Hybrid View

Default CN again or somewhere else?

We went to CN at the end of March and loved it! Going back next year for sure and can't decide if we should try somewhere else? Looking at maybe CTI. Our favorite things about CN was the cat cruise, the swim-up bar, mini-bar (i know only jr. suites have it in cti which is fine-that's probably the room we were gonna book), we only went on the beach the first day then the pool after that, and how it all felt very personal and private. Would love any input on where to try next or to just stay at CN?

Quote Originally Posted by monurse View Post
    We went to CN at the end of March and loved it! Going back next year for sure and can't decide if we should try somewhere else? Looking at maybe CTI. Our favorite things about CN was the cat cruise, the swim-up bar, mini-bar (i know only jr. suites have it in cti which is fine-that's probably the room we were gonna book), we only went on the beach the first day then the pool after that, and how it all felt very personal and private. Would love any input on where to try next or to just stay at CN?
    We went to CN over New Year's and loved it. We understand how the Couple's philosophy is reflected in all their properties, so we decided that we wanted to visit them all before deciding which is our favorite. We returned to Jamaica this April to CTI and loved it as well. There are some significant differences between the two.
    The cat cruise at CN was more enjoyable than CTI due mainly to the boat being bigger with more room to move about and the swim into the caves. It was a very windy day at CTI on the day of our cat cruise, so we were shuttled to a calm inlet to board the boat. The boat was smaller so several of us sat at the bow and got drenched during the ride from the boat dipping into the swells. I liked it, but some thought it was a bit too rough.

There are two swim-up bars at CTI - one is in the small pool on the island. Both are excellent and fun places to hang out. I'd give the nod to CTI here.

We liked having the minibar at CN too, but didn't have one at CTI. For us, it didn't really matter and wasn't a consideration. But if it's important for you, select your room accordingly.

The beach is nicer at CN, and the pools are great both places. If you're a pool person, I think you'll like CTI as well.

If it matters to you, the island at CTI really makes it unique and offers something CN can't - highly recommended.

CTI is more compact and has more of a nice hotel feel vs. CN's more spread out ambience. To us, neither is "better", just different.

We're booked for next year, and have picked CSS for our 3rd trip. I'm sure we'll love it as much as CN and CTI, just in its own different way.

Thank you that really helped. I think we will try CTI this time. I like the idea of seeing them all as well. Anyone have some pictures of CTI trips I can browse??

Thank you that really helped. I think we will try CTI this time. I like the idea of seeing them all as well. Anyone have some pictures of CTI trips I can browse??
    Here are ours from a few weeks ago.

[URL]

...Personal decision. We loved CN last November. But want to eventually try all of the Couples Resorts. We will be doing CSS in October. On another side, some have gone back to a resort expecting it to be exactly the same as when they were there before, with exactly the same staff. Things change, an they may not be exactly the way you remember.

We have been going between CTI and Negril for years. We love them both for different years. You can't go wrong .

Liquid youe like didn't show up. Could you try again or e-mail to mel_messerli@hotmail.com.
    Thanks!