Default Patiently waiting.........

Okay so, we have booked our trip to CSA way early. We are set to go in 268 days. our first trip alone since we married 10 years ago. With the economy like it is, we have been generally untouched. my husband owns a repair shop and we have been lucky enough to be so busy that we have even hired new people this year to keep up. We are only now starting to feel the pinch from our nutty michigan economy. Between gas and groceries and crazy medical bills for our daughter who, has a severe immune system problem that requires weekly Iv treatments. Without the treatments, she can die but they are crazy expensive. I am working with the local government to put her on a state aid insurance for kids with severe health problems, that will cover the $2000.00 a week treatments but just really feeling stressed. I just thought that I would sound off, and try to just calmly remember that in all things god will provide. I miss you tommy, and everyone else who talks and tells all about there day. I am very hopeful that we will still be able to go on our trip and patiently waiting for.........our much needed break.

As you said, "God will provide". Hang tough and keep your eyes on the good going on and not the bad. Perhaps in the meantime until you get to Couples, take a weekend break just the two of you and spend some time together. I find that when I can have some alone time and sit and talk with Scott that it seems to ease the stress.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My thoughts are with your family! I hope we get to meet you guys at CSA... we will be there in 275 days!!
    -Otter,

Goodygirl: We raised a daughter with special needs. She is now living in a residence, not that far from us. During the early, really scary, unsure times, we found that getting an advocate was a big help. It is the duty of an advocate to sort of be the middle person between your daughter and the bureaucracies that surrounds the available help that is out there. In our case, the advocate would attend all the meetings that we had, with doctors, therapists, school committee and so forth. They have the clients best interests in mind.
    There may be an agency, or an office or some other place that this advocate could help you to find. It's worth a shot.

We know only to well the daily pressures that you are under. Just focus on the day that you are in. Not yesterdays woes, or tomorrows promises, be there each day.

I wish only the best for you. And keep CSA booked as long as you can. It is terrific motivation.

Richie

thanks crabracer and all the rest of you, for all the info I am checking into the advocate. Nice to know that I am not the only one out there going through this.