Default Should first-timers attend resort orientations?

We are planning our first trip to Couples in September. Should newbies attend the resort orientations, or can you get by without them?

Definitely yes.

I believe they offer it twice a day. You may want to miss the first one if you've been travelling all day because you'll be too tired to appreciate it. But it'll let you know what all the resort has to offer.

I would attend the orientation. It does not take that long and I think it is worth the time. There are a lot of things at the Couples Resorts that are tucked away and not obvious and you might never come upon unless you take the orientation.

It is a good time also to meet some of the nice people who work at the resort.

Annarundel

Yes, newbies and even repeaters who may not have taken it before should attend. It's very informative and not only do you meet some great Couples employees, but you also make friends with other newbies! It's very helpful.

How long does it take, you know if you only have six days there time is precious!

Yes - we did and thought it was worth the time.

Default Absolutely!

Not only do you learn special stuff about the resort, but you are introduced right away to some super staff members (usually someone on the entertainment staff who you will be proud to call a friend) and you meet some of the other "first timers". See...you have an instant circle of friends right off the bat! Also, you will get a grand overview of what all is available to you, the times these things are offered, and how to get included. Go. It's fun and very beneficial.

We attended last year, on our 5th trip to CTI, since we hadn't been back since the remodel.

It's quick and informational...and you can carry a drink.

I would. We did and it helped know what was what. A couple we arrived on the bus did not and when we saw them a couple of days later they were confused and did not know about lots of cool stuff.

I agree, if it is your first time, take the orientation.

Absolutely, if for nothing else than to get the free drink. Oh wait, they're all free. Well, that's something you'll learn when you take the tour, so don't miss it!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We were newbies in May of this year at CSS. We attended the orientation the first morning there and it only lasted 40 minutes. Well worth it for the resort at CSS. I was a little disappointed the orientation started with a 5 minute sales pitch for one of the excursions. I didn't attend to hear sales pitches.
    Have fun!!
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

Definitely do the resort orientation ASAP after you arrive .... they are at 5:00 pm & 10:00 am daily. Saves you a lot of time later because you know how everything works & where everything is so you can jump right into swing of things without missing a beat. Plus, you get to meet some of the staff & start mingling with the other guests so by the time you're done, you don't feel like a newbie at all.
    Julie

Most people recommend it. We did not. I don't think I missed much though. I just explored the place from end to end. Most of the information, layouts and schedules are listed on the couples website as well. I did more research probably than most people.

I would even if a repeater as things change. There are so many activities, restaurants etc. You don't want to learn about something really great that you did not get to enjoy right as you are leaving the resort.

We didn't and did just fine. As long as you can find a bar your all good!!

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Most people recommend it. We did not. I don't think I missed much though. I just explored the place from end to end. Most of the information, layouts and schedules are listed on the couples website as well. I did more research probably than most people.
    We were the same way last year...missed the 5PM one and in the morning got up and ate breakfast and walked all over all by ourselves and by 10 am didn't feel like we needed it. By being on the message board, I knew about turning in towels daily, the catamaran cruise, glass bottom boat, how to sign up for water sports, etc. Maybe would have learned something but felt like we were comfortable with what we needed to know by ourselves. Might do it this year if the time is right. I think it depends on the couple.

I would, you get a chance to meet other couples, which is nice.

Of course saying that, we never attended our orientation on our first trip, and I learned new things on our 4th that I think are covered in the orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Yep, this was us, plus I wanted to get in as much as possible & love being able to have a drink in my hand whenever/where ever!

where are they held?

Default Yes, but as soon as possible

If you are there for a few days and you haven't gone through the orientation, I don't think it's worth it. However, I highly recommend the orientation.

Definitely attend, it is well worth the time. We missed many things our first visit to COR because we didn't go on the orientation. It is well worth the hour that it takes.

I would recommend it. I did MONTHS of research into CN before we left. Knew just about everything there was to know. The one thing you don't know, is exactly where things are. We did exploring the first time we went, but it was still a lot of fun. Plus you get to meet other newbies to the resort. You can make a lot of friends. Have a wonderful vacation.