Default Looking for an update on road construction from MoBay to Negril

Hey there.
    Headed home to CN in mid August. We really enjoy the bus ride to and from the resort. Great way to see parts of Jamaica. Been reading about major construction on the roads from MoBay and that CN is sending people back to the airport 6 hours before flights because of it. We are ready to book a one-way flight with Tim Air back to MoBay on our day of departure so we don't have to leave CN so early. Can anyone give me an update on the construction? Also been reading that you can take a later shuttle 4 hours prior if you sign a waiver. Has anyone missed a flight by taking the later bus? Thanks! Can't wait to get home!!

Sarah
    Charlotte, NC

We were just there in June and it only took 1.5 hrs each way from the airport to the hotel. I did not see any major construction on the highway at all as far as I know it is all completed.

Of course the airlines ask you to be at the airport 3 hrs prior to departure so that is why they make you leave so early. It did take quite a while to get through security now as well (around 45 minutes) and that is not counting the waiting in line to check in so I would not leave it too close to departure to get to the airport just in case lol...I would not worry the transfer was painless.

We were just there last week and had no construction problems or delays at all. On our return trip from the resort to the airport- we left at 8:30 A.M. for a flight that left at 12:30 so I didn't think that was bad at all.

I signed the waiver a few weeks ago and had no problem. Our flight left at 12:07 PM and they had us scheduled to leave at 7:15 A.M. I signed the waiver and we caught the 8:15 shuttle. We were at the airport by 9:35 A.M. I am SO glad we did that.

At the same time, I guess we could have hit some nasty traffic and been screwed. CN just doesn't want that responsiblity and I don't blame them.

Default road construction.....

just returned from CN on Thursday 7/15. The road construction appeared to be about 15-20 km outside of Montego Bay. Traffic was heavy around this area but we passed thru early in the morning. I didnt even notice the construction when we headed down to the resort only on the way back.

our plane arrived at 2 pm Saturday afternoon. several flights arrived the same time we did, so getting thru customs & immigration took a while. we were sipping cocktails at CN by 5 pm. the ride from the airport took approx 1.5 hours.
    Our flight home left at 12 noon. We had to have our bags ready at 6 am and our bus left at 7:15 am. The ride back to the airport only took 1 hour 15 min.

When we were there last year at the height of the road construction they scheduled us for the shuttle that was 4.5 hours before our flight. Didn't run into any traffic and got to the airport with about 3 hours to kill.

Didn't notice construction on the way TO Negril in May... but on the way back to the airport, there was a detour around a construction zone that took us through the MoBay metro sewage processing plant (yummy)... very uneventful, though...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"