Hybrid View

Default ARGGGH! Am Airlines Cancelled my non-stop flight to mtb for November!!!

Seriously, they cancelled my non stop flight from DFW into montego bay for November. Im so frustrated as now we have to connect in Miami, deal with check ins, and the friggn inconvenience!!! We have to get up hours earlier, like the night before, and they dont give an explanation or comps...We had this trip booked for months!

UPDATE:::: We checked with the airlines and were misinformed! Apparently they just changed to certain days like you guys mentioned. It was a small inconvenience because we had to change our days there and back, sitter, etc. but all in all we will be flying non-stop still. Thanks for all the input
    Last edited by timandlisa; July 20th, 2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: had incorrect info on title

They have not, it depends on day of the week. Our Saturday Departure and Return flights are non-stop to and from DFW.

Are you sure? When I booked our trip last year I found that AA was only flying direct Sat, Sun & Mon so I had to adjust our days a bit. Just looked at December 2010 and it appears AA is still flying direct from DFW on Sat, Sun and Mon.

Amy

The market slows down around that time of year & the airlines are cutting less profitable flight routes. The bad ecomomy is causing less vacation travelers nowadays.

We had the same thing happen to us. We were supposed to leave out of Kansas City on Friday morning, fly to DFW, then straight to Montego Bay. We booked last October for travel this September. About a month ago I got online to check our reservation and found out that we had to go through Miami and instead of getting to MBJ at 2:30pm, we weren't going to get in until 8:15 pm that night!! We opted to leave Thursday night and have an overnight layover in Dallas so we get in at a decent time on Friday, but I'm still disappointed that they did this. It's not going to be fun getting up at 3:30am that Friday mornign to take our stuff back over to the airport for a 5:40 flight, but it is what it is.

Our return flight to DFW in October was changed last month from non-stop to a connection in Miami

Wooohoo,ok it was misinformed to us although we still had to adjust our plans So american cancelled our flight day but they are still goin out on certain days sooo.we had to move our arrival and departure dates...so,no connecting!! But,different days....its ok though once we arrive all the worries will be fogotten Thanks to all that replied We Double checked and were able to move the days...Until then

we got to experience that this year. with the Northwest/Delta merger we lost our non stop down, got our return flight cancelled by a day. airlines are getting horrible and with so few of them and no competition the non stops are going away even if they were always full.

more stops = more bucks for them.....blah

Randy

No offense but there are worse things. This will be the first time that we have had a direct flight to MoBay, as this is the first year that there has been direct flights out of Orlando. And before anyone tells me about AJ having direct flights, yes they did have them listed on there website for a while, but every time I went to book they would be changed and send you out of Miami.

Yes it is a hassle, but it is not that big of a deal, yes you have to get up early so sleep on the plane, yes you have to deal with customs and re-checking you bags on your return, not on your way there. So when you arrive in Miami, find a bar have a few drinks and think of paradise.

And no disrepect, but I am not sure what kind of comps you are looking for. Be glad that they didn't just cancel your flights completely. I read a post on TA from someone that had booked their honeymoon (or maybe here) months in advance, their flights were on Air Trans and Air Trans canceled their flights. They can fly out the day before originally planned or three days later. The problem with the day before is that is their wedding day. They have been fighting with Air Tran to get a refund so they cann book on another airline. So see it could be a lot worse.

Default Flight Changes

We are experiencing similar inconviences - however it is mainly affecting our return.

Whenevr we fly American, we have to spend the night both directions because the flight times/choices are so few from our local airport so no biggie - just have to leave a little earlier than originally planned on the way home....

Still going to paradise so life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    No offense but there are worse things. This will be the first time that we have had a direct flight to MoBay, as this is the first year that there has been direct flights out of Orlando. And before anyone tells me about AJ having direct flights, yes they did have them listed on there website for a while, but every time I went to book they would be changed and send you out of Miami.

Yes it is a hassle, but it is not that big of a deal, yes you have to get up early so sleep on the plane, yes you have to deal with customs and re-checking you bags on your return, not on your way there. So when you arrive in Miami, find a bar have a few drinks and think of paradise.

And no disrepect, but I am not sure what kind of comps you are looking for. Be glad that they didn't just cancel your flights completely. I read a post on TA from someone that had booked their honeymoon (or maybe here) months in advance, their flights were on Air Trans and Air Trans canceled their flights. They can fly out the day before originally planned or three days later. The problem with the day before is that is their wedding day. They have been fighting with Air Tran to get a refund so they cann book on another airline. So see it could be a lot worse.
    Lol Blondie, yes there are worse things in life, and as far as comps it goes way beyond this circumstance lol. Regardless, the situation is fixed, we are flying non stop just had to change the days

We went through the same thing when Delta canceled all non stops into MoBay a few years back. The worst part was they put us on the flight out. Well that didn't work and we called and complained and got it changed so that at least we were on the first flights out.
    Vicky

Default check your American Airlines reservations ASAP for changes

Tim and Lisa,

A big thanks for bringing to everyone's attenion about the reservation changes with American Airlines. We haven't checked our reservation since we made them in February. After seeing your message, we went online and found out that they had done a lot of changes to our schedule. So far we are having to change the day we start our journey and now flying from Dallas to Miami to Montego Bay. Instead of from Dallas to Montego Bay. Plus we are having to leave Montego Bay on our return flight about 4 hours earlier. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by timandlisa View Post
    Seriously, they cancelled all non stop flights from DFW into montego bay for November and maybe forever? Im so frustrated as now we have to connect in Miami, deal with check ins, and the friggn inconvenience!!! We have to get up hours earlier, like the night before, and they dont give an explanation or comps...We had this trip booked for months!
    OMG the nerve of the airlines may a pox fall upon their house ....
    now doesnt that make you feel better ?

Lol, umm actually what makes me feel better is knowing were on a nonstop flight now! Woo hoo...thank you airlines...

Did the same to flights in December. As it looks now, we will not arrive until 9:15 on 12/2, which is not fun. We may have to change our dates if they still fly direct on Saturday, Sunday and Monday from DFW.