Hybrid View

Default Edmonton Alberta Travellers

I just recieved notice that Westjet will be flying direct from Edmonton on Fridays for the new fall/winter season to Montego Bay. It is too late for us to fly direct as we booked awhile ago and to change the hotel reservations we would lose our discounts but I thought others may benefit. As Air Canada has cancelled their Direct Flight out of Edmonton we had no choice at that time but to go through Toronto! ugh!
    Rose
    I am not high Maintenance, I am deservedly Spoiled!

Couples Preferred Agent - Here to assist with your booking

We have booked WestJet direct from Ottawa, in December. We previously flew Air Canada direct but that flight has also been cancelled. We prefer to fly direct in the winter in case a storm cancels the flight. I'd rather be at home if that happens, than stuck in Toronto.

Good to know! We fly out of VAncouver but Edmonton is way closer than Toronto, too bad we already booked with AC!

We are booked also for CSA in December. Good to know about the direct flights, but we will be goin thru TO also, as we are flying on a Sunday, Doh!!

We fly out of Regina. So if we dont want to pay a small fortune, almost always have to go through Toronto. It truely is a pain in the butt! We made it to Jamaica just as planned but coming home was another story.
    West Jet please fly direct from Regina!

Default Edmonton Flights

I would really like to thank Rose_dave for their post. We live in Calgary so I checked for direct flights from Calgary with WestJet. You saved us about $1300 on our flight and because they fly out of Calgary on Saturdays, I checked the prices available for CSA corresponding to the dates I would need in and out on a Saturday, and you saved us another $1500 there as well.

Air Canada wanted $2699 for their direct flight and WstJet was $1450 for flying in 2 days earlier on a Saturday! I booked everything this morning for 2011 winter and we are good to go! I remembered your post...so once again...THANK YOU!!!

Default Thanks!

Great to hear someone could benefit! I hope that Westjet continues to fly direct out of Edmonton. If anyoneone needs help booking. Let me know rmlloyd at cruiseshipcenters.com
    Rose

Default Too Cool

That is great news. We have had to travel to Toronto and then to Montego Bay and it turns into about 16 hours by the time you include airport layovers and the like so we are very happy to hear that we might have some options in the future. Thanks for the good news.

BarryF,
    The Calgary flight is for Air Canada and if you wanted to fly Westjet you had to go through Toronto. Air Canada only started to fly direct out of Edmonton (Tuesdays) and Calgary (Saturdays) in 2008. They have cancelled the Edmonton run this year as it was too popular. This year they only offer the Calgary direct flight on Thursdays. This year neither Air Canada or West Jet had confirmed when and if they were flying to MoBay in 2011 prior to the April deadline for resort credits and early booking bonus so we booked on previous years experience and they cancelled the flight!

So we were stuck going through Toronto in order to keep our resort price and early booking benefits. Many people will not fly Air Canada and will put up with the Toronto Hub issues to avoid Air Canada. 199 days to go!!!
    Rose

Default Flights out of Calgary

Rose_dave:

The Flights out of Calgary are on Mondays at 8:00 AM for 2011 and for WestJet they are on Saturdays at 7:00 AM for 2011. AC is about $2600 return for 2 and WestJet is about $1500 for 2 direct to MoBay.

Quote Originally Posted by time4usnow View Post
    Rose_dave:

The Flights out of Calgary are on Mondays at 8:00 AM for 2011 and for WestJet they are on Saturdays at 7:00 AM for 2011. AC is about $2600 return for 2 and WestJet is about $1500 for 2 direct to MoBay.

This is true about AC flying on mondays, we just booked ours from cowtown Feb 28th. The only advantage sticking to AC is I don't believe WJ does first class where as AC does and we're paying $1800 1st class direct return to Cgy.

How did you get such a good price flying executive class? I just checked flying from Toronto and Tango Plus was $1700, taxes in.
    I'm baffled. What dates are you flying? We're going late February.

Sorry, just re-read your post that you're leaving a week after we're thinking of going. Was your price a sale price?

Sorry all, the only details I can give is that we're leaving Calgary on Feb 28 and back Mar 14th. Everything done by my longtime TA and as I understood everything was booked seperate as in flights bought seperate to the resort fees.
    Last edited by Travis & Cherie; July 30th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

Default soccer_dad

Westjet is flying direct out of Regina on Wednesdays I believe and Saskatoon on Sundays. Neither worked for us as we would lose the fantastic price and $500 credit we got for CN if we rebooked for those days. We are travelling to Calgary to catch a direct flight. I'm sorry but a 4/5 hour layover in TO just does not cut it for us.