Default A bit of an embarassing question....

Ok, so my husband and I have booked our first trip to Couples for September 2011! We have decided on CN! I know I have plenty of time to ponder this, but.... I was just wondering, how do you keep from getting chaffed, irritated in the bikini area if you are in a wet suit all day? especially if you are newly "groomed"?

simple use their AN beach and your problem is a non issue see how simple that was ...

Well.... I thought about this. My hubby really wants too. I love being naked, but really nervous about it. It makes me a little nervous that others on the public beach walking by will be able to see. This may be silly, but one of my concerns is... what if one of those people decide to snap a picture and I end up on the internet somewhere? (I'm a bit of a worrier, lol). I'm sure I would never know and don't know why they'd want a pic of me, but...? I'm on the AN message board daily, do I am definitely curious. The people who frequent it sound wonderful. I know they say that stretch marks and all of interesting features that make our body unique don't matter, but I am a little self concious about the few I have! I also have a 5 month old and I'm nursing. Even though I am still in my twenties, things aren't quite as perky as they were! It makes me a little sad! With that being said though, I have lost 24 lbs, looking pretty decent, and still plan on losing 15 more! I want to be able to let loose for all this hard work! Part of me is like... I don't know, I probably shouldn't. The other part is like, what the hell, you're on vaca, in Jamaica! We'll see what side wins out! I've still got a while to ponder.... Can't wait! BTW, I'm planning on being able to fit into these bikinis I bought for inspiration to lose weight, so I'll need to wear them sometime! he he!

You really don't stay wet all the time,the breeze helps to dry you off rather quickly..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Quote Originally Posted by meg&clay11 View Post
    I was just wondering, how do you keep from getting chaffed, irritated in the bikini area if you are in a wet suit all day? especially if you are newly "groomed"?
    .... There is a product called "Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel" that I just got, but haven't tried yet.

Wax a couple of days before your trip so your skin won't be as sensitive. U

Default If you are not into the AN scene....

Get a bikini wax.....I find that works well for the entire trip and we stay in Jamaice for 10 or 11 nights!

http://www.monistat.com/soothing-care-powder-gel

best product ever, for those of us who prefer to keep the suit on

I have thought about waxing. I'm afraid it would be a bit painful. I get my eyebrows waxed and that doesn't hurt, but we all know the bikini area is definitely more sensitive. If I did it, I would probably go all the way and just get it all waxed off. I hate that a razor gives you bumps and it only looks clean like the first day, then starts to grow back. Maybe TMI? lol. Does anybody know how much a brazilian cost about? Thanks everyone for the answers. I would like to try the products also and my husband would probably be interested in using those too.

I use Magic and it works great. No bumps or rash. You can find it at Walgreens or the like in the men's hair removal section. If you are concerned with a reaction to the chemicals there is a sensitive skin option. I have very sensitive skin and it works great for me. Your hubby can use it too.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Highly recommend the wax!

I starting getting brazillians about 4 years ago and I will NEVER EVER go back to shaving. The first couple of times it is a little painful/uncomfortable, but the hair starts thinning out and you start getting used to it, from then on it is just slightly bothersome in some spots and feels like nothing in others. A couple of words of advice:

~Do not go to a nail/hair salon, especially for your first time. Go to a place that either specializes in waxing or is a full day spa. They will have professionals that will make the experience as comfortable as possible.

~Make sure to use a softwax with strips for your first time. It is much quicker and in my opinion much less painful. Shouldn't take any more than 10 or 15 minutes. The hard wax takes MUCH longer.

~My first few times I took a couple of advil and/or tylenol about a half hour before hand. If you are super worried or find yourself with a lot of anxiety a shot of tequila or some other liquid courage will help (although many would say alcohol is a bad idea, it was the way I got through the first couple of times without a problem- now I don't even need the advil/tylenol).

~Expect to spend $65ish plus tip. A lot of places offer first timer incentives of like $5-15 off.

Hope that helps and trust me when I say it is TOTALLY worth it. Anyone that I have ever known that has gone wax doesn't go back to shaving.

PS...have fun at Couples!!

Thank you all so much! I can hardly contain my excitement about visiting couples and I still have over a year to go! What will I do with myself?! Is the Magic anything like Nair? That stuff breaks me out. It seems worth a try. Thanks for the advice with the Brazilian! That's great info. Is it one of those things you have to continue to keep up on a regular basis? or whenever you choose to do again? I think that's the way I'd like to go. More worried about the being uncomfortable with someone down there....

