Thread: Beach parasol

Default Beach parasol

Hello everyone

We will be at CSA in the middle of august. I've read a lot of comments about how hard it is to get a spot in the shade on the beach. Seems like you have to get up very early in the morning to get a shaded spot. Is it true even in august??
    Would it be a good idea to bring our own beach parasol??
    Thanks
    Alain

We've been to CSA four times, all in peak season. We've always been able to find a shady spot under palm trees, and they have recently planted even more palm trees along the beach. We were there in February and saw them planting a few very mature trees. Now the palapas, that's another story. But if you're just looking for shade, you shouldn't have trouble finding a tree. Plus the beach bars are shaded - great place to get out of the sun!

I think Randymon made a comment on another thread as well saying that it is not allowed to bring your own.

Didn't they put up some shade thingy's recently hanging between the trees.
    Vicky

No need to bring your own. There is always room in the shade. It will be HOT, HOT, HOT in August.

Life is good

always there in august....i will never tell my secret!LOL

It really depends on what you mean by shade. If shade means "out of the sun... in the shadow" then don't worry about getting up early. There are palm trees on the beach and you can move your chairs so they are in the shade. If, on the other hand, you need a palapas (an over sized umbrella sort of thing that creates artificial shade) you're going to have to get up early in the morning. Frankly, CSA has one of the best beaches in the world with lots and lots of palm trees. You might have to drag a chair into the shade, but if you're willing to be a little flexible, even if you have a sun allergy, you should be fine.