Thread: Dirty banana

Default Dirty banana

What's in a Dirty Banana? Sounds awesome! I love ANYTHING with bananas..

Dirty Banana
    1 medium banana
    1-1 1/2 oz. Tia Maria
    table sugar to taste
    milk or cream
    add ice & blend

I don't drink alcohol, but my friends all loved them when we were there. I think he had two in his hands all the time. At dinner he would have three lined up.

Just wondering how many calories are in one?

Dirty Banana
    Recipe #103962 | 1 min | 1 min prep

This is probably the most popular "frozen drink" on Negril beach. Taste like a milkshake, but beware, they're very "dirty"! This recipe makes a full pitcher.

Ingredients
    3 ounces Tia Maria
    3 ounces rum cream liqueur
    3 ounces dark rum
    6 ounces milk
    2 ounces simple syrup
    1 1/2 bananas
    ice

Directions
    Fill blender 3/4 way with ice.
    Add all the ingredients and blend well.
    Note: simple syrup is a mixture of 1/2 water& 1/2 sugar that is simmered til sugar is dissolved & cooled.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 pitcher 682g

The following items or measurements are not included below:
    • 3 ounces Tia Maria
    • rum cream liqueur
    • simple syrup

Calories 471
    Calories from Fat 65 (13%)
    Amount Per Serving %DV
    Total Fat 7.3g 11%
    Saturated Fat 4.4g 21%
    Monounsaturated Fat 2.0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 25mg 8%
    Sodium 92mg 3%
    Potassium 911mg 26%
    Total Carbohydrate 48.9g 16%
    Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18%
    Sugars 21.6g
    Protein 7.9g 15%

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    Just wondering how many calories are in one?
    you don't wanna know. heck, I don't wanna know. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayslinn View Post
    you don't wanna know. heck, I don't wanna know. lol.
    I don't want to know either but saw that awful number before I knew it ........ DARN ....... The last thing I want to be doing while I'm destressing at CN is counting calories ...... There aren't suppose to be any calories in paradise ...... There's enough time for that in everyday real life.
    Julie

wow....so many calories !!!!! no thanks x you could eat loadsa food for that

Who cares how many calories....you are in paradise. I say that if you are counting them that close while on vacation, then you don't understand what vacation is for. The only way I could see counting calories while I was at CTI is if I was spending more than one week there......EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR!!!!!!! Drink 50 of them while you are there and then hit it hard at the gym when you get home.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

My wife doesn't drink all that much. Last week while at CN, she asked a bartender for a sweet drink with rum cream. He served her a Dirty Banana. Let's just say, my wife MAY have become an alcoholic over our visit. Kidding of course. My point is, she drank an awful lot of those drinks. They were wonderful!

My husband just called them breakfast. It has fruit and dairy so that counts right?? He actually had them add a coffee liquor to his for an extra punch and really enjoyed them.

Thanks for the recipe! I agree with the "no calorie counters" here. When we were at CSA my two buddies and I went golfing and got back for lunch at Patios. We ordered a round of Red Stripes and then followed them up with 3 rounds of Hummingbirds. I'm sure a Hummingbird has just as many calories as a Dirty Banana. Calories be damned...we were on vacation and thirsty...<smile>. You have to make every moment count when you're in Paradise!

Hmmmmm. That must account for a good portion of the extra five pounds we gain while on vacation. Good thing we diet before we go.

Haven't you heard???,...vacation calories don't count!!!

Enjoy!!

They sound amazing!!! I'm currently trying to do a preemptive strike on my weight - so get below my usual so when I put on weight over the two weeks it's not too disasterous and I can still fit into my clothes when getting on the plane. From the sound of these, I'll need to set my target a couple of pound lower!!!

Oh - just looked at the ingredients again and it has rum - which I can't drink at all Would they customise the drink - either leaving the rum out or replacing it with something else? Like the idea of a coffee liquer in it

They will customize anything for you! I have found that a lot of the bartenders have their own specialties or favorite drinks to make and it's fun to try the different ones. I can't speak for CTI or CSS, but at CSA they have a drink menu at each bar that you can pick from and find fun drinks. CN had some, but not at every bar.

My personal favorites are the purple rain & vodka ting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Oh - just looked at the ingredients again and it has rum - which I can't drink at all Would they customise the drink - either leaving the rum out or replacing it with something else? Like the idea of a coffee liquer in it
    Yes. They will make it however you want. I have them made without simple syrup and they are still delicious.

I'm sure they will make it any way you like as long as they have the ingredients.

Yes they will definatly customise it. Just tell them what you want. The bartenders at Couples are the greatest!!

Woo hoo! Thanks