Hybrid View

Default The CTI beach situation???

I keep reading in other reviews that the beach at CTI is a mess!! I totally inderstand how the beach can recede away but then I also read, that there is about 2 feet of black stuff you have to wade through to even get out to the clear water where there is a beach. Someone wrote in a review, that getting in the water wasn't even a thought. We are going here in Sept and are a little worried b/c we love the beach and getting in the water, any suggestions??? We were at CSA last year and deffinatley want to stay in Ocho Rio's this time, should we consider CSS instead???

There is nothing wrong with the beach. We are here right now. There is not black stuff to wade through. In the morning there is a small, maybe 6" strip of seaweed that is cleaned up by 8 am by the water sports staff. There has been plenty of people in the water off the beach. Some are in the roped area, some are not.
    Vicky

That is awesome news. We will be there tomorrow for 7 days and glad to hear the algea has gone. :-)

I was there until yesterday and never ONCE thought there was a problem on the beach!!!! Looked great!