Default Off Site Excursions at CSA ?

My fiance and I will be at CSA May 2011. I really wanted to do some excursions that i saw mentioned on some other threads that were more on the Ocho Rios side of Jamaica, like zip lining and the Dunn's River Falls excursion. Is there anything like this in the Negril area?

I have been to Negril 2X and went offsite the first time(newly married) but outside of Rick's Cafe, not this time. Takes WAY TOO LONG to get to Ocho Rios. We did Dunn's River and a raft float. Fun but if I knew just how long it took to get there and back I would not have done it. Too much time away from the beach and the alcohol. 7 mile beach is beautiful, you will love it.

Prestige Leasing & Tours Tour Rep: Jackie ext: 5325
    OPTIONAL TOURS IN & OUT OF NEGRIL

BLACK RIVER SAFARI & Y.S FALLS TOUR
    Experience the trip of a life time! Take an adventurous boat ride amdist rare plants and wild life down the Black River, Jamaica’s longest navigatable river. Then off to the spectacular YS Falls to take a plunge in the cool waters or be like Tarzan and do a rope swing.
    Sun, Tues & Thurs ……………………………………………. US$80.00pp
    With Appleton Estate Rum Tour ………………………………US$100.00pp

OCHO RIOS COMBO (Rafting/ Dunn’s River Fall)
    An unforgettable way to spend the day, glide gentle through 3 miles tropical splendor on a 30ft. bamboo raft, take a turn on Tarzan’s swing and enjoy a dip in the water, then it’s off to world renown romantic, picturesque, waterfalls the 600ft. Dunns River. Join the fun and climb to the top.
    Mon, Wed & Fri ……………………………US$125.00pp
    Rafting only ………………………………..US$90.00pp
    Dunn’s River only………………………….US$85.00pp

DUNN’S RIVER/DOLPHIN COVE
    Swim with – Dolphin kiss / foot push / dorsal pull and dance……………………US$295.00pp
    Encounter swim – guest swim with one dolphin they can dance and be kissed and caress by a dolphin…………………………………………………………………………….US$225.00pp
    Touch – guest can make friends, touch and have a close up experience with the dolphins…………………………………………………………………………...US$160.00pp

CANOPY ZIPLINE GLIDING TOUR
    Start in the heart of the jungle: take a look at the wild side over the great River that separates the two parishes. Travel across unique traverses with intermittent nature walks through the amazing rainforest, river cannon and mountains demonstrating the diversity of Jamaica’s landscape and history. The highlight of the tour, “inter-parish express” carries you at over 35mph and across 360 meters. The experience of gliding silently through a tunnel of tree leaves and branches (The Canopy) is the closest thing you will ever experience being a jungle bird. A Natural High!!!!!
    Daily……………………………………………………………………………US$87.00pp

ULTIMATE KAYAK
    Your tour starts as you ride the currents of your two miles course down the great river through the first rapids and disembark on a bamboo lined riverbank. You take a short hike to the launching pad to the first of the three traverses that takes you flying over 150ft through the forest canopy. The excitement continues as you paddle your way to the swing rope where you test your Tarzan skills or simply take a swim in the refreshing water before tackling the final cascades.
    Daily………………………………………………………………………………US$125.00pp

RHODES HALL HORSE BACK RIDING
    Stage 1 – 2 miles of beach ride inclusive of bird and crocodile watching by the lake and riding across the Rhodes Mineral Bay……………………………………………………..US$65.00pp
    Stage 2 – Takes you deep in the interior, where you will find a wide variety of assorted fruit trees. Travel through the beautiful bamboo grove, along a trail in the mountains, here you may pick seasonal fruits. On your return visit the ponds, one mile of beach inclusive of bird and crocodile watching by the lake then wade along the shores of the Rhodes Mineral Bay………US$75.00pp

HORSEBACK RIDE N’ SWIM
    More than a ride….Don’t miss this spectacular Mountains to the Sea Adventure. Ride through the beautiful Blue Hole Estate, through the lush evergreen mountains to the picturesque coastline. Travel through time as you pass the magnificent ruins of a 1700’s Sugar Estate. Feel the sensation of these magnificent creatures as they demonstrate their power while carry you through the warm Caribbean Sea. A true Jamaican Experience (except Wednesdays)……………………………US$75.00pp

RIDE THE WAVES- HORSE BACK RIDING
    Enjoy a 900 acre farm tour on horse back where you’ll see amazing Ostriches, enjoy feeding peacocks, pheasants rooster & ducks & wild life birds. Ride through hundreds of 70ft tall black olive trees that forms an orchard on both sides of the trail. The climax of the trip is the beach ride, then go into the water to ride the waves.
    Daily…………………………………………………………………………..US$65.00pp

4 x 4 JEEP SAFARI
    Witness the unseen beauty that makes Jamaica unique in a rugged 4x4 Land Rover. Experience the flavor of the local cultural whilst surround by the spectacular views. Stop at a former slave hospital converted into a church in 1846 and see the ruins of sugar factory dating back to 1700’s. Pause for breath at a river where you can take a refreshing dip and cool off.
    Daily ……………………………………………………………………….US$80.00pp

JAMAICA ZIPLINE ADVENTURE TOURS
    Your adventure starts with a wild 6x6 off-road safari. The excitement continues as you zip through the Jamaican rainforest on the longest and most thrilling zipline around. On your feet again, you’ll cross the 250 ft jungle bridge . (Unique to the tour ) Taste Jamaican delight grown in the garden.
    Don’t miss 1600 ft Big Timba the longest zipline in the Caribbean!!!!!.................. US$ 97.00 pp

