted to be able to leave the doors open and here the sounds at night.

We are going back in December if we get a ground floor room again, is it safe to leave your doors open at night?

We had a ground floor and only left our doors open when we were awake. You might let all kinds of critters in. Also if you have an item that goes missing from your room and your doors were open at night your insurance won't cover it.

I wouldn't for the bugs alone. I don't think I could sleep with the door open on the ground floor anyway.

I would not recommend it. I don't even do that at home.Lots of little critters make their home in all the lush vegetation...not to mention the many resident cats. We stay in atrium units and are able to enjoy the breeze and sounds through the windows.

There was just a story in the San Diego paper about a guy who lives at the beach and he woke up to find a naked drunk guy sleeping on his couch. What can I say, drunks are known to sleep where they think is home. Sometimes they miss the mark... Not saying that will happen at CSA, just saying... you never know!

I say NO.... lock Matt in.

Someone here on the boards posted a story last year about a crab coming in for a visit..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul & Sue from NY View Post
    Someone here on the boards posted a story last year about a crab coming in for a visit..
    And what a great story that was.........

Why not book an Atrium Suite instead? They will have a mini bar by December, so you sacrifice only the TV (no biggie in our opinion and probably a great trade out for the evening symphony of the jungle). Plus you will be a little closer to the water and further from the road....

That was my story, and yes it was a pretty big crab--- so I'm a Jersey Shore girl and have grown up with all the shore critters, gone crabbing, collected mussels, fishining, bait my own hooks, not a sissy girl!!! Listening to the sound of the waves and all that goes with the it is great---but walking into thw bathroom at 2am and encountering a huge land crab coming out from behind the toilet is not for the fain of heart!!!! Close the door or stay on the 2nd floor.

Quote Originally Posted by beachsam View Post
    That was my story, and yes it was a pretty big crab--- so I'm a Jersey Shore girl and have grown up with all the shore critters, gone crabbing, collected mussels, fishining, bait my own hooks, not a sissy girl!!! Listening to the sound of the waves and all that goes with the it is great---but walking into thw bathroom at 2am and encountering a huge land crab coming out from behind the toilet is not for the fain of heart!!!! Close the door or stay on the 2nd floor.
    LOL I think I would have been initially scared but then laughed myself to death...oh god I cannot imagine.
    Erika & Sean

Last year our neighbor has a cat jump in her bathroom window in the middle of the night!