Default CTI vs CSA (plese help, booking soon!)

My wife and I have never been to Jamaica (been to Mexico and Domincan Republic), we were wanting to know which one might more fit our style. We are in our early 30s (with a two year-old) and are still in our mid-20s (at heart) when not being parents. We were leaning towards CTI because we like the "Old School South Beach" style hotel. However, CSA looks great with the athletic complex. I've heard folks talk about how great the food is at CTI. Here's the kicker, we might or might not go AN at one of the private beaches. With that being said, it will not bother us if anyone is AN.

Do the pools allow "AN"? or just topless? Basically, would we be "out of place" at one more than the other if we didn't go "AN" or my wife topless??

We live near the beach at home so the beach, itself, is not that big a deal. . .we are pool people!! Assuming all the food at both places are great, where should we steer ourselves? Thanks!!

First of all, you came to the right place posting on this MB. I'm sure my answer will be just one of many you will receive.

AN facilities:

At Couple they have AN areas. In those areas, everyone is totally naked, no exceptions. At CTI the AN area is a small private island that you take a boat to get to. That island has a serious fan base, and you will find yourself very welcome there.

CSA has no AN facilities at all.

Women can sunbathe topless on the beach. It is not a big deal, and normally no one hardly even notices. Couples does not allow topless woman at the pools or bars though, nor do I think they want you swimming in the ocean topless. At CSA they like to keep the topless option to sunbathing on the beach.

At CTI you can sunbathe topless on the end of the pier.

The food is great at all the resorts... in fact at CSA and CTI the restaurants were all set up by the same chef, so the food at both resorts is very similar.

CTI is an awesome place, but so is CSA. We give a slight edge to CSA because we have developed a real fondness for the town of Negril.

Either way you can't go wrong. If you really want the AN option or the South Beach vibe then the choice is
    definitely CTI... I also don't think that CTI gets it's due credit here on the message boards. It is a wonderful place.

CSA has that wonderful beach, some great pools, and fantastic restaurants. For me the best part of CSA is the ability to hit the beach, take a left, and take in all the sights and fun that is the town of Negril. that's exactly what I'll be doing the week after Thanksgiving.

My wife and I will be making our 27th trip to a Couples resort in September, and we got married at CTI 13 years ago. Our September trip is to CSA, and we love them both. There is no AN at CSA, so that issue is mute there. CTI is AN only on the island, so you can completely avoid it if you want. CTI has been totally renovated in the last two years, has two beautiful pools, and the food is unbelieveable. If you are more pool people, CTI is the place. CSA is absolutely beautiful, and the athletic complex is fantastic, but it is mainly about the beach at CSA. Neither place would disappoint you, but based on your input, we'd recommend CTI.

If the beach is not your thing then choose CTI. CSA is all about the beach (which is why we exclusively go there).

Quote Originally Posted by copperdopler View Post
    My wife and I have never been to Jamaica (been to Mexico and Domincan Republic), we were wanting to know which one might more fit our style. We are in our early 30s (with a two year-old) and are still in our mid-20s (at heart) when not being parents. We were leaning towards CTI because we like the "Old School South Beach" style hotel. However, CSA looks great with the athletic complex. I've heard folks talk about how great the food is at CTI. Here's the kicker, we might or might not go AN at one of the private beaches. With that being said, it will not bother us if anyone is AN.

Do the pools allow "AN"? or just topless? Basically, would we be "out of place" at one more than the other if we didn't go "AN" or my wife topless??

We live near the beach at home so the beach, itself, is not that big a deal. . . we are pool people!! Assuming all the food at both places are great, where should we steer ourselves? Thanks!!
    Until I read that line which I superhighlighted, I was pretty much thinking 50/50, that either resort could fit the bill with each having it's various plusses and such. But since you're both pool people, then CTI definitely gets the edge here. CSA is a great and huge property, but even CSA regs will probably state that the pool scene in not a big draw at this resort, whereas it's a major strength at CTI, with two pools that draw good crowds at each, and is a source of social activity, especially the swim up bar pool.

When it comes to total nudity, you'll only find that on the island at CTI (there is none offered at CSA). As for topless, you probably won't see much of it at any of the pools at either resort, altho you do see it here and there on their respective beaches.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

CSA has no AN area. Topless is allowed but I have never seen anyone topless at a pool. Both pools are right next to two restaurants (each) so that might have something to do with it. I don't know if it is allowed at the pools or not, I would feel really uncomfortable being topless next to people who are sitting down to eat. I don't know why but it just seems wrong.

CTI does have an AN island but I believe you are required to be nude in that area so either you are nude and you use it or you aren't and you don't go over there. There is a pool and swim up bar on the island. I don't know about topless sunbathing on the main area of CTI.

One option is to go to CSA and do a trading places at CN. They do have an AN area but I am not sure if there is a pool in that area. The sports complex at CSA is really beautiful and never very crowded. I guess you need to decide which is more important and which you are more likely to use, AN or sports complex.

As stated CTI has an active pool scene, mostly at the swim up bar by the pier. The island is total nude except for hats, sunglasses and sunscreen. Topless is allowed ONLY at the end of the pier.
    Vicky

Thanks for the input everyone! We are booked for CTI from September 19th- September 26th. We are renewing our vows while there. We can't wait!