Default CSA Beachfront Suite Layout

We've booked a Beachfront Suite for our visit in December. I can see from the description that each building contains 4 suites, presumably 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the upper floor.

However, I've read on the MB that some have larger, wrap around verandahs/balconies than others. Are there any other differences between the Beachfront Suites? I was expecting all rooms within a building to be identical. Can recent visitors provide any information on this?

Thanks,
    Karen & Paul

I'm curious about this too. We booked a BFS for our recent trip but when we got there, we were told they weren't available and were put in a BFVS.

I too would love to know this! Good question!

Karen & Paul,

We were at CSA in April and stayed in at Beachfront Suite. Some of the buildings have 4 suites (2 upstairs and 2 down) and others have 3 suites (2 upstairs and 1 down). We were blessed to stay in one of the latter with the suites facing the beach (upstairs and down) having the "wrap around" balconies. The third suite appeared smaller inside with a smaller porch that gave a view of the ocean. Here's some pictures we took of CSA (some of CSA are also included) that include the BFS we stayed in: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7624040604608/. Unfortunately you're not able to request a specific building or room but we were blessed with a great one!!

Enjoy your stay!

Bart & Bug

We also stayed in a BFS in April. Ours was NOT a wraparound. It was a building of 4 rooms. Ours had no view of anything but trees. In terms of interior, it was just like the garden suite we had a few years ago but with a mini bar, close to the beach path, and windows / open building center like an atrium. Honestly, I was disappointed. It did sort of kill me to see the beautiful wrap around ones with pristine views and know we paid the same. Itís, unfortunately, a chance you take since these rooms are not all cookie cutter rooms. For us, probably one we wonít take again though.

Bart & Bug, Love you pics. Thanks for the trip home (both CSS & CSA). You had an awesome room @ CSA. One of the BFS'w/a view, we dream of enjoying one of these trips. Razzl

I also booked a BFS at CSA. I am now concerned that I may end up in one of the rooms with no beach front view. How likely is this to happen? I know you can not request your room until you get to the hotel and was wondering how likely it would be to get a ground floor room or one with one of the wrap around porches.

Thanks!

Razzl,

Thanks. We were blessed with a room that was beyond our expectations.

kgregory01,

There's no guarantee as to which room you're going to get. We went with the thought that we'd try it once and see what happened. Only you can decide if you want to chance it. We did and it was great!!

Bart & Bug

Bart & Bug

Great photos! Please post some of them on the Couples/Flickr site.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/couplesresortphotos/

Karen & Paul

We stayed in a "wrap around" ground floor in 09 while waiting for a BFV to become avaible. The huge deck was hard to give up.

Appreciate the information from everyone. Love the photos, makes the wait until December even more difficult

On our previous visits (to COR, CN & CSS) the most we've requested (upon arrival) related to our room was to be on the highest floor available. We really aren't fussy as we're not on vacation to sit in our room the entire day. However, Paul and I spent a lot of time on our balcony at CSS (breakfast, reading, etc...) so we do like having room there to spread out, relax, and enjoy the view.

I can't tell from the CSA map, does anyone know how many BFS buildings there are at CSA, and, how many of these have the 3 suite layout?

I know it's just luck of the draw based on what's available when we arrive, but at least knowing our options makes me feel like I've done my homework and doesn't leave me with that "if only I'd known to ask" feeling.

Thanks for any and all feedback!

Karen & Paul

Sorry I left out a letter in the Couples photo site! Try http://www.flickr.com/groups/couplesresortsphotos/

Quote Originally Posted by smoo72 View Post
    We also stayed in a BFS in April. Ours was NOT a wraparound. It was a building of 4 rooms. Ours had no view of anything but trees. In terms of interior, it was just like the garden suite we had a few years ago but with a mini bar, close to the beach path, and windows / open building center like an atrium. Honestly, I was disappointed. It did sort of kill me to see the beautiful wrap around ones with pristine views and know we paid the same. Itís, unfortunately, a chance you take since these rooms are not all cookie cutter rooms. For us, probably one we wonít take again though.
    The room you describe is an Atrium, not a Beach front Suite.

cypresspeps - No. It was a beachfront suite. You're right in that it's just like an atrium in desitn, but it had no hammock and DID have a mini bar. It's categorized as a BFS and, believe me, that's what we paid for. It's deemed beachfront due to its location - right along the beach path. Room 1230, to be specific. Were the view not obstructed, it would have a direct view of Seagrapes.

nguc54t,

If you have a CSA map then buildings numbered 29, 34, 37 & 38 are of the 4 suite per building variety with 35, 36, 40 & 41 being the 3 room with wrap around. It doesn't hurt to ask when you get there if one of the wrap-arounds are available...

Bart & Bug

Thanks for the information Bart and Bug!

We have a great CSA map (courtesy of someone on the MB) and will certainly ask upon arrival to see what rooms are available.

141 days and counting!

Karen & Paul

Karen & Paul,

No problem mon! No matter which room you get you'll have a great time. CSA is a wonderful resort!!

281 days and counting for us.

Bart & Bug

Last time I was there I checked out the BFS rooms and oh boy are they not cookie cutter. It would not hurt to break that category up say to BFS deluxe for the larger rooms with the wrap-around porch and BFS superior for the smaller rooms with the smaller porch. I stay in BFVS or OVS and I would not be happy if I paid for BFS cat and got the small room and that is why I have not
    tried that cat.
    I know some cruise lines have a separate category for room with
    a larger balcony.

Zazu, I love the photos, it makes me SO homesick!!