Default Thought we had it all figured out...

My bf and I had pretty much decided on CTI, but keep wondering if CSA would be better for our wedding. But now after telling our family about our decision to get married in Jamaica at a Couples Resort some of our single family members aren't so sure about sharing a bed the whole time... Has anyone had the same issues and can let me know how it turned out? I really want to get married here, but would hate to not have immediate family go for that one reason.

Also, how long did you have your family/friends stay during the weddingmoon? Is 5 days/4 nights long enough or should we just let each "couple" decide how long to stay?

Just have immediate family stay at one of the resorts next door that is not Family only.
    DO NOT have your family members stay there AFTER your wedding day. Your Honeymoon is for you and your fiance ONLY!!
    Have a great time.
    Our wedding was at CSA on 5/10/10 and it was the most beautiful, special, and magical wedding.

I went to CSS for a friend's wedding and she had her little boy and her mother-in-law stay at a different resort... B, I think? anyways, we stayed at CSS and her sister and husband stayed at CTI. We didn't see them after their wedding so it wasn't a problem, and the guests only stayed for the wedding and then went and had dinner off-site so they didn't have to pay the day pass rates.

For our wedding, we're staying for 7 nights and gave guests the option of 3 or 4 nights. Our ceremony is on a Saturday, so that's Fri-Mon/Tues. Surprisingly most guests are doing the 4 nights. One of my bridesmaids had the audacity to try to stay 7 nights but I nicety (yeah, I said NICETY )talked her out of it. One of the closer AI resorts to CTI and CSS is the Sunset Grande Resort. I would hope that after the wedding events, the guests would have the etiquette to ignore the bride/groom even if on the resort. What I find is that if you give them their options and let them choose from that, it'll be more seamless. If you give them too many options, it'll be harder to ring them in. I'm using this approach with my own wedding, and it has worked well with other destination weddings for my clients.

I think we have decided to do CSA for sure! We are giving every couple the option they would like... But if they choose 8 days/7 nights, they will be there 2 days before our 8 days start, so they will be gone 2 days before we leave. Ex. if we plan to go WED to WED, then they will go MON to MON. Our wedding is on Friday... I thik most people are going for 5days, 4 nights though, so Wed to Sun OR Thurs to Mon.

Default no one goes

my fiancee and i didnt even invite our families. we told a few close couples that if they wanted to go it was up to them. we would actually prefer to be alone but that is the way things go. very small wedding and big reception a week after we get back. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gdstravel View Post
    For our wedding, we're staying for 7 nights and gave guests the option of 3 or 4 nights. Our ceremony is on a Saturday, so that's Fri-Mon/Tues. Surprisingly most guests are doing the 4 nights.
    These guests are couples in love, right?

We're going totally on our own - everyone is banned! We figured it had to be an all or nothing thing - and we've def made the right choice

5 weeks today - woo hoo!!!

When we got married at CTI in 2001 our friends (1 couple) who were our maid of honor & best man came only for 3 days. When we came home we had a wedding (dinner)reception for everyone else.
    Dianavr

We preferred to have no one at our wedding, but FI's parents (mother, really) is being quite pushy and has basically told me that they are coming. So, we are asking them to stay on a different resort so that way they can be here for the wedding but that way we still have our time on the resort alone for the honeymoon.

We are going Wed to Wed and are asking everyone who books with us to leave by Sun or Mon, although that maybe only two nights alone, I think it will be fine for us. I told everyone with the interest in going, that this is also our honeymoon and it should be a romantic trip for them also... SO hopefully everyone kinda wants thier own alone time too! I think it will be great to share this with CLOSE friends and family... I can't wait!

We have been dating for 5 years and living togehter for almost three of those years... We have had plenty of alone time...

We've actually not told one of the parents to avoid exactly that!!! We'll tell them when we get back. For us it's really important for it to just be the two of us. The family and friends who know us best totally understand and support that. The ones that would kick up a fuss obviously don't have our best interests at heart, so they won't know. Sounds harsh - but necessary!!!

I'm sure you'll still have a wonderful wedding

Quote Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrs! View Post
    We preferred to have no one at our wedding, but FI's parents (mother, really) is being quite pushy and has basically told me that they are coming.