Waxing is the way to go - I love my waxing lady - and I have had several that make me feel completely at ease. I like to keep mine up - sometimes I get lazy during the winter but if you keep it up long enough then eventually it gets less and less. Mine just charges me for touch ups and not the full on price every time.

Meg~

You can choose to keep it up or not. It is easier (read less painful) if you do keep it up, but there have been times that I haven't for 4 or 6 months at a time for one reason or another and it's not a problem whatsoever.

As far as the comfortability factor about someone being "down there," they are professionals and do it all day long, so they have seen it all. They will talk to you throughout the whole time and keep it comfortable. It would be a stretch to say that you won't think about it, but they know how to distract you pretty well.

Also a couple more things that I thought of:

~Trim all the hair down to about 1/4 of an inch before your first time.

~The parts of the waxing that you think are going to hurt the most, actually hurt the least and vice versa.

~For your first time especially, I would recommend leaving a small "landing strip" and that middle part is actually the most painful area (for me anyway) by far.

~My hair grow relatively slowly, so I really only have to go once every six to eight weeks. Most do it once per month....either way better then needing to shave every or every other day! Plus the benefit of a beautiful bikini line...WELL worth the $$$

Good luck and happy waxing! If you are like everyone else I know you probably won't be back to shaving.

We do not visit the AN beach but if you are considering it: please, please, please try it on your first day there. Better to try it on the first day for a few reasons. 1) you will hate it and be glad you found out on the first day. you won't be wondering all trip. 2) from what I have read on here, you more likely will love it and spend your whole trip there. better to find that out on your first day than your last day and regret not trying it earlier!

Thank you all sooo much for all the great info. When the time comes, I am definitely going to get waxed! (If not before then!) Loveload, thanks for the advice about the landing strip. I was thinking of leaving one anyways. I wouldn't have thought that part would hurt the worst!

Let me tell you about my topless experience. I was at CN last December. There were several people around me topless on the beach...so I figured why not. It took me a while to get the courage...but I finally did it. After a few hours I was pretty comfortable. Later that night my husband and I decided to go to the pool bar. There was a group of men in their 30's who were DRUNK! One of them proceded to tell me very loudly that he saw me (and my boobs) on the beach. I guess he was staring too much and his wife ended up hitting him and fighting in their room. His wife walked up while he was telling me this story (that I was very uncomfortable listening to). She got mad at him (glared at me) and walked away. When I left the bar the four friends all yelled at me and asked me to show them my chest.
    I am sure I will try the topless sunbathing next time we are in Jamaica...hopefully there won't be any drama involved.

Quote Originally Posted by mbhines View Post
    Let me tell you about my topless experience. I was at CN last December. There were several people around me topless on the beach...so I figured why not. It took me a while to get the courage...but I finally did it. After a few hours I was pretty comfortable. Later that night my husband and I decided to go to the pool bar. There was a group of men in their 30's who were DRUNK! One of them proceded to tell me very loudly that he saw me (and my boobs) on the beach. I guess he was staring too much and his wife ended up hitting him and fighting in their room. His wife walked up while he was telling me this story (that I was very uncomfortable listening to). She got mad at him (glared at me) and walked away. When I left the bar the four friends all yelled at me and asked me to show them my chest.
    I am sure I will try the topless sunbathing next time we are in Jamaica...hopefully there won't be any drama involved.
    This is one of the reasons why those who like A/N like it A/N and not C/O. Everyone is the same--naked.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    This is one of the reasons why those who like A/N like it A/N and not C/O. Everyone is the same--naked.
    Well said. My topless experiences at CN were usually pleasant but one embarrassing moment was when a man the age of my father told me he and his friends enjoyed watching me on the beach - this was told to me on the bus ride to the airport - ICK!

I'll save my topless (and bottomless) sunbathing for he AN beaches going forward.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Just my two cents worth, I recommend trying Magic before you invest in the wax. It's very cheap, and if it works for you, you'll love it!! CVS has it, in the men's shaving section. Looks like you have time to decide. My other two cents is give AN a try. What have you go to lose?? Enjoy!
    -Stacey

Wow, what a crazy story! It wasn't your fault that the dude wouldn't quit staring!