Default When to book for Nov.2011

We've been wanting to go to Couples for a long time now, but it's never worked out. We booked a trip two years ago but had to cancel the week before when my SIL who was going to care for our kids wound up in the hospital. Anyway, I amd determined that when I finish my graduate program in Nov. 2011, whatever it takes, we're going. I think I'm set on CSA.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out when to book, since I may not know the exact days we can go until about 3 months before. (I know it will be early November.)If I book now and have to change the dates, is it considered a re-booking, or can I do this and keep the same rate? What would make sense in this situation?

Thanks!

This is what the reservation part of this web site informs us:
    CANCELLATION POLICY:
    HOTEL: Up to 46 days prior to arrival: No penalty, hotel portion is refundable.
    45 to 30 days prior to arrival: $400US non refundable.
    29 to 15 days prior to arrival: 50% of the hotel price non refundable.
    14 days and less: 100% of hotel price non refundable.
    No refunds for late arrival and early departures.

It looks like you can cancel as close as 46 days prior to arrival, so maybe you could book now and cancel later if you had to. I certainly wouldn't book flights until you had certain dates pinned down.

We already booked for Nov 2011 too because the prices were just too good to miss out on. I never think it's too early to reserve, but many times it is too late particularly when a really good special is running and rooms are booked quickly. I say go for it!

Congrats on your school accomplishment - Couples is a great way to celebrate!

When I talked to someone on the phone about this they said we would have to rebook at the current rates, even if we add another day or move the whole trip over a day or two. Some people on here have said the opposite though so I don't know.

We booked for Aug 2011 but weren't sure which dates to pick because it is so far away. I just guessed and hoped those dates would work. That's when I asked about it. It would be great if that was incorrect information though.