Default Honeymoon Package Requirements

My husband and I are celebrating our honeymoon, but it's a 10 month belated one because we couldn't afford to take one right after the wedding. Is it really within 30 days from the wedding date in order to get the honeymoon package?

From the Wedding & Honeymoon FAQs:

How do I receive my complimentary honeymoon gifts?

Honeymooners receive a complimentary bottle of champagne and his/hers half hour massages.
    Reservation must have comment “honeymoon”
    Valid for couples that were married within 30 days of arriving to resort
    Proof of wedding at check in (proof of marriage is a copy of the marriage license or wedding certificate).

Couples has to draw the line somewhere; otherwise, people who have been married for years but never took a honeymoon could claim entitlement, and people who did take honeymoons could claim that they did not.

Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

That's what it says on the website. If they didn't have a limit everyone would just say they were celebrating a late honeymoon.

Default Honeymoon Package

I was wondering the same thing. Our honeymoon will be 6 months after the wedding.

Would still love to get the honeymoon package.

It would be neat if they would allow you to get the honeymoon package as long as you book the trip prior to your wedding and submit the wedding details with your reservation. The downside is that this would take a lot of time and effort to verify everything.

People who were married for years would not be able to claim that it was their honeymoon because they'd have to show their marriage license.
    I think one year within the date of your wedding is reasonable. Not everyone has the funds to pay for a wedding and take a luxurious honeymoon within the same month.
    Some of us have to save up.

what happens when you get married there , do you get it ? we are planning to be married at CSA in FEB 2011?

what happens when you get married there , do you get it ? we are planning to be married at CSA in FEB 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    . . . . I think one year within the date of your wedding is reasonable . . . .
    I think the 30-day policy is appropriate. After all, the term "honeymoon" originally meant the first month (or lunar cycle) after marriage. If you can deem a vacation taken within one year of marriage to constitute a honeymoon, why shouldn't others be able to deem a vacation within 18 months or 24 months of marriage to be a honeymoon? People who have been married for years and who did not take a honeymoon immediately after marrying might proclaim their first "big" vacation to be their delayed honeymoon. They can call their vacation whatever they want, just as you can, but Couples has the right to establish its policy regarding what it considers to be a honeymoon. I think that Couples' policy is consistent with the current generally-accepted definition of the term "honeymoon."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

You can probably ask one of the staff and get a bottle of champagne...they are super accommodating. Hell I see people drink champagne all day long. Oh and they ask when you arrive if you are celebrating anything special and just say your anniversary...they didn't check our first year and we got a bottle in our room. And splurge for the message...they really aren't that expensive and if you got the $500 resort credit you can use that!