Default ATI/Smirnoff emancipation weekend at CSA

We are staying at CSA during this weekend which is July 30-Aug. 2nd. I see a party is at Margaritaville on Friday and Long Bay Beach Park on Saturday so we will be in the middle of it . How will this affect the beach and surrounding areas. Will it be crowded. Will the beach be closed off during the parties ? Can we still walk the beach during the parties and view the festivities or should Negril be avoided during this time for romance and relaxation.

Default Little Help !

Any replies

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    We are staying at CSA during this weekend which is July 30-Aug. 2nd. I see a party is at Margaritaville on Friday and Long Bay Beach Park on Saturday so we will be in the middle of it . How will this affect the beach and surrounding areas. Will it be crowded. Will the beach be closed off during the parties ? Can we still walk the beach during the parties and view the festivities or should Negril be avoided during this time for romance and relaxation.
    Boo - not sure how much more info you are looking for since your last post
    Negril for ATI is PACKED no other way to put it
    Parites at long bay park will greatly impact the foot traffic along the beach. the average party will attract 1500-2000 people so you can do the math.
    the beach ( i assume you mean long bay) will not be closed.
    The spill over from the parties as well as the overall influx of people in negril for ATI will certainly make the beachs and the roads much more crowded.
    A cab from CSA to west end should take approx 45-60 minute late day into the evening
    The "decible" level along long bay day and night is signicantly higher then non ATI weeks
    The amount of vendors will be increased per capita to take advantage of the influx of potential customers

The good news is ATI is held at the slow season so the number of non ATI vacationers are probably at the seasonal low.
    Keep in mind ATI is a combination of July 4th, New years eve and mardi gra all rolled into a one week with tons of incredible music.

Margaritaville was about a 10 minute walk from CSA if I remember correct. I doubt you will even notice the event unless you were to leave the resort to head into town. The only time we were ever disappointed at CSA was when we had actually left the resort to go to Margaritaville. There's nothing like overpaying for bad margaritas especially when you have free ones waiting for you back at the resort.

I believe there is a thread on this on the board.. I know I saw it. I've never been during this time so I can't speak from experience. Sounds like it will be a neat thing to see -- but from what I remember it doesn't effect the resort area. Sorry I'm not more help.
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Default See ya there

We will be there july 29th through aug 5th! Hope to see you there!

Jackie and mike

I have been in the area during ATI. You won't notice any affect on the resort. The majority of the fun takes place up the beach in the park. The park is located between Beaches Sandy Bay and Beaches Negril if I remember correctly. There will be traffic related to the parties. If you are on the beach at night the music will carry bit but it's not an issue from insie your room. It is one heck of a party though!

Consider this particular holiday week a type of "Spring Break" for Jamaicans...though you will not see hordes of people drifting in drunken fogs like you do with North American breakers. On the other hand, please don't think the ATI/Emancipation Day/Independence Day holiday is for 'college age' people only...families come to Negril at this time too...from all over the island.

It truly is a lively, fun time of year. You can get your fill of music without paying a dollar to go into the events...just walk along the beach...or better yet the road for the street show. Once you hear the music you like, find a jerk chicken barrel man, grab some cold drinks from someone selling those (usually from the trunk of their car)...you'll find roast fish, roast corn, fresh fruits, you name it...all at local prices, not inflated 'tourist' prices.

And too, by day the beach is quiet....the music parties wind down just before sunrise, so everyone is pretty well catatonic when the sun is up.