Default CTI Restaurants and picky eaters

If you or your spouse are a picky eater, and the other loves everything, did you go to all of the restaurants?

I'll admit I am the picky eater (no fish/seafood/chicken/pork/eggs/mushrooms...etc)

My FH loves everything. In looking at the menus online, there really isn't much if anything that I'd eat. The prime reason in me picking CTI is that it had a dinner buffet available nightly(The Patio), in which I like some of the things and the option of pasta or pizza.

I don't want to deprive my FH of the opportunity to eat at any of the wonderful restaurants, so did you go with them and suck it up?

Example there is nothing on the Bayside menu that I would eat or Verrandah for that matter. Could I go to the Bayside with him and just maybe ask for a plate of plain steamed or fried rice?

Maybe at the Verrandah I could just get a large salad?

Also this is probably the dumbest question, but what exactly is Beef Wellington? I tried asking people I know and they all said the same thing, it depends on where you get it from. Someone posted a picture of it, and it looked like a little steak with a tea biscuit around it.

Thanks!

I am also very picky. I don't eat anything that you listed except pork, then I also don't eat any fruit, bread, or breakfast foods, but I can eat jalapenos like candy.

I have never been to CTI, but at CSS I went to all the restaurants with my husband. I try to avoid buffet at all possible. There was always either salad, or steak or pasta. They made changes for me. I also tried some new things. I found I love ox tails.

The only meal I was not able to eat was breakfast. I did sit with my husband and drink a bloody mary every morning while he ate. I don't east any traditional breakfast foods. By the end of the trip the waitresses were used to it and saved me a salad from the night before so I could have breakfast.

I think you will find the staff very accodating. They were to me. My husband got to eat all the fish he wanted and I ate red meat.

Go with him to the restaurants. You can order things without sauces or just get a salad. Try some of the soups. They are amazing! The nice thing is, if you don't like it, so what, get something else. It is not a problem. Then after he eats or before you go to the restaurant, go to the Patio buffet.
    Vicky

It is perfectly fine to ask for just a big salad, or a plain steak without any sauces.

In my experience with couples,if you want/need something special, just ask. If it is withing their power they will make it happen.

But, that being said, don't be afraid to try something new. If you don't like, they will cheerfully bring you something else.

Have a great time!

There is nothing stopping you from going to a restaurant and the buffet. Many of us pass through the buffet before our dinner reservations, just to see what there is. Your only problem is time (what times are they serving to). You could always get a plate from the buffet and take it to the restaurant. Also, if you have a word with the chef he may be able to make you something special.

food in the US is so different then the food you are going to eat at CTI!!! We just got back from CTI last week... My advice is make reservations everywhere and try things... if you dont like them thats fine hit up the patio later!!! the veggie bar is GREAT and I dont normally like that kind of stuff but I loved it!!

I love the idea of beef Wellington as a steak with a tea biscuit around it! It actually does pretty much sum it up. To be more specific, however, beef Wellington is traditionally a tenderloin filet coated with mustard and and foi gras, then it's topped with some mushrooms or a mushroom glaze and wrapped in puff pastry. In other words, you've got the flaky crust, the creamy pate, the rich sauce and then the traditional filet, all combined into really one heck of a dish.

In looking at the menu at CTI, it looks like did alter it a bit and skipped the mustard and foi gras and made a pate/sauce out of ackee (a mild Jamaican fruit) with mushrooms and pumpkin puree, but don't hold me to that, as I'm only extrapolating from what I'm reading. It sounds fantastic to me, but I eat darn near anything. Depending on how they make it, they may or may not be able to serve you a "plain filet," but as was stated above, they are/were/most likely will be very accomodating.