Default CSS excursion questions

Just a few questions on the excursions from CSS:

For the Dunn's River excursion, how long are you away from the resort? Is it worth the time away if we are there for 6 days?

Same for the glass bottom boat?

Same for snorkling? Or is it on site?

For Margaritaville, I have read reviews on other boards that it is not that great. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the trip? My husband will need some night life while we are there. Is M-ville the best option or is what is on site going to fill his need? Or should we consider heading somewhere else?

Thanks! Looking forward to our first trip to Couples.

Dunn's River Falls is about 15 minutes away if I'm not mistaken. I haven't been there but you pass it on the way to the resort. The glass bottom boat and snorkeling are all done from the beach at the resort. No need to go anywhere for that. As far as nightlife, it really depends on what you're looking for. The piano bar is usually a good place to hang out with a bunch of other people later into the evening. Some of it depends on the crowd at the resort during your visit. I hope you enjoy your first trip "home". I bet it won't be you last!

imo dunn's river is a must do once....usually you're back by noon. just don't go when the cruise ships are docked.

can't speak on maragritaville cause we never went.

glass bottom boat and snorkeling are both on site, and worth doing.

Def Dunn's...or so I hear! Hubby & I will be going our first visit to CSS. Last year, we were at CSA. And don't forget to check out the cruise schedule, as well!

Dunn's River is basically a morning trip. You'll be back around 12:30, in time to grab some lunch. The other two you mentioned are just a couple hours, and you take the boat from the beach.

We personally skip Margaritaville, but that's totally up to you. We have found that getting up so early and spending all day in the sun (with cocktails), we're tired a lot earlier than normal. Also, I don't particularly like the idea of overpriced, watered-down drinks in an American-themed tourist trap, but we do know some people who have gone with a group and had a good time. As for other off-property destinations, they would probably be more appealing to me/us, but we've never really found the need.

As for things to do on the property, there is a "disco party" I think two nights over on the A/N beach (but not A/N in dress), and on the other nights, there's something going on up at the balloon bar (check the schedule), though they don't tend to run as late because of the proximity to the rooms. The balloon bar will usually stay up and serving as long as you will, and if not, you can head down to the main bar, where there are usually a few people/couples up late.

For Dunns River Falls we were only gone for a few hours. We were back before lunch. We enjoyed it the first time, and thought it was worth it. We also took the glass bottom boat tour which is also just maybe about and hour or so. It was interesting. They take you over a reef and show you the different "critters" that are all part of it. We never did the snorkling, but from everyone we spoke to that has, they enjoyed it. We are not big on some of the "touristy" places, and by the time they leave for Margaritaville I am ready for some snuggling and sleep, so we have also never gone.

I guess the real answer is it depends on what you are looking for in this vacation.
    Linda

I can't speak for the Dunn's River, but all the other activities are right there at the resort within. As for Mville... we went to the one in Negril and it was a total waste! Bad Margaritas and poor night life. OR could be better based on cruise ships etc. that can add to the night life. I wouldn't waste your money when the drinks are free at the resort.

When are you going to CSS? We leave in 20 days!

Quote Originally Posted by danag View Post
    Just a few questions on the excursions from CSS:

For the Dunn's River excursion, how long are you away from the resort? Is it worth the time away if we are there for 6 days?

Same for the glass bottom boat?

Same for snorkling? Or is it on site?

For Margaritaville, I have read reviews on other boards that it is not that great. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the trip? My husband will need some night life while we are there. Is M-ville the best option or is what is on site going to fill his need? Or should we consider heading somewhere else?

Thanks! Looking forward to our first trip to Couples.
    TT

I'm not sure if the glass bottom boat or the snorkeling would be worth giving up beach time for. Both are on site and the water sports people from the resort take you out. We did snorkeling one year and it was so rough out that I was seasick in 10 minutes from bobbing on top of the water. There wasn't really too much to see out there either, if I remember correctly.
    Can't remember how long Dunn's river takes...maybe someone who's been there more recently can shed light on that!

Dunn's River Falls...yes. It's a morning well spent. We will not do it on our next trip, but it's an experience you will enjoy and it's included in your stay, except for tips.

Snorkeling and glass bottom boats...yes. These are fun and relatively short outings and the water sports guys at CSS are fantastic and will share a lot of information during the trip.

Margaritaville....We did not go, but had friends who did, and they had a great time. We opted to hang out together at the resort and enjoy the evenings there.

You cannot go wrong no matter what options you choose. It's all good.

The Falls are fun and unique if you have never been. Very close to CSs (15 min in traffic). Do not take any valuables

Why go to Margaritaville and pay $8 for drinks unless CSS is totally dead