ATV SAFARI
    Journey through the rugged dirt trails on easy handle 4 wheel bike, go up to 2,200feet above sea level and explore the unique mountains terrain. Ride through rural communities and see how the locals live.Daily…………………………………………………………………….US$95.00pp

RICK’S CAFΙ
    Negril’s premier gathering spot for sunset and cliff jumping. Live Reggae music 365 days a year…rain or sunshine If you haven’t been to Rick’s you haven’t been to Jamaica!
    Daily………………………………..4:00p.m…………………………..US$15.00pp
    Shopping and Rick’s Cafι’ only……3:00p.m…………………………..US$20.00pp

NEGRIL HILITE
    Get to know the town you spend your vacation, first go shopping (duty free, Arts & Craft). Then go through the country side to Negril lighthouse then off to Rick Cafι’ to watch the sunset and cliff diving. Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat…………………………………………………….US$30.00pp
    RIVER KAYAK SAFARI

Join us on a journey down Jamaica’s Great River known for her many moods, lazy pools and thrilling rapids. Reawaken that inner child as you test your Tarzan skills on our river rope swing or just simply relax and have a swim before paddling down stream with your nature explorer to the end of your river experience………………………………………………………US$70.00pp
    OPTIONAL TOURS
    Deep Sea Fishing………………………………………………………….……US$125.00pp
    River Tubing……………………………………………………………….…..US$70.00pp
    Sea Trek………………………………………………………………….…….US$80.00pp
    Caliche White Water Rafting………………………………………………….US$90/100.00pp
    Jamaica White Water Rafting…………………………………………….……US$90.00pp
    Jam-X Dune Buggy/Chukka Dune Buggy………………………………….…US$70.00pp
    River Kayaking …………………………………………………………….….US$ 70.00pp
    Royal Palm Reserve……….…………………………………………………..US$40.00 pp
    Gt. River Zipline Combo…………………………… ………………….….US$150.00 pp
    Gt. River Kayak…………………………………….. ……….………….….US$75.00 pp
    Gt. River Tubing……………………………………………….…………….US$75.00 pp
    Mountain Valley Bamboo Rafting…………………………….…………………….US$85.00 pp
    Cool Runnings Dunns River Fun Cruise……………………………………US$125.00pp

MYSTIC MOUNTAIN
    The coolest new tour ever!!! Tranopy/Dunns River………………………….………….US$195.00pp

COMPLIMENTARY!!!!!!!!
    Catamaran Cruise – Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat @ 4:00 p.m. RSVP (limited space)
    The Sands Shuttle – Wed, Thurs & Sat. @ 5:00 p.m. RSVP
    Margarittaville Shuttle – Wednesday @ 5:15p.m RSVP
    Unlimited Golf (18 holes green fees and round trip transfer)
    Bus departs G/H lobby @ 8:05 a.m. & 1:05 p.m.
    FREE SHOPPING SHUTTLES
    Mon & Fri - 2 p.m -2hrs
    Wed & Sat -10 a.m -2 hrs

Thanks so much!!! This is very helpful!!

We loved the Canopy Zipline tour. It was 1 1/2 bus ride to and from (all the way back to Montego Bay). The first question you should ask at the trip desk is how long it will take to get there. Ocho Rios is a very long ride. When we were there in May, a second Dolphin Encounter was being built on the road between Montego Bay and Negril. If it's completed, that might be a good option as well. Have fun!

Thanks for this great information!!! We'll be there in Dec!

my fiance and I will be at CSA agan mext May as well; with the fantastic scuba diving, there is really no reason to leave the resort!

dave

Has anyone been to YS falls. We were thinking of going to Dunn's river - but a few people have said it's a long ride from Negril (staying at CSA). How long is it? Is YS falls good as an alternative and how long it that journey? From the map it doesn't look too far!

I see there a complimentary Sands shuttle. What is Sands? Is it like Rick's? Where is it located?

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Has anyone been to YS falls. We were thinking of going to Dunn's river - but a few people have said it's a long ride from Negril (staying at CSA). How long is it? Is YS falls good as an alternative and how long it that journey? From the map it doesn't look too far!
    I think it is over an hour away, but it is very nice. You can zip line, river tube, you climb the side of the falls, but can go into them at various places. MUCH LESS CROWDED than Dunns.

There is also Mayfield Falls. Neither YSFalls or Mayfield are like Dunn's River. They are no better or worse, but very different from each other, and well worth the 1-1/2 hour ride to get to them. There is a smaller zipline tour at a newer attraction SE of Negril, but I can't recall the name of it. YSFalls also has a zipline, operated, I believe,by ChukkaBlue.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We did YS falls and LOVED it! You're only gone long enough to really enjoy the scenery and have fun. It's not an exhausting day like a lot of excursions. You really must get off the resort to fully experience Jamaica. I would highly recommend YS falls for a short excursion.

The dune buggy rides from chukka chukka are the best!
    You ride dune buggies in the mountains, on the beach, on tracks, all over the place...my husband thought it was great! And the dune buggies are really fast.
    It is a short ride to the facility (like 30-45 minutes) and you get really, really dirty!
    Loads of fun!!
    We are going to go again when we return!