Hybrid View

Default CSA..... I just don't understand.....

......any or all of the complaints I have read!! We just got back from 7 days at our new 2nd home and ABSOLUTELY LOVED everything about it!!!

I will be writing my more detailed review once I can get my head back above water at work....but in quick summary, no word I can come up with (and I am a pretty loquacious girl with a fairly impressive lexicon) would do justice to our time spent at Swept Away.

Quick shout outs to Akeem (one of our two MVPs), Teno & Paul on the entertainment team, as well as Ruel (the second of our two MVPs), Marlene, Shawn, Denloy & Horatio of the Sunset Bar. Amongst all the other ammmenities that I will rave about in my review, these wonderful people are unequivocally the biggest reason we are already planning our return trip in the winter. See you next week! RESPECT!

were you able to enjoy a palapa?
    btw "xi" is a great scrabble word land that puppy on a triple letter for the x and you are off to the races ...

Quote Originally Posted by maywillcomehard View Post
    btw "xi" is a great scrabble word land that puppy on a triple letter for the x and you are off to the races ...
    I'd give up on the palapa-getting. Not gonna happen. IMO, they aren't that great anyway. Don't worry in advance over something so small an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineChick View Post
    I'd give up on the palapa-getting. Not gonna happen. IMO, they aren't that great anyway. Don't worry in advance over something so small an issue.
    Set your alarm clocks ...... I'll be there in 17 days !!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Default Palapa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maywillcomehard View Post
    Ohhh you are an instigator,lol..shame shame shame...annnnd..we're off!!..LMAO!

Ahh, CSA has done it again. Another couple who have been "swept away" by the magic and will never be the same. Now you will always have that yearning to return "home". We were swept away in 2008 and will be returning "home" for our fourth visit in January 2011. I spend hours on this message board and am always counting the days until we can start putting the swimsuits and sandals in the suitcases. CSA is truly magical and you can't really explain the feeling that overcomes you to someone who has not been there. Once you go, you know! I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Welcome to the club. This is one addiction I don't ever want to shake!

Default dont understand.

It's always nice to hear from someone who truly enjoyed everything CSA has to offer..Very nice post.

Default Sunset Bar?

So..what exactly is this "sunset bar" that I've heard spoken of on here, but not in detail??

Would someone like to enlighten me?

may~

Thanks for the scrabble tip ;-)

We were actually able to get a Palapa by chance our first day and our last day. We had no interest in playing the "Palapa 5:00am Game" and in the afternoon (I think it was maybe 2ish) when people picked up thier belongings and left for the day, we just kind of slid in.

Even had we never gotten the All Holy Shrine of a Palapa to enjoy, there was still plenty of shade to go around. Plus, the best Palapa on the beach was the one with the bar in the middle of it anyway and there was always room there ;-)

Default Palapa

Quote Originally Posted by Loveload View Post
    may~

Thanks for the scrabble tip ;-)

We were actually able to get a Palapa by chance our first day and our last day. We had no interest in playing the "Palapa 5:00am Game" and in the afternoon (I think it was maybe 2ish) when people picked up thier belongings and left for the day, we just kind of slid in.

Even had we never gotten the All Holy Shrine of a Palapa to enjoy, there was still plenty of shade to go around. Plus, the best Palapa on the beach was the one with the bar in the middle of it anyway and there was always room there ;-)
    We began planning our trip in May, and will travel in October, I have been all over every inch of the web site and alot of the message boards, But will some one tell me what a palapa is? lol I thought it was some kind of a special chair maybe now I am confused and have no clue

The Sunset Bar is one of the beach bars, more or less centrally located on the beach amongst the trees that line the beach. We called it "our bar" because the path from our room came right to it... Waiting for April 2011 to sit there again...
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Who could find anything wrong with CSA? We have been there 4 times and love it so much. You will never feel more at peace than how you feel at CSA.

Can anyone share a personal experience comparison of Swept Away and Tower Isle? Pro's of each?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin and Tammy View Post
    Can anyone share a personal experience comparison of Swept Away and Tower Isle? Pro's of each?
    I'll tell you in six weeks, after we return from CTI!

D&T, While I have not been to CTI since the remodel, I have been to CSS, CSA CTI and soon CN. CTI and CSA are totally different. CTI has the AN Island while CSA has no AN option. CTI has a small private beach; CSA has a 5 mile long beach that is semi-public. Food at both is good to great. CTI has a hotel feel while CSA has a jungle cabana/bungalow feel. I like CSA better but as I said have not been to CTI in a while. Can't much beat CSA's beach and feel!

We have been to both; in fact we've been to all four Couples resorts. Let me begin by saying that each couples experience can vary widely and there really is no "best" Couples resort.
    You asked for a comparison of CSA and CTI specifically and please keep in mind that the following is just our experience.
    CSA is on a gorgeous beach but very spread out. The beach is not private and the vendors, boats going by, etc. make it quite noisy, especially if you have a beachfront room.
    CTI's beach is much smaller but private and very quiet. The resort is compact and completely renovated.
    Rooms: CSA has a variety of rooms. Many do not have water views. Most of the rooms at CTI face the water.
    Food: Very good at both but I have to give the edge to CSA.
    Service: Hands down the best service we've ever received was at CTI. Every employee we encountered was so pleasant and helpful. It was okay at CSA but some of the staff were not very friendly and seemed overwhelmed.
    Activites: Plenty at both resorts; you can stay as busy as you care to be or not.
    Entertainment: We were usually in bed early so really can't compare.
    To sum up, we had some problems at CSA which left a bad taste. Much to our surprise we loved everything about CTI.
    I know you will get different opinions; as I said each couples experience can vary greatly.
    If you have specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.