Default Jamaica for Honeymoon but not sure which couples to stay at!!!!!!

i guess it is a good problem to have, we have booked our flights for the 27th Dec 2010 to the 2nd Jan 2011 and i have settled on staying at Couples but the problem is that i am totally confused and frustrated as i do not know which resort will suit us best. My fiance and i are 28 and 29 respectively, we love fun, knocking about, the beach and are avid wine and food people and like to hang out alot.
    I initially thought that i would have booked 3 nights at CSS and 3 nights at CN but then i wondered if that is too little time at each and then we will end up feeling like our entire honeymoon just blew us by.so right now i am undecided and the only thing i know is that based on tripadvisor i tended to opt out of CTI for some reason, so its between CSS, CSA and CN...and then i guess based on our age group one may be more suitable than the other...but i am not sure, can any avid couples fanatics help me out here?

If you love the beach go for CSA or CN. At CSA you will be able to go forever in each direction along the beach and check out the local flavor. It is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Not sure about CN's beach, but I've heard it's nice too. Good luck deciding.

We went to CSA this past spring and loved it. Going back in April 2011. The beach is awesome and I believe that CSA was voted most romantic in the Carib.
    ARE WE THERE YET??

My husband and I honeymooned at Sans Souci last year and thought it was the most romantic, perfect spot possible for a honeymoon. I hear that the beaches in Negril are bigger, but we thought the beach at Sans Souci was great, and with only 150 rooms, its not overcrowded. The grounds were BEAUTIFUL and there were a ton of private secluded spots with hammocks to relax on. The food was amazing, the staff was so friendly and wonderful, the watersports were great, there were always things to do, and we found there was a good mix of ages present. I would HIGHLY recommend CSS for your honeymoon! (Although from everything I hear on these boards, you can't go wrong with any Couples resort!!) And CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!

many thanks everyone for the advice, seems like whatever our choice we will eventually have to visit all of the couples resorts.

Regardless of which resort you choose you will have a fabulous time. All have amazing staff, amenities, food, and ambiance. It is really up to you on what type of honeymoon you want to have. At any of the resorts - if you want peace and quite - you have it - if you want to have fun and party - you have it. I am sure you will not be disappointed. We were actually married in CTI (formerly COR) and honeymooned in CN (did not know I was getting married at the time) but we go back at least every year for our anniversary (as well as birthdays and any other reason I can think of). Make the pack to return each year for your anniversary and stay at all resorts and then you can decide which one you prefer. My favorites are CTI and CN. Enjoy, relax and congratulations on your special day!
    Dorothy & James - Delaware

Check out San Souci for your honeymoon! It's private beaches, are idea for a nice getaway! We went last October for our and I will never visit another resort...ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiadNIla View Post
    i know is that based on tripadvisor i tended to opt out of CTI for some reason,
    Keep in mind that TripAdvisor is plagued with competing resorts blasting others for their own benefit. I've read it all, and been there 6 times so far...I never seem to run into the mysterious things that people gripe about on TA.
    Last edited by KrisJamie; July 13th, 2010 at 02:17 PM.

Default CN-Most definitely

I would not splite my days up while on my honeymoon. My husband and I have been going to CN for the past eight years and love it. I did not care for CSW-to many bugs in the room and you have to walk all over the place to find a resturant. I like CN, because everything is within close quaters and they staff is much nicer. The staff at CSW was not professional at all and hardly spoke to us. Some of the people staying there were rude and not friendly. We have meet some really nice people at CN and they are younger then me and my husband. Good luck deciding and congrats. Too bad your not going in February-my husband abd I could show you around.

You may want to take advantage of the Wednesday special:

Save $500 on travel after Christmas-

Couples Tower Isle and Couples Sans Souci guests arriving on December 26, 27, 28 and 29 staying a minimum of 5 nights receive a $500 discount per room off current rates and Save up to 55%!!!

Restrictions: 5 night minimum stay and Normal Closeouts

All categories at Couples Tower Isle except Suites

All categories at Couples Sans Souci except Hibiscus Cottage

Come Celebrate your New Years 2011 at Couples Resorts.....

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    You may want to take advantage of the Wednesday special:

Save $500 on travel after Christmas-

Couples Tower Isle and Couples Sans Souci guests arriving on December 26, 27, 28 and 29 staying a minimum of 5 nights receive a $500 discount per room off current rates and Save up to 55%!!!

Restrictions: 5 night minimum stay and Normal Closeouts

All categories at Couples Tower Isle except Suites

All categories at Couples Sans Souci except Hibiscus Cottage

Come Celebrate your New Years 2011 at Couples Resorts.....
    wooooohhhhhhh, how do you find stuff like this???.........wil definitely look into it.

Personally, I'm partial to CSS, as that's where were were married and spent our honeymoon, but obviously others have different opinons. With a relatively short trip, I think you're doing the right thing not to split it, particularly cross-island.

We like CSS because it's so unique as a resort. It's almost essentially two resorts, with the older part build up a cliff with very lush vegetation and then the newer part with the beach, big manicured lawn, pool, etc. I think it's very romantic, and the setup is such that it's very easy to either find people to socialize with and activities to get involved in, or you can essentially wander off and feel like you have the world to yourselves.

For one comparison, my in-laws traveled to CSS for our wedding, and the next year they traveled to CN. They personally preferred CN for their vacation, since my father-in-law likes to go for very long swims in the ocean, but they did say that they thought CSS was much better for a wedding/honeymoon and that they prefered the atmosphere and layout of CSS.

Whatever you choose, please keep us posted, and congratulations!

We've been to CN, CSS and CSA and CSA is our favorite. We're around your age (34 and 35) and found that CSA is the best fit for us, and it seemed like more people around our age at CSA. If you're into fitness at all, CSA is top notch (the fitness center across the street is incredible). The beaches in Negril are amazing and we didn't like the beach at CSS at all. That's just us though. I wrote a very long review that is on this board from when we went in December and split time between CSA and CSS, with a lot of comparisons to CN because we had been there twice before. You can search through my profile for the post (sorry I don't have a link for it right here). That might help you in your decision.

As for splitting, we did, but not with such a short stay. By the time you get the feel for the resort, you will be packing up and leaving. We did 4 nights at CSS and 5 nights at CSA.

Hope you find this helpful!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10