Thread: scuba cert

Default scuba cert

I was wondering what is involved in the test for the resort scuba certification? My wife is does not think she can do it but I said she could. Any help would be great. Thanks.

You have to swim a few laps, watch a movie, do some lesson in the pool and then you can go out on a dive. To get PADI certified takes a little more work. It is very easy. Plus it is free to do the resort dive is free so if she doesn't like it she can stop and it's no big deal. It isn't a certification so there is no test or anything.
    Last edited by melody; July 11th, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks. I will let her know. 24 days left until we get to CSA!

If you are staying at CN the best advise I can give your wife is make sure "Sugar" is your instructor.

I see you are staying at CSA and, in my opinion, you will have the best instructor - Anthony!

Yes, Anthony is alot of fun! The resort cert starts at 8:30 (most if not all mornings) and is completely finished by around noon. 8 legs in the pool (much harder than I thought it would be) then video, then back to the pool with the scuba gear, then out on a 30 min 25ft dive. If you want to get PADI certified, it takes another 30 mins in the pool, another ocean dive, and a test ($250). You really have to sign up 24hours in advance, be at the dive shack at 8 sharp the day before you want to do it b/c they only let about 6 do it per day. It was great, I always wanted to do it, but finally made time for it. Nice experience. I was there last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Merzescorner View Post
    Yes, Anthony is alot of fun! The resort cert starts at 8:30 (most if not all mornings) and is completely finished by around noon. 8 legs in the pool (much harder than I thought it would be) then video, then back to the pool with the scuba gear, then out on a 30 min 25ft dive. If you want to get PADI certified, it takes another 30 mins in the pool, another ocean dive, and a test ($250). You really have to sign up 24hours in advance, be at the dive shack at 8 sharp the day before you want to do it b/c they only let about 6 do it per day. It was great, I always wanted to do it, but finally made time for it. Nice experience. I was there last week.
    how many days did it take you to get padi?