Thread: CN or CSA

Default CN or CSA

Any input you can give would be great.. My husband and I are heading to Jamaica the 23rd of October. I can't decide which resort to book. CN and CSA are my choices. We can get a better room at CN for the same as a garden room at CSA. They both have awesome beaches and nice pools etc.. Can any of you tell me which one has better entertainment and night life? My husband will be disappointed if there's nothing to do after 9pm.
    Thanks for your help. Can't wait to get there!

I've been to both and prefer the nightlife at CSA. Nothing beats Ultimate Chocolate at the piano bar and then dancing at the Aura lounge!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Quote Originally Posted by movemetojamaica View Post
    Any input you can give would be great.. My husband and I are heading to Jamaica the 23rd of October. I can't decide which resort to book. CN and CSA are my choices. We can get a better room at CN for the same as a garden room at CSA. They both have awesome beaches and nice pools etc.. Can any of you tell me which one has better entertainment and night life? My husband will be disappointed if there's nothing to do after 9pm.
    Thanks for your help. Can't wait to get there!
    cn will allow you to be nekkid
    CSA is located on long bay so post 9 pm night life is an easy walk up the beach.. alfreds and various mom and pop bars that have their own vibe..
    Any " real" late night life is in the west end

I went to CN and CSA (my 3rd time)last year. My husband and I definitely preferred CSA. The nightlife is a lot better at CSA. There is a lot more activities offered; and a lot more people were at the club and bar later. CN is beautiful and a wonderful resort...we just prefer CSA. We also prefer CSA for their food, the beach, and the sports complex. A lot of the food at CN was fried. Nothing quite like being on the beach swollen after four days of fried food. The beach at CSA is a lot larger. The beach at CN is in a cove and a lot quieter. The sports complex at CSA is amazing. You need to go spend time across the street even if you don't workout. There is a walking trail, tennis courts, fitness center, lap pool (which many use to get away from crowds), and the spa. The bar at the sports complex makes wonderful fresh fruit smoothies.
    My husband and I agree that we would LOVE CN if we had not been to CSA. I do prefer the rooms at CN. However, you are not in your room enough for that to be the deciding factor.

For night life, I think CSA is the way to go

We're the couple who is in bed by 10, so we can't give lots of info about evening activites....But, we LOVE CSA (7 times this Thanksgiving). There are LOTS of things to do in the evening....The Palms has a live band after dinner (I think 9 ish), and there's Ultimate Chocolate at the Piano Bar who is awesome....He's so unbelievably talented!! In addition, there's Movie Night on the beach as well as a really romantic bonfire with an awesome guitarist (again, on the beach)....And if you want to take a 5 minute walk down the beach there's Margaritaville, plus there are a few night clubs nearby (Alfred's and the Jungle), which are a short cab ride away.

In any case we really love the funky JamAsian feel of CSA's rooms and decor, and are totally besotted with the staff. I'd always recommend CSA hands down, but then again - I'm biased.

Really, whichever resort you decide on I'm sure you'll have the time of your lives!!!

Enjoy -

One Love -

Thanks so much for your input.. CSA it is. That's where I was leaning but I wanted to get advice from you experts. Can't say that I want to get nekkid.. I'm a modest girl but my husband would be that way 24/7 if he could.

i think you made an excellent choice!!! You will love it!For an all-inclusive resort it has the best choices for food. you do not have to be a fitness freak like me to appreciate the food choices you have. No macdonald or wendys, but fresh grilled seafood, jerk chicken, sushi, wraps, smoothies etc! You can still grab a burger but with all the great food, that burger will be the last thing you choose!
    Have an awesome time! once you go you will be hooked...17 times and counting and we have explored many resorts on the island!