Default CN Gardenview Rooms

Hi, I am new to the Message Board. I will be booking a trip for this November to Couples Negril. We have never been to a Couples resort and we are really looking forward to it. I have read posts here on the message board as well as on Tripadvisor and everyone writes such great things about these resorts.

I have read many comments that suggest booking a Gardenview room at Couples and save the $$ to stay extra nights. The one question that I have about the Gardenview room is do they have a minibar/refrigerator? I see them listed on the other rooms but not under the Gardenview room.

Also...I have read that other than the gourmet restaurant, the dress code is pretty casual at the others. How casual is casual? Will capri's and shorts work for women? (Capri's in a la carte / shorts at buffets) Will shorts and golf shirts suffice for men? I really don't want us to overpack and pay for extra baggage charges on the airline if we aren't going to wear the clothes.

I appreciate any info that can be provided. Thanks!

I think that all rooms at CN have the mini Fridge....I'm sure others will respond to that. We had the oceanview room and I know it did and is one level above the garden view. We like the view from the ocean view, though it isn't much ocean, it is still beautiful, but the area where the garden rooms are is beautiful too.

As far as dress, you will get MANY responses. Last year we were in shorts and t-shirts and the t shirts were too casual for dinner at the other restaurants although we weren't turned away. I would have felt better with something a little nicer. Capris and a nice top for you and shorts/polo for him should be great except at Otaheite and obviously from your post you are aware it is dressier.

Have fun....it will be a WONDERFUL time. When are you going? We will be there 11/13-11/19.

Yes, the Garden View rooms have a minibar. They give you a "menu" and you can choose what you'd like them to put in it each day.

And I agree with your choice of a Garden View room. We got an ocean view two years ago, and had absolutely no view of the ocean. Just last month we got a Garden View and had a lovely view of the ocean in the distance. Plus, we had many species of bird visible from our balcony, including hummingbirds and woodpeckers. So beautiful!

It's my unerstanding that all rooms now have the mini-bar.
    We stayed in a Gardenview room when we were there 10 years ago and loved it enough to book the same room again for this years trip.

Shorts and a golf shirt are perfectly acceptable for all but the nicest restaraunt at all of the Couples resorts. Capris and a nice top for you will be fine.

And while we're talking about packing - In case you haven't heard yet pack 2 or 3 bathing suits (if you wear them) as they don't dry so fast in the humid tropical air.

You will have a wonderful time at CN. Take lots of bathing suits and coverups...you'll undoubtedly spend all day in those. I wore mostly sun dresses in the evening, my husband (who is a jean man) wore jeans and a nice shirt in the evenings and dressier for Otaheite.

Default CN Gardenview Room

Thank you all so much for getting back to me so quickly.

I am going to book the Garden view room and save money to book the extra night.

We will also pack several bathing suits each. Thanks for the tip!

We will be there from Oct 30th through Nov 5th.

I am getting excited because it sounds like we are going to have a great vacation.

Not to pile on to what's already been said, but we recently stayed in a Gardenview Room and absolutely loved it. Quite frankly, I loved looking into the tropical foliage and surrounding a beautiful pond. I could easily walk to the beach to see the ocean. That's just my opinion however.

As far as the Otaheite goes, you have all of the info you need from the other posts. I would just like to say, book this and dine here. You'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxtus View Post
    Not to pile on to what's already been said, but we recently stayed in a Gardenview Room and absolutely loved it. Quite frankly, I loved looking into the tropical foliage and surrounding a beautiful pond. I could easily walk to the beach to see the ocean. That's just my opinion however.

As far as the Otaheite goes, you have all of the info you need from the other posts. I would just like to say, book this and dine here. You'll love it!
    We stayed 7 nites at CTI with a Premier Ocean View room, then 4 nites at CN with a Garden View room. Now obviously there's no denying that the stunning view of the beautiful Carribean from our balcony at CTI was to die for. Yet we found the view of the the foliage and pond you described at CN a refreshing variation as well. Besides, as you stated, you're just steps away from the beach no matter what, so in my book, the OP made a very good decision with saving the coin and getting the extra nite by booking the Garden View. That was our reasoning and we're so glad we did.

Oh, and I couldn't agree more about Otaheite, my personal favorite restaurant of them all.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I just had to jump in and say we have just returned from CN. The main reason we love the place is because during the day it is ultra casual-bathing suit and a cover-up to eat. At night you could wear shorts and a top for dinner-no problem but I found it is so warm at night and with the many outdoor eating places- a sundress is so comfortable. You never feel out of place. It really is stress free. Oh and the gardenview room is the VERY same as all the other rooms except the suites. You are going to love it!

Hi Kebopat-
    We'll be at CN Oct 29-Nov 5. Hope to see you there! This will be our 4th return "home" to CN.
    We've stayed in Deluxe Garden, Deluxe Beachfront & Beachfront Suite. We have a Deluxe Garden booked for this trip. I think you'll be very happy in this room category.
    We travel with carry-on only so we pack pretty light. Several swimsuits & coverups, 1 nice outfit for the Repeaters Dinner/Otaheite and a mix of sundresses/shorts/nice tops for dinner. Hubby likes to wear shorts/flowery shirts to dinner.
    I hope you enjoy CN as much as we do
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

We just booked for a week in February and went with the cheapest room.. we are barely there anyways, especially when you are in Negril with such a beautiful beach.

We stayed in an ocean view our first trip. Next year we booked a garden view to save the money. You won't be disappointed in any room I believe.

I wore cargo shorts and some sort of t-shirt everynight to dinner except when we went to otehite. I wore decent t-shits not cutoff shirts and what I call work shirts.

Gardenview Room: Yes there are now minibars in this room catagory
    Dinner Clothes: Yes you can wear capri's or shorts to dinner everywhere except Oteheti. We are taking our 5th trip this Dec. I always wear capri's or shorts and my husband usually wears shorts and Hawaiian type short. That is one of the things we love about Couples. We don't like getting all dressed up all the time. We like relaxed and casual. You will have a vacation of your life, enjoy, relax and reconnect

Default CN Gardenview Rooms

Hi Cubbyblu

We will be there at the same time as you. We are arriving on Sat Oct 30th and leaving on Friday Nov 5th. Hope we do meet you. I am really looking forward to this trip!