Default Horseback Riding Returns to CTI?

Gary Stephens posted a response to a related thread on Trip Advisor stating...

15. Re: No more horseback riding at CTI.
    Jul 15, 2010, 2:26 PM

COUPLES Tower Isle includes horse back riding in our all inclusive package and has resumed our rides from Wednesday 14 July 2010.

Gary Stephens
    Vice President of Operations
    COUPLES resorts.

He later added this bit of information about the incident...

17. Re: No more horseback riding at CTI.
    Jul 15, 2010, 4:17 PM
    From the reports that i have read -

10 guests from CTI were finishing a horse back ride. One man came out of the track and asked the last 4 riders to hand over a camera and money. (4 dollars). Which they did.

The man said he had a gun but no one can positively say if he did or what type of gun it was.

Some of the guests (on the tour) were apparently unaware of the incident until it was over.

COUPLES suspended the tour until we were assured that increased security/guides was added.

No further incidents have been reported before or since.

It is extremely unfortunate that this occurred at all and our guests were understandably shaken but unhurt.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; July 16th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Why was the other thread deleted and will this one be?

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    Why was the other thread deleted and will this one be?
    My guess is they wanted to conclude the investigation and not cause panic... we did the Plantation horse back ride the first year we went... I wont again just because i am not a fan of horses.... the views are gorgeous though...

So bottom line, will there be horseback riding in Nov 2010?

Since the original post was removed, I assume that the issue has been resolved and horseback riding has been resumed. Certainly hope so as that was one of the reasons for selecting CTI (Nov 2010).

scottnkim- were you able to get any pictures? I'm curious to know if I'll be able to take any while riding...i'm thinking not because of needing to hold on, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by andreanmickey View Post
    scottnkim- were you able to get any pictures? I'm curious to know if I'll be able to take any while riding...i'm thinking not because of needing to hold on, lol.
    When we did the plantation ride, we took photos and they took photos--with their photographer and then with our camera. They also had available at the end of the ride a CD we could purchase ($15, I think) and it had photos of us and around the plantation. It made a nice suvenier that we could use to print photos from also. You could preview the CD before purchase at the plantation.
    Vicky

We went on the horseback tour in March and you get plenty of opportunity to take pictures because they do stop at times and even help you take pictures. It was very enjoyable. The views are fantastic and they also give a very educational information about their native fruits, etc. Hope they fix whatever went wrong so that others can also enjoy it again.
    Karin

Default We took lots of pictures....

Hi, Last year when on a horse trip (while at CN), we took lots of pictures. We found it to be a slow walk and plenty of opportunity to take pictures of the beautiful country side. Sure it would be the same on the CTI/CSS side. Enjoy...

Default Need Horseback Riding!!

This is something that my husband and I have ALWAYS wanted to do and was a main deal maker/breaker for choosing this resort. We will be there in the beginning of Oct. If anyone has any more info on whether the Horseback Riding is still included, please let me know. I'll keep checking. Fingers crossed!

We loved the horseback ride! Yes, plenty of opportunity to take pics. I also videoed a lot of it--it's a very cool excursion and, yes, the views are amazing. I highly recommend it and hope it's available as my daughter arrives tomorrow for her wedding! (we married at CTI in Sept. 1997).

Can anyone confirm it's available again?
    Terri
    Married at Couples Tower Isle Sept. 20th, 1997
    Returned for our 8th wedding anniversary in 2005