Default Going to CTI in 5 weeks...

Hi everyone!
    My husband and I are going to CTI on Aug 17th. We have been soo excited but there have been a bunch of things going on there that have us a little less enthused. The horseback riding suspension and the reason why is very upsetting. You want to feel safe on vacation. I know that any trip has its risks but this is crazy. How was there no protection for those people? How safe are the resorts? Can that happen there? Also, even though people are saying that the beach is fine...I am still concerned. I don't want to seem spoiled but I have never been to the Caribbean. I envisioned blue water and living in New England I get enough rough and seaweed infested beaches. Can anyone that just got back or is going again help us out? I want to feel excited again.

We're in New England also. Don't worry, CTI is our home from home and this year will be our 8th trip to Couples. Just go, relax and enjoy.

Get excited. The resort is wonderful, the beach is fine the water is many hues of blue and clear. What happened on the excursion can happen anywhere. It was indeed unfortunate. But I have been robbed here in the states and have friends who have been mugged. I still did the power walks with Alford outside the resort and we went through some trails.
    Vicky

We just got back from CTI on Saturday night after 2 wonderful weeks. The beach is fine, water was very warm and clear. The resort is private and SAFE no outsiders can come in. This was our 10th trip to CTI and we have already booked for 2011.
    Dianavr

Quote Originally Posted by dianavr View Post
    We just got back from CTI on Saturday night after 2 wonderful weeks. The beach is fine, water was very warm and clear. The resort is private and SAFE no outsiders can come in. This was our 10th trip to CTI and we have already booked for 2011.
    I can't believe we missed each other--at least I think we did. I didn't meet any Diana's. I think this happened last year!
    Vicky

Thanks. You are right. I have also been robbed here. I just got nervous. We haven't been on vaca in a while and I wanted things to go well. Thanks for the encouragement!

We just came back! We were there July 21-25th! We had a ball! No Problem! We did the excursions (Dunns River, shopping, and catamaran) it was great! Enjoy yourself!!!! We are thinking about doing it again next year.

Please be VERY excited. It is an awesome resort. We went for a once in a lifetime trip 7 years ago and have been back every year since. That may be the biggest problem - it's hopelessly addictive. So laid back and romantic. We arrive on 24th Aug for 11 nights and have our Feb trip next year already booked. There are a whole world of fab resorts out there ... there must be a very good reason why people go back again and again. lots of people we've met at CTI have said "we've been to Sandals and it was really nice" but there they were back at CTI. !!!! Can't wait to get there - bag half packed now....

Jamaica is like any other country in the world. You will always find bad people no matter where you are. I give kudos to Couples for immediately putting the horse back excursion on hold until the security was satisfactory. You will have nothing to worry about when you are there. Relax. Enjoy. As Ringo Starr said "Peace and Love!"

Default Relax!

We were told to expect aggressive craft sellers, aggressive marijuana sellers, agressive beggars and terrifying traffic. We encountered none of these at the resort.

Off the resort, the guides pretty much steered us clear of the aggressive craft sellers at Dunn's River Falls. We saw one person selling marijuana in the Blue Mountains, but we were never approached. On the shopping excursion, a teenager asked us for some money to purchase his medicine. My wife asked him what the medicine was for, and he replied "Brain Sickness". The drivers were all very competent and safe.

In short, we felt completely safe on and off of the resort. Our safety was a priority for any of the excursion drivers and guides.

You will come back in August and wonder why you ever had the jitters.

we'll be there for our first time 26th-2nd!!!! started packing with the helpful tips on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Please be VERY excited. It is an awesome resort. We went for a once in a lifetime trip 7 years ago and have been back every year since. That may be the biggest problem - it's hopelessly addictive. So laid back and romantic. We arrive on 24th Aug for 11 nights and have our Feb trip next year already booked. There are a whole world of fab resorts out there ... there must be a very good reason why people go back again and again. lots of people we've met at CTI have said "we've been to Sandals and it was really nice" but there they were back at CTI. !!!! Can't wait to get there - bag half packed now....