My soon-to-be-husband and I will be going to CSS in Nov. It's our first time at a Couples resort. I signed up for Romance Rewards in hopes of using the Trading Spaces perk...Does anyone know if I will be able to use it on our first trip there?
How does it work...do we need to sign up for anything?
Once you are registered for Romance Rewards you can sign up for trading places. Trading Places is available on Mon,Weds and Fridays only. You can sign up for it 24 hours in advance and it is limited to 10 couples daily in each direction. You can only go on Trading Places once per stay
Just have your Romance Rewards number with you when you sign up
The visit to CTI from CSS is available to Romance Rewards members. You do NOT have to be a repeater to do the Trading Places deal. You just have to be registered for Romance Rewards. You will have the use of all facilities at the other resort except for those things that require a reservation. Sign up at CSS's Guest Relations Desk a day in advance. They bus a maximum of 10 couples from CSS to CTI on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The bus leaves at 9:45 AM and returns at 4:00 PM. No coupons or credits from your base resort can be used at the "Trading Places" resort being visited. We intended to do this during our last stay at CSA, but beach gravity got the better of us.
Yes, you will be able to participate in the Trading Places program. You simply need to have an active Romance Rewards account; you do not need to be a returning guest.
From the FAQs:
Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)
Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".
In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.
In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.
Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:
1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.
2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.
3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.
4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.
5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.
6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).
I think you can do the Trading Spaces perk as newbies. To do this check with guest services when you arrive. I believe the switch, which takes you to CTI, is on M.W.& F. You can't use any of the "reserved" services but you can see the resort and you can eat at the buffet, the grill, the veggie bar, do the water sports, use the bars and go over to the island if you like.