Default Mail Delivery in Jamaica

OMG. I really hope I didn't make a mistake. I mailed my contract/deposit to Diana Campbell in Westmoreland, JA...over 3 weeks ago. As of this morning, she hasn't received it. Is this normal? I'm about to cancel the check and resend it via DHL. Am I worried for nothing? Has anyone had this issue?? Please, help!

I've seen postcards arrive in the states 3 weeks after we've returned from mailing them...

snail mail takes a long time to get to Jamaica.

they suggested to use register mails or UPS, Fadex... I will use Fadex.

Why are you even sending a deposit? We paid her in cash when she gave us our cd!

I would never send money for something until I had the goods, or at least seen a sample.
    I say cancel the check..As for Diana, she did my pics also, a beautiful job, and I paid for them when we got them.

Good Luck

I've never worked with a photographer or vendor who didn't require a contract and deposit to reserve the date and time. So, I'm not surprised by that and it's fair. I've never been to Couples, but I paid the deposit for the hotel. So, to answer your question, she sent me her contract and it requires a deposit to secure the date. I'm not sure if that something new for her or not. However, I did cancel the check and have worked with her to use DHL. If she doesn't receive this package, I guess I will either pay her the day of or I won't be using her.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Great news!! Diana received the second package via DHL. Advice to other brides, DO NOT SEND ANYTHING US MAIL TO JAMAICA!!!

Thanks for the head ups on the mail service!