Default Win trip to Couples - Time is running out!

University of Iowa Children’s Hospital is going to sell raffle tickets for a 5 day/4 night stay at a Couples resort. One ticket for $10.00 and 3 tickets for $20.00! The Pool Party will be held on Saturday, August 7th from 6:00 to 9:15 p.m. at the North Liberty Rec Outdoor Pool. Need not be present to win!!!! If you want to purchase tickets, and cannot attend, please contact Diane Pollard at Issatrustfoundation@yahoo.com. You can send your check directly to me and I will enter you in the drawing! email: issatrustfoundation@yahoo.com!!

For those you who really wanted to tip, this is a great way to give back and help the children and families!!

Also, for more details on our newest program, follow Dr. Firas blog as he shares his experiences as he volunteers in the local hospitals and clinics in Jamaica. Dr. Firas is a pediatric intensive doctor. http://issatrust.blogspot.com

Many thanks to you and all the volunteers!
    Diane Pollard
    President & CEO

Sounds a little fishy to me...

These chances to win a Couples trip is very cheap..It's only $20.00 for three chances..We all appreciate the service we get at all four of the Couples Resorts but we can not tip so this can be our way of saying "thanks".

PLEASE just take a minute,write and send a check to Diane.

Hugs

Hi Diane Pollard -

Since some people (including me) have no idea who you are, and since there are so many internet scams out there, could you please put a little identifying info out there about yourself and also about how the person donating the $$ will know what their raffle ticket numbers are, etc. I'm assuming Couples wouldn't let someone with no connection to the Issa Trust use that name in vain, but still, some info would be helpful.

Thank you -

I am interested in donating, but the inner skeptic is wanting more information as well. I could not find any information about this on the webpage for the hospital or for the pool this is being held at.

Not trying to be a naysayer - just being cautious.
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Randy??? Is this legit?

I went to the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital's website and they do not have this event listed.

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/ch...rk/events.html

....Diane is a driving force behind the Medical Missions that the Issa trust foundation sponsors. Check out the Issa foundation website and you'll get a chance to see the fabulous work being done for the kids of a country we love....

Diane,

I need an address....email me through facebook...

A.Wall

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    Randy??? Is this legit?

I went to the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital's website and they do not have this event listed.

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/ch...rk/events.html
    Same here. I wondered why on earth they would use a yahoo email address when both Issa Trust Foundation and the hospital have their own domains. The email address is what seems the most fishy to me. That and if this was really a big fund raiser wouldn't it be on one or both of their websites?

They are listed on the Issa Trust partner page.

Use this link or click at bottom of the page Issa Trust Foundation link.

http://issatrustfoundation.com/07-partners.htm
    Irie Mon

Default It's on the facebook page

This event is listed on the Issa Trust Foundation Facebook page and a quick google search will show Diane Pollard as an executive with the Foundation. I would have to think that this post would not have made it past moderation if it were not legit. Hope they sell lots of tickets.

Default Fundraising

Good day and thank you so much for your interest in the Issa Trust Foundation. Randy Russell is the Chairman of our nonprofit and I am the President & CEO of the Issa Trust Foundation. You can also find our bios on the www.issatrustfoundation.com website for more information on our Board Members. This is on the up and up, the volunteers of the University of Iowa Children's Hospital is helping raise money for the yearly medical missions held in September of each year. If you contact me through the issatrustfoundation@yahoo.com email address, I will give you my address to send a check to enter. I will then send via mail back to you your raffle ticket receipt. Like I have done for Tommy and others, will place a label on the back of the raffle ticket your name, and address, and personally place the tickets in for the drawing. Deadline date is August 2nd. Feel free to also call me with any questions at 515-480-1683. Also, one of the volunteers Dr. Firas, pediatric intensive doctor, is currently volunteering and has a blog for you to read if you would like of his day to day activities in Jamaica. issatrust.blogspot.com. Also, join us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...07091499322401

Thank YOU!
    Diane Pollard, President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation

Fear not....we have our raffle tickets in hand. Diane Pollard did just as she said. Check-out the "Gleaner" piece as mentioned on the message board in regard to the $300,000 donation by the Issa Foundation. Diane's picture is shown.

Default Thanks For Your Support!

Thank you so much for all of your support! Couples Resorts truly believes in giving back to their community!

For those of you who would like to read the day-to-day activities of one of the pediatric doctors currently volunteering in Jamaica, Dr. Firas, Pediatric Intensive doctor from Iowa, please see his blog:

http://issatrust.blogspot.com/2010/0....html?spref=fb

What our immediate needs are is 6 slightly used or new incubators of which the hospitals have NONE!

Default if we win.....

Can we add on to the 5 days and make it longer?
    Can we choose which resort to stay in?
    Can we pick a time to come or are there only certain weeks included?

I realize some of these issues are minor, but still would like to know the rules before hand.

Default Fundraiser for Issa Trust Foundation

Hope this helps answer your questions:

Valid Travel Dates –August 07, 2010 –August 7, 2011
    Resort –Choice of Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci, Couples Negril or Couples Swept
    Away

**ONLINE REDEMTION: go to www.couples.com/prize to request your dates and pay the $75 processing fee.

Prize Rules: Prize letter is valid once winners name is received at Couples Resorts. Complimentary stay is not
    guaranteed for requested dates, as prize is subject to budgeted complimentary room space availability. Prize travel
    must be completed before expiration date above. Blackout dates apply as follows, all resorts: December 25 –
    March 31; Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away October 8-12. Prize has no cash value and is nontransferable.
    Expiration extensions will not be permitted. Airfare is not included. If requesting travel April 1st –
    December 24th, your stay will be confirmed no earlier than 60 days prior to arrival date. Additional nights can be
    purchased at applicable rates. Complimentary nights are reserved in the lead room category. Upgrades can be
    purchased only if additional nights are purchased and payment will be calculated as the difference in category rate.

Default Thank YOU!

Thanks to all for your support in the purchase of tickets!! Just a couple more days left if you would like to purchase!

As stated by one of our nurses, "the love a mother has for her child is universal...We really are not so different after all!"

Issa Trust Foundation is focusing on the health of the children, our future, and what we care most about is to make sure the youth don't die before their time and are not denied the chance to find their own fulfillment. We agree that every life has equal value, and it deserves to be the priority of our giving.

Bless you for all of your support!
    Diane Pollard
    President & CEO

Default Winner to be Announced

Thanks to everyone for responding so kindly to our fundraiser! The function is planned for Saturday, August 7th, and will post the winner on the message board!!

Default And the winner is..........

Valerie and Scott Kelley of Clinton, Iowa won the raffle!!

Seems so fitting as I found out Val is a Ped/OB nurse and has always had a passion for children. They have only been on one vacation in 20 years so they are in great need of a Couples Resort fix!

Thank YOU to all who were so passionate to help make a difference!

THANK YOU COUPLES RESORTS AND RANDYMON!!

Learn more about Issa Trust Foundation:
    www.issatrust.blogspot.com
    www.issatrustfoundation.com

Blessings,
    Diane Pollard
    President & CEO
    Issa Trust Foundation

Congrats!! Val and Scott. That is so cool to have someone from the same hometown win the trip. Have a great time.

Wow nice to see Clinton folks winning a great vacation to a great place FerChitsNGiggles also nice to see other folks from Clinton that love Couples too!!