Default So many answers, but yet another question!!!

Hi all,
    Getting married at CSA at the beginning of September - we've booked it quite late so it's all so exciting!!!
    First, this forum is fantastic, thanks so much everyone already - I had about 10 squillion questions and most have been answered already on here. I still have one question though. What are the vows used in the service and do you get to choose different vows or change them at all?
    Thanks!
    Victoria

Default vows

Hi, the vows are on the couples website wedding faq's link.. they are very traditional, do you take (Insert name) to have and cherish and all that. You cannot change the vows but you can add your own at the end. I looked up weddings at couples resorts on you tube and there are lots of videos to check out!
    ~Shawna

Check out our wedding video on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0gxXmMq5Q
    If you turn it up you should be able to hear the ceremony from beginning to end. We just used what they gave us and didn't even know it ahead of time, but it was just fine for us. We didn't add our own vows, but we could have. We just wanted it short, sweet and simple... and it was. The entire thing takes about 10 minutes beginning to end, vows, rings, kiss and all.

That's great - thanks all!

Thanks!

jamaicamecrazy- thanks for sharing your video. I just love your dress do you mind sharing where you bought it from. Beautiful ceremony, thanks again for sharing

I've looked at a few videos and they all seem to be quite religous. I thought that it was going to be a non-religious thing. Does anyone know if you get to choose or do you have to have the religous one?
    Thanks!

You are married by a minister. It is not a judge or justice of the peace so the ceremony will be religious.
    Vicky

sunstarsmoon - Thanks! My dress was actually made. I couldn't find what I envisioned, so I had a local seamtress make it for me. That saved me a lot of movey over buying an actual "wedding gown" and gave me the beach simplicity I wanted.

Tor - Only you can decide if the cermony is too religious for you. We're not religious, but we didn't find it over the top or any "holier than thou" attitude like you'd get in a church you didn't attend regularly. The minister was so extremely sweet and kind and joked around before hand with my DH. He wasn't stuffy at all. We were totally happy with the whole thing.
    If you want no religious words at all you might have to look for other alternatives. I think Jamaicans tend to take weddings in a religious context. It's not a Couples only thing.

Thanks for the replies. It's not exactly a deal breaker (it's a bit late anyways if it were!!!). If I had the option I'd go with a non-religious but I'm fine with what I've seen in the videos on you tube. Like you say, it doesn't seem too stuffy or OTT.

Five weeks tomorrow and we'll be at CSA getting married - can't wait!!!

Five weeks Tor - congrats not long now!

jamaicamecrazy - maybe I might look into that option as well!

New one here 10/5/10 Is there anything a bride should think of that the resort will not handle. We will be by ourselves, so we will recruit witness and want to keep it simple as well. I am trying to think of wedding things to bring...cake topper would be one.

From what I've seen, they can provide witnesses if you don't have any with you. We won't - just the two of us All we're taking is our wedding outfits and rings. Keeping it simple and letting the gorgeous surroundings do their thing

The photographer and videographer can serve as the witnesses. They were ours.

Woo hoo - found out this morning that all the paperwork has arrived in Jamaica and been processed, so we're good to go Now counting the days...

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Woo hoo - found out this morning that all the paperwork has arrived in Jamaica and been processed, so we're good to go Now counting the days...
    Congrats! You can relax a little knowing it arrived safely!

Default Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Check out our wedding video on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0gxXmMq5Q
    If you turn it up you should be able to hear the ceremony from beginning to end. We just used what they gave us and didn't even know it ahead of time, but it was just fine for us. We didn't add our own vows, but we could have. We just wanted it short, sweet and simple... and it was. The entire thing takes about 10 minutes beginning to end, vows, rings, kiss and all.
    Wow, I just watched your video and am wiping the tears!Congratulations! How beautiful. We just booked our wedding at CSA for March 21st. Would you mind telling me where you got your dress. It is just what I'm looking for. Also, what time was your wedding?